Status: All done. Check out Baby, Just Close Your Eyes; the sequel though :)

This Is the World We Left for Dreamers and Believers

And I swear to God

I watched the lights of the passing cars. The highway at night always made me remember those family vacations we use to take. Use to being the key word. Those were days. Everyone except John and I were asleep in the backseat. Normally, Tim would be the one driving but mister has to be different chose the sketchiest place in Downtown North Dakota and now had Food Poisoning. John and I hadn’t talked since the morning before, the silence made me want to rip my eyes out. My savior, my phone vibrated in the cup holder. The clock glowed 3:07 am. What the hell? I flipped it open, the small envelope moved up and down the screen announcing the arrival of a new text. The small black lettering above it read Quinn.

>Hey baby girl. You awake?

>Yeah! I’m on tour! We’re coming to Florida in like two weeks!

I sent it and sat back. The silence didn’t seem as bad now that I had my best friend talking to me. It’d been too long. As much as friends promise to stay in contact moving to a different state was more than likely going to tear any friendship apart. The soft fleece of my purple blanket tickled my leg, I grabbed it and laid it across my lap.

“Are you cold?” John asked reaching for the knobs. I slapped his hand away.

“No. Everyone else is fine. I got this.” I said putting my phone back in the cup holder. It vibrated seconds later. John’s face scrunched into a scowl.

>AIM? Now.

I laughed and opened the Mobile IM app.

Sleepingwthenemy has sent a new message.

>Who are you on tour with hoe?

>The Maine, ARTTM, Racing Kites, and HTL.

He was going to flip when he read it.

>No syke? Dude, I’m too jealous.

>Yeah.

>What’s wrong?

I shook my head. That was thing about best friends. They always knew when something was wrong.

>Just a person….

>Let me guess. John?

I blushed and looked over at the man who was concentrating on the road. He caught me and smiled, cute and tired. Damn. I looked away and replied. So yeah, maybe I knew the band more than I had let on. Erin had pictures on her walls. It wasn’t hard to notice how cute each of them were. John especially caught the eyes of every girl he’d ever come into contact with. Shy and Geeky yet cool. It was sexy without a doubt.

>Yeah, it’s nothing though. Me and Kenny are pretty cool. He’s my new best friend! Lol. JK. Garrets a cutie. Jared is well….Jared. Pat’s a puppy. Ya know? The usual.

>Lol. Pat. Yes. What about other boy crush?

>Preston? He’s a shy and adorable. We went to grab a bite earlier. He was fun.

>Get some!

I laughed now enough to disturb John who was already agitated at the drivers on the road.

“Why do you keep laughing?! Who are you even talking to at three am?!” John finally snapped.

“Bestest friend Quinn! Duh.”

“You get signal? I’ve got shit here.” He said showing the Iphone that was suppose to get service everywhere.

“AT&T fails boo. I’m workin with Verizon baby boy!”

“I’m so getting Blackberry.” He mumbled. I shook my head still smiling and replied.

>Haha. No. I’m no groupie darlin.

>Mhm. We’ll see. Three months on tour with all that? I give it two weeks before your in someone’s pants.

>Jared’s girlfriend, Daray is pretty chillax.

>Way to avoid the question. Dude, he’s got pics all over the Myspazz. She’s freakin gorgeous!

>Haha. Aww. I’ll tell her you think so!

>Don’t. You. Dare. Best friend not cool.

>Oh well. I’m still going to tell. Isn’t it like four there?

>Oh….shit. I have work today. I have to go! I love you!

I shook my head at his forgetfulness. I swear if he didn’t work for his dad kid would be jobless.

>Night! Go do work! We need to talk though. I need helps!

>Will baby girl. Tomorrow! I promise. Night!

Sleepingwthenemy has signed off.

I sighed and closed the phone.

“So you like tour?” John asked, breaking the silence.

“We’re a show in. I love the people I’m with. I get to see the whole US and my best friend in two weeks. Yeah, I love tour.” He smiled, pushing his hair out of his face leaving the splinted hand on the wheel.

“Whatever happened for real?” I asked pointing the arm that remained on the wheel. He blushed.

“I fell down some stairs at a venue.” I bit my lip to suppress the laughter that was building in my throat.

“Were you sober when said incident occurred?”

“Moderately.” I finally let the laugh out.

“Moderately sober? Seriously, you of all people? The Alex G. of The Maine? Moderately sober?” He glared. Finally smiling when I stuck my tongue out at him.

“I haven’t drank and drop all night!”

“Whoop, whoop!” He rolled his eyes. A small yawn escaping his mouth. That perfect mouth. Fuck I’m on over my head.

“You want me to drive?”

“Err, Uhm. Sure, why not? You have your license right?” I pulled the slick white card out of the front of my book bag and slipped it into the pocket of my hoodie. He slowly pulled over and got out. I followed suit climbing into the drivers seat. He grabbed my blanket and curled up in the seat. His eyes closed and the innocent John was back. He was like crack. Once you had him once you couldn’t let go.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, huge filler! I'm going to try to get the other chapter up this week. Here's Quinn. He's play a role in the story so don't forget that handsome face :] I find this pic un-naturally adorable. Image

Title cred- Sparks The Rescue