Sequel: Save Me.

Hollow Crown.

It's drowning out my senses.

Sam, the eldest of the Carter children, was sat, clad only in boxers, at the island in the kitchen of the flat he shared with his younger sister and one of his band mates Ali Dean. Ali had been one of Sam’s best friends for years and got on equally as well with Georgia making them living together relatively easy.

Sam mumbled a ‘good morning’ to Ali as he sat across from him, grabbing a bowl from the sink, rinsing it and filling it with the cereal from the box Sam had left on the counter. Ali had at least made the effort of putting a t-shirt on, not that anyone would really care.

The front door to the flat was flung open to reveal the Sykes brothers, dressed and ready for the day ahead. Thomas even had his camera in his hand. Mimicking Ali’s actions, the boys each took there own bowls and helped themselves to the last of the cereal.

“Georgia,” Sam yelled through the flat. “We need more cereal”

His demands where followed by a loud ‘fuck you’.

The room was quiet while the four males ate. Usually you could never get them to shut up or sit still, but that all changed as soon as food had been added to the equation.

Georgia entered the room, a large Drop Dead vest and underwear being the only thing that was covering very little of her small frame, searching for something. Oliver’s eyes could focus on nothing else except the flustered beauty that was until Sam had leant over the counter and punched him in the shoulder. There was something about the way that she looked in the clothes that he had designed that made her even more attractive than usual. Thomas and Ali laughed quietly when Oliver whipped away the milk that had dribbled onto his chin.

“Are you coming to the Aquarium with us today?” Thomas asked Georgia. He had been dying to go to the aquarium for weeks now to get new pictures for his portfolio. Much to the rest of the boy’s dismay, they were being dragged along too.

“Sorry love I can’t. I need to work then go buy groceries seeing as no one else will” she said irritably, still unable to find the item she so desperately needed.

“See, that’s the reason you live with us” Sam smiled, putting his bowl in the sink and kissing Georgia’s forehead before disappearing out the room.

“I’d help, its just we have practice tonight” Ali said sincerely. Georgia huffed, continuing to look through the stacks of magazines on the kitchen worktop.

“I’ll go shopping with you” Oliver offered. He didn’t care if the had to go to the moon, he just wanted to spend some time with her. Prove he was not a total dickhead.

Georgia froze after picking up the hair pin she was looking for. None of the boys had ever offered to help her with the shopping before. Not even Thomas.
“That would be nice” she smiled, walking back out of the room, leaving Oliver with a shit eating grin on his face.

“Get yer coat mate, you’ve pulled” Ali joked, slapping Oliver on the back then following the youngest Carter out of the room.

*****

The car journey to the local supermarket was not as awkward as Georgia had previously anticipated. Oliver had picked her up from work seeing as Sam had borrowed her car for the day. He had made the effort not to be too overbearing with conversation like he usually was, talking a hundred words a second. Instead he had asked her how she was, how her day had been, simple questions in which he seamed to be interested in the answer to.

Georgia had left Oliver at the front of the store to pose for pictures with some fans, while she made a start to the shopping, god forbid she miss something out from the poorly written list provided by her brother.

The cart that Georgia was pushing had been filling up gradually with, according to her, enough food to feed an army, making it heavier to push around. As if he had been sent by the gods of the supermarket, Oliver appeared and insisted on pushing the cart for her.

Oliver walked slowly behind Georgia, taking in every detail of her being that his brain would let him. He was mesmerized by every little thing she did.

All too soon, the pair had paid for the ridiculous amount of food, loaded the car and had made the short journey back to the flat. They had had a small argument over who was carrying what, but nothing to major.

Georgia almost screamed when she entered the flat. Sam, Ali and the rest of the band, twins Tom and Dan Searle and Tim HB, were spread out across the living room having, what looked like, a guitar hero tournament.

“Fuck you guys,” Georgia yelled causing a complete stand still in the living room. The boy’s had only ever seen her mad a handful of times, but those were times they had never wanted to go back to.

Georgia dropped her carrier bags at the door and stormed to her room. She had only just threw her shoes to the corner of the room and fallen face down onto her unmade bed when there was a soft knock at the door.

Oliver entered Georgia’s room with as much hesitance as he would if he was entering a dragon’s lair. He slowly made his way to the side of her bed, sitting down and resting his hand gently on her back in a comforting gesture.

“I think you should let me take you out tonight, you know, to get your mind off of your brother” Oliver spoke quietly. Never before had he been so terrified of asking a woman out before. He had ever right to be. There was a ninety nine percent chance that she would say no, just like every other time he had asked her.

“I think I should” Georgia mumbled into her pillow, a slight smile tugging at her lips. Oliver never said anything. He was just ecstatic that she had agreed.

“Come get me at eight” Georgia said softly. She sat up, kissing Oliver’s cheek and making her way to the bathroom.

Maybe a night out with Oliver would be nice. After the way he had been today, Georgia hated to admit, that maybe he wasn’t as bad as she had first thought.