It's Not the Life It Seems

Chapter Eleven

Honey had just finished unpacking. As the bus was quite small she could only have her overnight bag on board, but when they were stopped she could go and get more things she needed from down below, which she was fine with.

“Honeyyyy,” Bob called, “Were having a meeting.” Bob walked back out of the room and Honey followed, confused as to why they had to have a meeting. She understood instantly as soon as she walked into the lounge area and saw the producer sitting there with Honey’s agent and Brian, My Chemical Romances manager.

“Now,” The producer was saying, whose name Honey was yet to discover, “I want you all just to interact and behave as you normally would, forget about the camera’s you know. Don’t be all like Paris and Nicole and do things just to be on camera, let us worry about what goes in and out, you know”..

The producer, noticing Honey was now present looked up at her. “Now love, were going to make you as comfortable as possible, so for the first few days its going to be rough but after that you only have to make appearances on the bus, just enough to look like you’re here all the time, you know. We have a bus for you that’s going to be following us on the tour, for you to stay in.”

Honey frowned at the notion. “Uh can I ask why I don’t just stay on the bus?”

The producer and Honey’s agent laughed, “You seriously want to stay with five smelly boys for two months. Get real, you wouldn’t last a day.”

My Chemical Romance looked offended at being called smelly, but not as much as Honey was.

“Excuse me?!” Honey said outraged, eyes flashing, “Wouldn’t last a day? I don’t think I would last a day by myself on a boring bus. At least this way we wouldn’t have to lie to everyone about me being on the bus. At least this way I have some entertainment, not complete isolation on some stupid bus.”

“Fine, whatever toots,” the rude producer said, “But just remember that when your begging for your own bus.”

Honey was seriously pissed off, “Oh just remember that when your begging for your life you stupid son of a-“

“HONEY,” Dave said interrupting her, “Enough. Now I believe its time we left or were not going to make it to our next stop. Honey, were all going to be in a bus behind. Call me if you need anything at all, okay?’

“Fine,” Honey muttered glad to see the back of the producer and hoped he wasn’t going to be around much. As soon as they were gone, the band turned around to face Honey.

“What!?” Honey said, still irritated from the producer making assumptions about her.

They all just burst out laughing.

“Hahahaha, you should have seen the look on that guys face,” Mikey said between laughs.

“No! You should have seen the look on your face,” Gerard laughed remembering how angry Honey had looked.

Frank came over to Honey and put an arm around her. “You have a short temper and are feisty as hell, I think your going to fit in well around here.” Honey smiled and joined in laughing with them. I guess he asked for it, she thought.

***

They had been driving for little over an hour and Honey was already fairly bored. She had already explored the bus fully, as it was really quite small, and personalized her bunk by putting pictures up and adding her favorite pillow. She looked around, now what? Honey decided she would go to see what the other guys were up to, maybe she could rely on them to keep her amused. Honey wandered out into the lounge room and just looked with an unimpressed expression on her face. Frank and Mikey were playing an x-box game, while Bob was reading a book, Ray was cooking something and Gerard was sitting on the couch next to Bob drawing. Honey realized quickly that everyone just wanted to do their own thing, which she was fine with so she went back to her bunk, pulled out a magazine (with her on the cover) and put her i-pod on shuffle. She was soon asleep.

***
Gerard was on his way to the bathroom when he noticed Honey had fallen asleep in her bunk. One i-pod headphone had fallen out, and a magazine had slipped onto the floor. Gerard picked it up, looking on the cover. Honey was standing there hugging her body wearing nothing but an oversized jumper. Her hair was wavy and her make-up perfect. She was smiling a real smile, so obviously something or someone had just made her laugh. He opened the magazine to find the interview, and, hopefully, more pictures. He smiled when he saw Honey standing in her pool looking up at the camera coyly, wearing a small red bikini. Fuck, she has a seriously good body, Gerard thought, as he couldn’t help but check her out. She was attractive. He knew, she knew it, hell the world all knew it. He took one last lingering look before putting it back. Geez, were going to have to watch all the men around her, Gerard thought, not including himself in that category, as he walked off into the bathroom.