‹ Prequel: Move

Run

A Little Fun and then Some

Image
I set the bags of clothes on the bed in our hotel room. I made Sam carry them all the way from the shop. The shop was a small store that held very well made clothes. I bought myself another pair of faded jeans and another black v-neck shirt with lace around the edges. Riley insisted that he got a black jacket like Sam. I got him one that didn't have such a high collar as Sam's. Riley also bought a black shirt that clung to his chest. The pants he wore were fine. So he thought.

Hunter bought a new pair of sneakers that looked great to run in. They looked classy too. It was weird, buying clothes to go to war. Sam insisted he didn't need anything. To tell the truth, I didn't want to buy him anything. Hunter also got dark faded jeans and a black t-shirt with a white design running down the front.

I took the clothes out of the bag and gave them to the new owner of each article of clothing. Hunter took his gratefully and rushed into his room to change. Riley went into our bathroom and changed. I waited for Riley to get changed so I could change myself.

Once we were all changed, we over viewed each other and didn't say a word.

"Now that I don't feel like scum," I said, "shall we go get dirty and be scum all over again?"

Riley smiled. "If we get the clothes dirty, I'm sorry."

I took my phone out of my pocket. "I frankly could care less if you get the clothes dirty. I can guarantee they will." I said looking at each of them. Including Sam. "I'm only concerned that we all get out alive."

Sam grunted. "Why would you care about me?"

I frowned at him. "Because you still love my friend and if you die, that love will die."

He sighed. "Could you try to be wrong about something?"

I gave a grin. "Not to sound to confident but, no. I don't think I could." I flipped my phone open and gave it to Sam. "Find their number."

He nodded and closed his eyes. Sam's blue eyes flicked open. "It's ringing."

"Thank you." I said taking the phone and walking away from them. The phone rang in my ear.

"Hello?" Eve's voice said.

"We are ready." I said. I hung the phone up before the call could be tracked.

I turned back towards the others. "Yes, we know what to do." Riley said to me.

"Let's go then." I said in a low voice. I felt the adrenaline pound through my body. This was going to be fun. In a sick kind of way.

We walked out of the hotel and found the others waiting for us across the street. I walked across the street without looking both ways like a good girl. Tobey came up to me. He, thankfully, didn't have a coat on like the others.

"How are we getting there?" He asked.

"Don't worry, Tobey. It's right around the corner." I said glancing at him.

I started walking towards the end of the sidewalk. The others followed me. I could tell which order they were in with using my senses.

Riley, Sam, and Hunter walked directly behind me. Behind them was Tobey and Eve. Brittany walked cautiously behind them. I smiled. I was going to have a good time.

I turned around the corner and smelled the paper factory down the street. I walked towards the smell and came to a gate. The gate was locked. With my perifial vision, I saw Riley smile. I knew he loved seeing me in action.

I lifted my leg and thrust it at the gate. The gate swung open. We walked through it towards the long gray building. The smell filled my noise. It smelled terrible.

We came up to the big door and I pushed it open. There were men moving about pushing logs and boxes around. We walked past them without drawing any attention. My feet told me to move towards the end of the building. We walked through the building without even getting a second glance.

We came up to a flight of stairs leading down. Sam came up behind me. "Now?" He asked referring to using his senses.

"Now." I agreed. I looked over at him and watched as his eyes turned pitch black. I turned back towards the stairs and smiled.

I rushed down the stairs with everyone behind me. At the end of the stairs, there was a large door that couldn't be opened without a key. I tried to push it open.

"Need any help?" Brittany offered. I glanced at her and looked at the door.

I lifted my fist and flung it at the door. My fist made a large hole through the door. I reached through the hole and pulled on the inside handle. The door opened.

"Nope." I said to Brittany.

I walked through the door and stood in a hallway. As soon as I walked through the door, an alarm sounded. I heard footsteps coming from the end of the hall. I walked towards them through the plain hallway.

We came to the end of the hallway and came to another hall. A figure in a black suit came at us with a gun. He fired at me and I caught the bullets in my hands.

"You aren't having a very good day." I showed the bullets to the figure and flung them at him with full force. The man fell to the ground. I walked over him into another hallway.

Figures started coming at us from every which way. Sam kept flinging himself viciously at them and ripping them to shreds. Riley continued shooting and hitting them with all he had. I occasionally saw a flame of fire come from behind me. I thought it was either Hunter or Brittany. I continued to kick, punch, electrocute, and burn whoever came in my path.

We walked down another hall and saw that at the end was a vault. I was determined to get to that vault.

A man came at me. I shot a lightening bolt at him and he collapsed to the ground. I continued to the vault. The alarm was still going off. I saw where the alarm was coming from. The little machine was small and weak. I flung a bolt at it and the alarm stopped.

We rushed to the vault and I motioned to Brittany. It was too big for me to break open.

Brittany came in front of me and touched the vault door.

"Not so much force. We don't want to ruin whatever is in there." I said. She nodded. Brittany closed her eyes and focused on the door. A small explosion landed against the door and the door had a large enough hole in it.

I moved Brittany out of the way and entered the vault. Everyone followed me. Brittany was the last one in. I looked around for the vile. There was several shelves that held random items that must have meant something. I searched around looking for it.

"Over here!" Hunter said. I looked over at him and watched him grab the vile.

I heard a shot and watched Hunter fall to the ground. The vile fell from his hands. I sped towards it and caught it before it landed on the ground. I looked at it and then at Hunter's body. I looked up to see where the shot came from.

The entrance of the vault was blocked by around fifty suited figures. Riley, Sam, and Eve took their stances in front of me and Hunter's body. I looked around for Tobey and Brittany. They were gone.

I stood up and moved in front of them exposing myself to the guns the figures had. All of the figures were covered in black and had the same goggles the others had that invaded my house. I stuck my chin up in the air and smiled.

"Come to join the party?" I said. Hundreds of bullets shot at me. A force came out of my hands and stopped all of the bullets. They all froze in the air. I put my chin down and watched as they continued to shoot at me.

Their guns clicked showing they ran out of bullets. I dropped the force and let all of the bullets fall to the ground. I looked at each figure. I smiled.

"We can do this the easy way," I said, "or the hard way. I prefer the hard way since it's a lot more fun." I could feel the fear that was in front and behind me. I wasn't afraid at all. This was like a little game for me.

A net came shooting out of the sky. I let it fall on my head. "Honestly?" I said mocking them.

I shot a force out of my body and the net turned to ash. The men dropped all of their weapons. "Easy way?" I said. "I thought I told you I like the hard way. I guess I'm going to have to make this hard then."

I shot my hands up at them and the front row of them lifted into the air. They began twisting. I spun my hands around and quickly pointed my hands at the people on the ground. The people in the air went spiraling at the people on the ground and they all collapsed. The area was clear and I turned back towards the others.

"Grab him." I said pointing to Hunter. Riley picked him up in his arms.

I took the vile from my pocket and looked at it. We walked out of the vault and stood in the hallway. I looked at the visitors that stood in front of me.

My body began to tingle and shake. I couldn't feel my body but, I could feel the pain. I collapsed to the ground with the vile.