‹ Prequel: Move

Run

More News

Image
I looked at the two men that were counting on me. "Should we go now?"

Riley nodded. Sam looked at him and frowned. "Just, please, do not pick me up from my shirt. It hurts." He said rubbing his armpits. I grinned. It was somewhat humorous.

Riley looked at me and unfolded his arms. "How do you suppose we do this?"

I shrugged. "I can run us there. It's faster and I don't have to turn invisible and feel queasy."

Riley sighed. "Alright speedster, let's go." He walked over to me and took my hand. Sam looked at our clasped hands. He didn't say a word.

"You can just hold onto my shoulder if you want. You might fall off though." I said with a grin. I heard Riley chuckle.

Sam began walking towards me. "I'll just hold onto your arm." I held my arm out for him and he grabbed my wrist firmly. It felt like an iron clasp. Sam may not have had strength but, his grip was pretty strong.

"Ready boys?" I said turnign towards both of them. Riley gave me a crooked smile. Sam shrugged.

We began walking and then we were off. Their grip was tight. It felt good to run again. I just couldn't run through town. I took a detour through the storage area and into the woods. The woods would lead right to my house. Everything was connected.

The wind rushed past my face and my feet pushed me eagerly forward. I looked at Sam and saw his eyes close. They didn't have to do any work. My power would just tell their feet to move. They wouldn't even feel it. I didn't even feel it.

I ran into a clearing and stopped. We were at my house and it was clear. No one was around it and my senses told me no one was in it. I began walking towards it. We were in the back.

I walked around to the front and stood there. Riley and Sam stood behind me. I felt their eyes land on me. I just kept staring at the house trying to listen for danger. I walked a few feet closer. My ears picked up a ticking. A bomb? Or a trap? I listened closer and every few seconds there was a tick. Not a bomb. It was a camera that would show when we would be inside. I turned around to the boys.

"They put in a surveillance camera. If we are going to get in, we have to climb to the top window." I said.

Riley nodded. Sam shrugged and looked confused. "How do we do that?"

Riley laughed. "You obviously haven't read all about us."

I smirked and turned back towards the house. My feet pushed me to run towards the house. I leaped onto the house and began climbing up the side. My fingers and toes quickly scaled the wall and I reached the roof. I looked back down at them.

"Not so hard as it looks." I yelled down.

Riley folded his arms and looked up at me with pure excitement. I don't think he's ever seen me climb. Sam's mouth was open and he was trying to look at me past the sun.

I walked across the roof to my bedroom window. My fingers inched underneath the windowsill and I lifted the window up. I jumped inside and looked around. They didn't do anything to my room. It was the same way I left it.

My legs inched me towards my closet. I was still alert of what they might have done. My senses didn't pick up anything. I opened my closet door and looked inside. Nothing but clothes. I took out a black shirt and a my black motorcycle jacket I hardly ever wore. I didn't have a motorcycle but, I was waiting to wear it for a special occasion like this.

I took my white shirt off and replaced it with the black one. I slipped the jacket on and went over to the mirror. I looked just as dangerous as I had when I fought Edward and his army. I grabbed Riley's peacoat for him, knowing he'd want it.

I took the motorcycle jacket off and crinkled my nose. I looked odd. Instead, I went back to the closet and grabbed my own black peacoat. Riley's was similar except his was meant for men and mine for women. I slipped it on.

I moved back over to the mirror and opened one of the drawers from the desk. The five guns that were used to kill Edward's army sat inside. I took all of them and stuffed two into my jacket pocket. I went to the window and threw down the other three to Riley. They spun through the air and Riley's arm shot up and caught all three. He handed two to Sam. I figured Sam would need them since he didn't have a power that could kill.

My feet pushed me out of my room and into the room that contained all of my valuable weapons. I hadn't gone in that room since our last war.

"Hello again." I said standing in the doorway. I walked over to my prized wall and looked at the most effective weapons I had. I took a Uzi and a minigun. I also took several more berettas. I looked at the minigun and shrugged. It wasn't that important to use. That was for a serious war between someone who was human and people like me. Humans needed it more than I did. I put the Uzi back too thinking over the facts. I still took the three more berettas I took. I walked out of the room and placed one of the guns in the back of my jeans. Just incase something happened.

I went back into my room, took Riley's jacket, and climbed out of the window. My hands and feet helped me slide down the side of my house. I touched ground and walked towards the two men. Riley's arms were still folded and he smiled at me as I handed him my coat.

"Do you read minds now too?" He asked.

I squinted in the sun. "We just think alike." I handed Sam another gun and gave Riley the other.

Riley and I both turned towards Sam. "You do know how to use a gun, right?" I asked.

He frowned. "Just because I don't have powers like you doesn't mean I haven't killed before."

I nodded. "Do you have anymore powers, Sam?" I asked satring into the deep blue eyes. He shrugged.

"I do have one more. It isn't that helpful." He said.

I looked away from him, towards the woods. "Anything that you have will be useful to us right now."

"Okay, promise you don't laugh or make fun of me?" He asked like a little boy. I nodded still squinting. I crinkled my nose. Sam sighed. "I have animal mimicry." I stopped squinting.

"Why didn't you tell us? That is extremely useful. Plus, that is exactly like a power we have." I complained loudly. Riley unfolded his arms and stared at him.

"I didn't want to say anything because I thought you thought that I was a creep." He said.

I giggled. "We're all creeps, Sam. Your powers are extremely useful to use. You can control technology and you have powers of certain animals. You could've climbed my house just like a spider. You could've ran here yourself like a cheetah. You even could have bit yourself out of those cords."

Sam looked down at the ground. His sandy brown hair was still all messy. "I don't like to use my power." He paused and looked up at me. "Once I start using the animal abilities, I can't stop. It's hard to resist."

I walked up to him and laid my hands on his shoulders. "Right now, Sam, you have to let that inner beast out and you have to help us survive. You're not just a technopath. You are an animal inside and that's what we need right now. No more of the clueless Sam we have been seeing." I released my hands and stepped back a little. His eyes darted to mine and I saw it in him.

The blue eyes were now black. They weren't completely black. In the center there was a speck of blue. that was the only part of Sam I knew. His entire face was turned into a predator. Sam's eyebrows creased and he was frowning. I immediately saw the animal. He didn't look like he was going to hurt either of us. It looked like he was searching for revenge. Revenge of the people that forced him away from Bria. The people that had the secrets of us that we didn't know about.

Sam looked over at Riley. Riley unfolded his arms and looked at him sternly. "Well done, Alyssa." Riley said without looking away from Sam.

Sam looked at me. "Let's go kill those bastards."