Do It By Hand

What Gets You Off

I was laying under Cody, on his couch. We were previously watching movies, and he fell asleep. And was using my chest as a pillow, he was peaceful in his sleep. So I decided not to disturb him, although my mind kept wandering. Conor an I were supposed to go out tonight. He made it seem as though we were simple. But at this point, I couldn't tell what we were. We had talked about our relationship views, Conor, at almost 30 had no intention of settling down, and couldn't stand to be in one place for more that half a year. I, at 20 had intentions of settling down some day. I wanted children, houses, the works; but I intended to work for those things as well. So I guess what was starting to prick at the back of my mind was, am I just a girl to visit? Am I just there when he starts to get lonely, and he happens to be near home? Cody shifted, and wrapped his arms around my hips. I sighed, almost wishing that it was Conor who was using my chest as a pillow. But then that pricking at the back of my mind began. I've never been one to let a man get the best of me, or the worst rather. My phone began to vibrate on the side table, I looked at the I.D. without disturbing Cody. Speak of the devil,

"Hello." I whispered.

"Why are you whispering?" he whispered from the other end.

"Because my friend is sleeping."

"Oh, do you think it'd be possible to postpone tonight? A raincheck?" he asked in full voice. I mentally sighed, he was letting the pricking go from the back of my mind to the side.

"Sure." I said nonchalantly.

"Are you sure?" he asked, sounding a little surprised.

"Yeah, Cody wanted to hang out anyway." I smirked to myself. Despite myself not really caring, I cared at the same time. Enough to put a pricking in the the back of his mind.

"Oh." he sighed. There was an awkward silence for maybe 2 minutes.

"Lola,-" Cody then awoke, looking up at me grinning. And tightening his grip around my hips.

"Hey sunshine." I mouthed, Cody's eyes were like chocolate as well. But it was a different potency that what Conor's were. But it was enough to distract me at the moment.

"Lola?"

"Yeah, sorry." I said zoning back to Conor.

"I'll call you later." he sighed on the other end.

"That's fine." I had remembered to let the indifference stay in my tone. I hung up, Cody was still looking at me.

"Who was that?" he yawned sitting up.

"A person." I smirked.

"Like a person, that you have plans with tonight?" he grinned.

"Well, not any more. So what had you wanted to do?" I said sighing and turning to him.

"Go see a movie? Bowling?" he said getting up and stretching.

"That's fine." I said zoning out again, letting my mind wander to a person. A figment rather.
---------------------------------------------------------

I sat in my car bobbing my head to my background music. It happened to be Gnarls Barkley, I was waiting for Gordan. His car, or trash can rather wasn't working. I soon then had a person next to my window. It was Conor, my heart skipped, but I then remembered my indifference.

"Roll down the window." he said muffled through the class. I did so,

"Hey." he smiled with a wave.

"Sup." I said with a nod.

"What are you doing tonight?"

"Homework." I lied.

"Lola." he said giving me that look. Those ones that guys can somehow make you feel guilty for lying. It's like they know you're lying. When in all reality, they don't, but then again this is Conor. The man who found out where I lived after 24 hours of me knowing him.

"What?"

"Let me take you out." he said leaning down to rest his arms on my window seal.

"I'll think about it." I smirked, as Gordan happened to hop into my car.

"I thought you said I could have a rain check." He murmured leaning closer. I just gave him a look, hopefully kind of like the one he gave me. The kind that says 'you know why'. He sighed, and straightened himself. Gordan blew him a kiss and smiled.

"Call me!" he shouted leaning out the window as I pulled away. I saw Conor shake his head in my rearview. Then start back to where his friends were standing.

"What was that about?" Gordan asked as I turned the music back up.

"He didn't call me 2 weeks, then comes back into town. And then wants my time." I said plainly.

"Oh, well, I mean he's like Conor Oberst. What can you expect?" he said, adjusting his sunglasses.

"More." I grinned, as Gordan started laughing.
♠ ♠ ♠
ummmm, I'm sorry if this is confusing.
It'll pan out I promise.