Status: All done. Check out Baby, Just Close Your Eyes; the sequel though :)

This Is the World We Left for Dreamers and Believers

Can't stop me from believing.

I bounced excitedly in my seat. Kennedy’s hand came down on my shoulder.

“Calm down.”

“Tim, are we there yet?!” Tim groaned in the drivers seat.

“That’s the 80th time you’ve asked in the past hour. No! We’re not there yet.”

“You lie!” I yelled pointing my finger out the tinted windows. Jared’s house was on the other side of the plait glass.

“Later guys. Bye, Bella.” Jared said grabbing his bags.

“Get real. I’ll be at your house 30 minutes after I get home.” I said rolling my eyes. He laughed.

“You’re always welcome. See ya later.” He said slamming the door and running up the sidewalk into his house.

“How come his house?” Kennedy asked.

“Cause he’s a cool kid. Duh.” I said leaning back and watched Arizona speed past our windows.

The van stopped outside of the Kirch house. Parents were gathered outside on the front lawn. Kali pushed through the others and ran to the door. Garret scooped her up and tickled her tummy and squealed before throwing her arms around his neck. I smiled and slid past the two and stood on the sidewalk. The I-Phone John had nicely returned to me vibrated in my back pocket. Nate’s name was on the screen. I clicked the screen and opened the picture message. It was shot of Nate and I on the swings at that park we were smiling. The bottom read “this is my background and I miss you already” I aw’ed. Kali attached herself to my legs. I smiled and slipped the phone into my back pocket.

“I missed you sissy!” She chimed. I picked her up and hugged her tightly.

“I missed you too runt. Where’s mommy and daddy?” She pointed behind her. My father walked up slowly, dark circles rimmed his eyes.

“Your mom left for Vegas three weeks ago. We haven’t heard anything from her since. She’s gone.” He said carefully lifting Kali.

“Why didn’t you call?” I asked staring at him.

“I had it under control. I haven’t drank an ounce. Come home. We’ll talk.” I stared at him a second and then nodded.

“I’ll be right there.” I said putting my bags down and walking over to John who was talking to his family. I poked his side. He looked down quickly and smiled.

“What’s up?”

“I have to go. Later.” I said holding my arms out. His eyes narrowed for a second. He’d noticed the troubled look on my face seconds after I’d spoken.

“I’ll call you. We’ll talk.” He said quietly.

“Not necessary. I’ll call if I need someone. Alright?” He nodded. I ran over to the others and told them bye before yanking my stuff off the sidewalk and climbed into the car.

Once home we sat down on the couch where he explained everything that happened from the time I left until three weeks ago when she announced a surprise business trip and left for Nevada. No phone calls, letters, or even mail for that matter in her name had come to the house since. I couldn’t count how many times he said sorry for everything that they’d put me through and he promised he was clean for good and he could take care of Kali by himself. I told him about my adventures across the great USA, the Canada tour, and boxEIGHT. I’d never seen him so smile when I told him all my dreams were coming true. An hour later I sat on my bed staring at the ceiling. Homecoming was suppose to be one of the greatest days ever. Now, it was a mess. I sighed. My dad walked into the room and stopped.

“Kali and I are moving back to Florida. My mom’s there to help me out. Your welcome to stay in the house. We paid a full year on it so you’ll be good for a couple more months.” He said. I looked at him.

“I have to stay. The company’s in California, the guys are here. I’m going to miss you both a lot though.” I muttered standing up. He nodded. I walked past him and down the stairs until I was outside. I looked around. I hated this place when I first got here and in certain aspects I still did but it had gotten me so far. This was the best, worst mistake of my life. I looked down the road. Jared’s house looked comforting enough. I pulled out my phone and dialed his number.

“Hello?” Jared answered yawning.

“Did I wake you?” I asked quietly.

“Kind of. It’s okay. What’s wrong?” He asked, his tone sharpening.

“Can I come over?”

“Of course.” He said quickly. I pressed end and shoved the phone back in my pocket and slowly made my way to his house. He was on the front porch waiting for me when I got there, he pulled me into a hug within seconds of me getting up the steps.

“Can we go back out on tour now? Everything is too complicated here.” I said into his chest. He laughed quietly and stroked my hair.

“Let’s start by going inside so we can talk.” He said opening the front door and leading me upstairs to his room where we laid down and cuddled while I explained to him everything that I had just found out. He was silent for a while; contemplating everything I had said.

“I don’t know how it all happened, Jared. They were good. It was me and the others who didn’t get along well.” I said playing with the blanket that was thrown over us.

“People hide these things well. He sounds sincere though.”

“My grandma will move in with them. She’s seen what he can do drunk. She’ll worry too much. I’ll worry too much.” His fingers traced my spine.

“Annabelle….I know this isn’t the best time but can I ask you a question?”

“Sure, Jared. What’s up?” I asked leaning on my elbow. He smiled shyly.

“Go out with me?” I stared at him astounded. “I know you and John have that cat and mouse thing going on but he has the worst commitment issues I’ve ever seen and I can give you the world.” He quickly added. I smiled at him. As much as I hated to admit it; he was right. John hadn’t made any move the whole entire time we’d known each other to make anything more than what we had. I couldn’t wait forever.

“Yeah. Yes, Jared. I’ll go out with you. Dork.” I said ruffling his hair. He grinned and pulled me back down, pulling me closer. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the moment.

You had to take the good with the bad. So, Jared was second best. I couldn’t let that ever show though. He was an amazing, sweet guy and if having that meant giving up my feeling for his best friend than I’d do it in a heartbeat.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sequel

Yep. This is the last chapter. DON'T FREAK OUT THOUGH! See that link? Yeah. Click it. The other night I got this brilliant idea and because if I tryed to draw this out then it'd just get bad so were moving on and I already have half the first chapter written! Not even gonna lie, i'm stoked for the sequel. I like where its already going so I hope that at least- if not all subscribe to that now so you don't miss the first chapter :)

Annabelle

Title cred- Racing Kites