It's Not the Life It Seems

Chapter Seven

Honey’s agent, Dave Silverman, closed his hands together over his desk and peered at the two men in front of him. He sat thoughtfully for a moment before breaking out in a grin. This deal would make Honey’s popularity soar, not to mention his own bank balance.

“I think we could really make this work well,” One of the men said, an executive from MTV, “There has been no other concept like this before. The public would love to see Honey in that situation.”

Dave chewed his bottom lip. “I love it. Great idea, but I don’t know if Honey will go for it. She was really looking forward to some time off work, and now she has to travel around the country. It might be tough to convince her to give all that up to travel around with five men in a…tour bus?”

The men just looked at each other and grinned. They knew this wouldn’t be a problem. They had seen the way Honey had looked at Gerard, there was no way she wouldn’t say yes.

“Oh, I think we you’ll be able to bring her around,” they said ,smirking to themselves.

***

“Christa? Hi its Honey here. Now this might sound a little strange, but here I go anyway. I have a…show tonight and I know you all hate my music and probably think I am an egotistical star with no real problems but I like to make believe, but I was think that maybe you would all like to come. To my show. Maybe. Uh get back to me if you can bye!”

Honey groaned to herself. Could she have sounded any more immature? Christa had given Honey her phone number last night, but she wouldn’t be surprised if they’d rather just forget her. Honey walked down the long staircase and into her huge kitchen. She wanted coffee now. She peered in the fridge, and quickly drew her head back. It stank of spoiled goods. She then realized she had no coffee or milk.

“Great, a trip to the shops. Just what I’ve always wanted,” She said to herself sarcastically. She ran upstairs and picked out an outfit that she would pretend was something she ‘just threw on’. Before walking out her door, she put on her oversized sunglasses and her large Louis Vuitton bag and braced herself to go outside. The opening of the house door stirred all the paparazzi that would lie in wait for her to come out. They all quickly ran across the street, just to get a picture of her leaving the house. Honey quickly walked to her Mercedes and opened the gate of her house. Trying to avoid reversing into a photographer was a difficult task, especially when they were directly behind the car, but Honey managed it. She drove up the street and turned left, ignoring the fleet of SUV’s that would follow her close behind.

Honey arrived at her local shops and after signing several autographs she finally had gotten what she came for, milk and coffee. Just as she went to pay, she heard her phone ringing. She pulled it out of her bag and saw Christa’s caller ID came up.

“Hi Gorgeous!” Honey said into the phone, whilst paying for her groceries.

“Well hello to you too missy,” came a male voice.Who is this person?, Honey thought.

“Hmm…that doesn’t sound like Christa, who is it?” Honey asked, “Gerard is that you?”

“Yeahhh! It’s me. Anyway I wanted to say thanks to your invite but most of us can’t make it tonight, you know interviews and shit, except I think Christa wants to go and so she is dragging Ray along most likely but yeah sorry.”

Honey felt slightly disappointed but also slightly relieved because she would have been extra nervous had they all been there.

“That’s okay, it was just kinda something I thought of last minute anyway. Actually it’s a good thing you’re not going, you guys would probably jump on stage and totally show me up!”

Gerard laughed before replying, “No way. Everyone adores you, and if anyone hates you, it’s only because they can’t stand the fact that everyone adores you. We could never show you up.”

Honey thought that was the sweetest thing she had ever heard. Before she knew it she had been on the phone to Gerard for half an hour, still in the middle of the grotty supermarket with customers throwing darting glances her way, not believing it was her. She couldn’t believe how many similar views and opinions she shared with Gerard, even though they were completely different people. Finally Honey said softly, “Gerard, I have to go. I have a show in two hours and I need to get ready."

Gerard sighed. He never thought he would find this woman so intriguing. Someone he thought was so shallow was really not in the slightest. “Have a good show Honey, think of us while your up there with thousands of teenage girls screaming your name.” Honey smiled to herself as she got off the phone. She felt like a teenage girl who had met her hero. In a way, she was.