Sequel: Holding On

Bat Country

Chapter Six

Three days later I was free to go home. It was two days after I was supposed to get out of here but Val got too worried and convinced the doctor that I need to stay here longer.

It was noon when Val and I finally got in the car on the way home. Val was driving; I sat next to her. We didn't talk much on the way home but we exchanged looks and smiles. I turned the radio on, nothing that I like but neither unstandable shitty music.

Outside of the window it was a lovely day, the sun was shining in the blue sky with no clouds around. I missed that weather, California is the best place in the world; I've been to many places but never came across a better place.

The longer I stared outside the window I started to feel weak and dizzy; my eyes started to burn and my body was itchy, I sadly turned my look away from the window.

I looked down, trying to avoid the sun. I was completely blinded; my head started to hurt and my body was getting more and more itchy. The sun on my face felt good though.

We got out of the car in silence, Val walked to the house and unlocked the doors; I followed her, happy to be home. As I walked toward the door, all of the sudden memories and pictures came back to my head in flashes. It was weird, almost scary, but coming home reminded me of the last time I was there.

"Matt? Are you coming?" she asked me from inside the house, I was standing still in the doorway trying to focus my memories and maybe understand what happened that night and why the fuck I was in the hospital. No matter how much I tried to concentrate, I only remembered clearly what happened in the five minutes I was at home, nothing that might have caused me anything. I'd need to try and relieve that day later.

Val was still looking at me waiting for an answer; I was confused and unfocused trying to remember any sort of detail from that night. A shiver went through my body but still nothing.

I nodded and got inside the house; it was clean and nice, that made me feel comfortable, much nicer than the hospital. "Are you hungry?" Val asked me, my mind was still somewhere else as I nodded. I told her that I'm going to shower and went upstairs.

In the shower I cleaned up my mind, it has always been my favorite thinking place. The cold waters felt so good against my skin and helped me relax. I could think of anything and care about nothing at all. Some weird things happened lately and I must find out why.

After the shower I knew exactly what I should do and had the night planned. Downstairs Val was waiting for me with dinner ready. I smiled and kissed her cheek before sitting next to her. We ate in silence, I could tell that something bothered her but didn't know what. I didn't bother asking, I had other things on my mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that it took me few days to update and that it's a short one. My computer died so I needed to rewrite some parts. I will try to update more often and the next chapter is a longer one ;)

Thanks for reading, hope you liked it. And you're more than welcome to leave me a comment saying what you're thinking... (: