It's Not the Life It Seems

Chapter Thirteen

Honey woke up the next morning, and for the briefest second forgot completely where she was. It was a strange thing to have to get used to, waking up and having an object 30 centimeters from your face. Especially when that object was a bunk above you and in that bunk above you was Gerard Way.

Honey glanced at her phone to tell her the time, it read eight a.m. It also told her that she had five missed calls. Honey looked at the call register and smirked when she saw they were all from Alex. Honey heard a noise in the bunk next to her and looked over and saw Frank looking back at her. He jerked his head lightly towards the kitchen area, motioning for them to go in there. Honey nodded and slipped out of the bunk, joining him at the kitchen table.

“Sleep well?” He asked, pulling a box of cereal down from one of the top cupboards.

“Yeah I guess, I didn’t really go to bed until late cause I slept so much in the day”, Honey replied putting two pieces of toast in the toaster.

“Your fucking phone woke me up twice last night. I finally got up and put it on silent after it rang for the fourth time”, Frank said, although he didn’t seem that irritated.

“Awe sorry. It was just Alex anyway”, Honey replied.

Frank raised his eyebrows, “Just Alex?” He said emphasizing the just.

Honey didn’t really know what to say to that, so instead she changed the subject. “So you miss Jamia much?”

Frank sulkily stuck out his lower lip, “Yes I am but she’s coming out to see me in a few days and I think Alicia is too”.

“No Christa?” Honey said hopefully, as she had grown rather fond of her.

“Nope, not this time. Uhh I think she and Eliza are coming in a week”. Honey felt her face drop slightly at the mention of Eliza’s name, she hoped Frank didn’t see. Its not that she disliked the girl, it was more the fact that she seemed to dislike Honey. Oh well, Christa’s coming, that will be good..

Honey was on the phone to the producer. He was telling her that the first show would be airing next week, as they wanted to publicize it as much as possible while they were all still together.

“It will be a greater connection between the show and the audience if they know it is happening right now, you know” He was saying.

“Now love, I was going to talk to you about your bus. You can move their tomorrow, so get your shit together. Its bigger then the boys, nicer too. It has a shower and a big double bed so you will be as comfortable as possible, you could even have guests come, if ya know what I mean, you know”.

Honey just wanted to get off the phone with him, because quite honestly he repulsed her.

“Oh yeah and toots, youse all have an interview later, about the show. Were going to be pulling over at eleven, they come on board for an hours interview and then they get off after that. So make sure ya make ya self look hot, you know”.

“Yes”, Honey said dully before hanging up and going into the bathroom to make herself ‘look hot’.

It was nearly eleven. Everyone was up and dressed, and Honey was making them tidy the bus just a little, so the interviewers weren’t too disgusted. At exactly eleven the bus pulled over and the bus door opened.

“Hi”. A smiling women poked her blonde head into the bus and climbed up the stairs, followed by a camera crew.

“I’m Mel, from countdown, how are you all?”

Gerard approached her, naturally being the talkative one in the band, and so did Honey. Gerard held out his hand and smiled that charming smile of his. “Hi, I’m Gerard”. The women took his hand and smiled back, then turned to Honey.

Honey flashed her trademark smile at the women, “Hello, nice to meet you, I’m Honey”.
The woman stared at Honey momentarily, as this was the first time she had actually seen her in the flesh. She soon snapped out of it as Frank offered her a place to sit, opposite the band and Honey.

Honey sat herself down in the middle of the couch, with Frank on her left and Mikey on her right. The cameras began rolling and the interview began. The first few questions were just about the show, which Gerard answered easily. Honey found herself tuning out as she watched him speak. He was so confident, but yet so meaningful when he talked. She found herself wishing that she was more then just a shallow pop star that everyone was likely to forget about in a matter of years. More like him, whose fame would last a life time.

“Honey!”, Frank said as Mikey nudged her.

“What?” She said confused. They all laughed at her and Frank pointed to the camera crew and interviewer. Honey had completely forgotten she was meant to be doing an interview.

“Sorry”, she said apologetically to Mel.

Mel smiled, “That’s okay, now what I wanted to ask you was what it’s like living with five boys in a very small space”.

Honey laughed rather fakely, “Well so far it’s been fun, like living with your brothers I suppose. It hasn’t really hit me just yet, but give it some time and I’m sure I’ll be running screaming from this bus”.

Mel continued, “and guys, how do your partners feel about you living in such small confides with such a gorgeous woman?”

“There fine with it”, Gerard said shortly. Honey looked at him frowning at his almost too quick response.

“My girlfriend happens to love Honey, so I would be more worried about her being alone with Honey, than she would be being here with Honey!” Ray said, luckily, as it distracted away from Gerard’s unusual response.

Honey decided to take control, as Gerard had gone in a strange mood all of a sudden, “They have nothing to worry about, not with my boyfriend, Alex breathing down these guys necks anyway”.

“You have a new boyfriend”, Mel said with a hungry look in her eye knowing this would be big news.

“Oh, didn’t you know?” Honey said with a small fake laugh, knowing perfectly well no one knew, “Alex. He’s in the Arctic Monkeys”.