‹ Prequel: Move

Run

Ride

Image
I climbed into my house through my bedroom window. I figured Hunter was staring at me in awe. Then again, he was the one that could create snow in the middle of summer.

I went into my weapo room and went into the closet. There was a safe inside the closet. Riley already knew about it and I didn't mind. As long as he wasn't mad anymore, I was happy. I took out several more hundreds and stuffed them in my pocket along with the other hundreds. I'd rather have ran all the way to Texas but, I knew I couldn't have taken everyone at the same time.

My feet pushed me back into my bedroom. I looked at the mirror and played with my hair. I heard Riley outside.

"You look fine love!" He said. I went to the window and raised an eyebrow. He smiled. I climbed out of the window and shut it. I went to the edge of the roof and jumped off landing in front of Hunter. My feet tingled a little.

"Ready?" I asked.

Hunter stared at the roof and then at me. He nodded. "Yeah, I'm sure I'll get use to this in a matter of days."

I smiled. "Let's go." They both took my hand and I immediately ran towards town. My feet pushed me as fast as I could go. I had to go faster so no one would even see us. It was almost like we were invisible. That could have been an option but, I didn't feel like it.

We slowed down as we reached the New York City Airport. I let go of Hunter's hand and held on to Riley's. We walked casually through the front door and towards the woman behind the desk. She was rather fat and short. Her curly brown hair distracted me. I looked at it and Riley cleared his throat and I looked back at her face.

"We need three tickets to Midland, Texas please." Riley said. She nodded and turned her head towards the computer on our right.

"Oo." She said. "We seem to only have first class."

I raised an eyebrow. "How much?"

"$300 per person." She said and looked at our coats. It's a good thing I looked like I had money and had money. If I just looked like a scum, she would have said something else.

I took the money out of my pocket and counted nine hundred dollars. I handed them to her. "There you go."

"Do you have any luggage?" She said counting the money.

I looked at Riley for an excuse. "We are visiting our second home in Midland. Everything is there." Thank God for Riley's excuses.

He grasped my hand. The woman looked at each of us. "What about you boy?" She asked Hunter.

Hunter didn't hesitate. "I am her brother and I have lived with them since our parents died." At least it was partly true.

The woman nodded. "Alright well, your plane leaves in ten minutes. Terminal A." She handed me our tickets and I gave one to Riley and Hunter.

"Thanks." I said to her. I ushered Riley away from her towards terminal A. Hunter followed by my side. We went past many shops and foodcourts. I thought about the guns in our pockets and how we were going to get them through security. I had a plan though.

We reached terminal A and approached security before we could get to our gateway. I looked at Hunter and Riley. "I'm going to try to make a shadow go over the guns so that they are invisible and cannot be traced by the x-ray." I whispered. They nodded. "Just put them in the bin along with your coats and just stay calm." They nodded again. Hunter looked scared. I widened my eyes to tell him to be calm.

They security gaurd asked us to remove our coats and place them in the bin. I touched each of their bins and made them full of invisible metal rays so that the guns would be completely invisible. I nodded to Riley and HUnter and they removed their coats. I removed my own and stuffed it into my bin. The bin moved through the x-ray machine. I moved through the tall x-ray machine and slipped through. It didn't beep. I watched as Hunter and Riley came through the machine and didn't beep. I took in a deep breath and looked at the bin machine. My bin slowly moved through and out towards me. I sighed and grabbed my coat. Riley and Hunter grabbed theirs and put them back on. I did too.

Riley came next to me and grabbed my hand. He moved his head towards my ear. "Nice work Agent G." I smiled. "What is your last name going to be?"

I shrugged. "I don't exactly know."

We walked towards our gate and sat down. Within minutes the intercom announced to have first class enter the plane. We stood up and walked through the hall towards the plane. Riley held on tightly to my hand. Hunter walked a little behind us giving us room. I thought he was acting strangely. I should have been too but, it wasn't exactly surprising for me.

We went into the plane and a woman in a black vest led us to the back of the plane into first class. We were the first ones to be on the plane. We went past all of the other seats and moved through a red curtain. Seats lined up against the walls and we moved towards them. I sat down and Hunter and Riley sat down on either side of me.

"Is there any more first class people?" Riley asked the woman. She shook her head. Well, that was somewhat a relief.

"No sir, you are the only ones. You get this part of the plane to yourselves." She said. "Do you need anything?"

Hunter shook his head. I shook my head too. Riley didn't. "I'll have a glass of white wine. So will she." He said. "And, he'll have a glass of Cherry Pepsi."

The woman smiled and looked at each of us. "I'll get them a soon as we get up in the air." Riley nodded. The woman left towards the front of the plane.

I raised an eyebrow and turned my head to Riley. Hunter leaned over and looked at Riley. "How'd you know?" Hunter said.

We both laughed. "Ah, you have so much to learn little brother." I said as I touched his hand.

Riley smiled. I looked up at him. His fingers intertwined with mine. "I thought we agreed you wouldn't do that to impress me or anyone." I told him.

He nodded. "Yeah but, it still helps." I smiled and leaned my head back on the seat.

I lifted my head and let go of Riely's hand so I could put my seatbelt on. Hunter watched me do so and he did the same. I looked over at Riley and his was already on. He leaned his head back on the seat and smiled.

I leaned my head back and looked at his beautiful eyes. "You'll never change, will you?" I asked.

"Not as long as I live." He smiled and leaned his head towards mine. Our lips touched and I heard Hunter sigh. I looked back up into his eyes.

"You're going to live an aweful while." I said.

He grinned. "Keep in mind, so will you." I smiled and lifted my head and looked at Hunter. He looked down at the floor.

"What's wrong, Hunter?" I asked.

He shrugged. "You're just lucky." I leaned on my knees to get to his height.

"How?" I asked him.

Hunter shrugged again. "You weren't the one that got captured, you have the successful life, you have friends, and you have Riley." He said nodding his head at Riley. Riley leaned over on his knees and looked at me.

"You are lucky to have me." He said. I looked at him in disgust. He frowned and looked deep into my eyes. "Well, I don't see any other person like us that has what we have."

I turned my head back to Hunter. "What he meant to say," I said glancing at Riley," is that we have worked hard to make our lives semi-normal and now look where we are. We are running for our lives and we are just the sort of people that happen to make bad things into good things." I looked back at Riley. He nodded in agreement. "For instance," I continued, "we ran for our lives and found you. And hey, you might get a chance with Meredith. She looks like your kind of woman."

Hunter looked up at me. "Meredith isn't even her real name. It's Brittany." I creased my eyebrows. Riley let out a long breath.

"You women have a way with trying to hide things." He said.

I looked at him. "Well, would you rather have someone come up to you and say, 'My name is Viola Buttercup. What's yours?'"

Riley burrowed his eyebrows. "No I wouldn't want that but, why Greenwood? Gray sounds more sophisticated."

I sighed and looked at each of them. "I didn't only change my name because Hunter died. i changed it because when I found my powers, I was afraid that we'd get into this sort of situation. I didn't want anyone to find me but, that didn't work so well."

Hunter gave a 'humph'. The plane began moving. I leaned back and so did Hunter. Riley sighed and lookedat me. "You still have that twinkle."

I smiled. The plane began going slantways. I looked out of the window and watched as we moved into the sky. The plane evened out and I looked at Riley.

"We all have that sort of twinkle or sparkle in us." I said. Hunter and Riley both smiled. I leaned my head back and closed my eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment!