Sequel: Save Me.

Hollow Crown.

As the sea breeze hits my lungs,

It takes me back to where I belong

A thumping in Georgia’s head is what woke her up on the morning that tour was over. Her body ached, her face was swollen and she was sure she looked no better than a member of the living dead. Opening her eyes slowly to the blinding light, she was met with the sullen face of her brother. Groaning, she reached her hands up to her face in attempt to wash away the sleepy feeling she had.

“He’s heartbroken Gee” Sam said blankly. Oliver had returned to his hotel room last night and went straight to bed. Sam had made everyone go back to their own rooms so he and Thomas were the only people that had witnessed the state that Oliver had been in. The arrogant arsehole that was visible in every picture of him on the internet had become lost in a mixture of tears and self loathing.

“Fuck off Sam” Georgia mumbled, her throat scratching from the fact that she had cried all night herself. She didn’t want to hear about how upset Oliver was as she already knew, she had heard his angered sobs through the wall and she was going through it all herself

“You’re going to regret it” Sam mumbled, staring at his sister’s pretty face as it contorted into one of confusion. He could see in her eyes that she knew he was telling the truth. The entire time they had been in Europe the pair had been miserable without each other. At least if they had never gotten together in the first place, they would have carried on blissfully unaware of what they were missing out on. Instead they both had to deal with the empty hole left in their heart when the other was gone.

Georgia never said anything as she removed herself from the bed, picking up her dress and underwear that she had lying out on the floor, and locking herself in the bathroom. Looking at herself in the mirror she cringed. Her hair was all over the place, her make up smeared down her face.

“You can’t run from this Georgia” Sam yelled through the door. Georgia tried to ignore him, focusing instead on getting dressed, smoothing down her bird’s nest of a hairdo and fixing her face.

“You love him and he loves you, you can’t ignore that” Sam rested his head on the wooden door, his hands running through his long hair. He was as determined as Thomas to fix the entire situation, wanting the couple to be together. He was sure Thomas was somewhere with Oliver trying to convince him to talk to Georgia again.

“He’s not Layla or Paige” Sam yelled, hitting his fists off the wall, finally fed up with being ignored. His heart stopped when Georgia opened the door, dressed and done up, staring at him with an unreadable expression on her face. Georgia had always been one of those people that you wouldn’t expect to be terrifying but as soon as they let go you where proven to be one hundred percent wrong. This was definitely the calm before the storm.

“What the fuck Sam?” Georgia yelled in her brother’s face. Her body shook slightly with anger that had been built up over the last couple of months. Anger from Oliver, Thomas, Sarah, Tour, every little thing that had irritated her was finally over flowing, and as usual, was being directed at the wrong person.

“How fucking dare you!” Sam backed away from her small body as she continued to yell at him, holding his hands up in case she went to hit him. “I’m not an idiot; I know he wouldn’t hurt me like tha…”

“Well why aren’t you with him then?” Sam yelled over her causing her to stop mid sentence, an eerier silence filling the room as they stood staring at each other trying to work out what was going on in the others mind.

“He won’t hurt you” Sam said quietly, making his way slowly towards Georgia, placing his hands gently on her shoulders as her eyes that were now fixed to the floor, her mind racing.

Layla and her little follower Paige had been Georgia’s best friends throughout primary school and half way through high school. The three had always been inseparable, doing everything together. Mrs. Carter would call them The Three Musketeers. That fairy story ended in tears, all from Georgia. They used her to get to Sam and his friends, never really caring about how much the hurt the youngest Carter, as long as they got what they wanted in the end. Georgia cut herself off from people after that, never really being able to trust anyone fully again, never able to have a proper relationship. Trust was always a hard thing to win.

Oliver wasn’t like them. He loved her; well at least Georgia thought he did. Sure they never got on in the beginning but he had tried everything to prove how much she meant to him. Persistence was something Oliver was well known for, but even he wouldn’t do ridiculously romantic things for just a quick fuck or spend as much time bugging her to take notice of him as he did.

“I need to find him” Georgia mumbled, tearing away from Sam and pulling on her sandals from the floor. Checking the clock located above the TV, she mumbled a quiet ‘fuck’ as it was 11:30 and the vans would be being loaded up for the trip to the airport. A smile on her face when she heard Sam shouting ‘That’s my girl’ as she took off down the corridor of the hotel. Opting for the stairs over the elevator had proven to be a bad choice as people would not be sympathetic to the fact that she was in a rush.

By the time she had reached the foyer and got outside to the parking lot her breathing had become laboured, her feet aching from the little protection her sandals offered, her hair everywhere again. Her heart sank in her chest when the second white van pulled out of the lot, following behind the first, Thomas, Ali and Curtis standing back to wave it off.

“Ya ‘lright there love?” Curtis chuckled watching as Georgia wobbled slowly over to them, his laughter stopping when he caught sight of the tears on her face, her heaving chest as she struggled to breathe normally. “S’rong Gee?” he asked pulling the small women into his arms.

“”He’s gone”

*****

The airport was packed, people running around as if there were fire chasing them. Oliver sighed, stirring the coffee in the cardboard cup in front of him, his eyes wandering ever so often, landing on different women who were making their way to wherever it was they were going, each bringing him back to Georgia’s image in his mind as he compared them to each other, Georgia always winning of course. He doubted that he would ever find anyone he could love as much as her.

“Oliver?” He knew that voice anywhere and even not seeing her pretty face, it still made his insides twist around with excitement. “Oli can we talk please?” He turned around slowly, not entirely sure wither he was daydreaming or not, his eyes meeting her bloodshot ones. His heart sank as he looked into her eyes, realising how upset she was and the fact that he wasn’t there to make it better.

“I thought ye said all ye had to say last night?” Oliver cringed at the sound of his own voice. He hadn’t meant to sound as harsh as he had, although he was somewhat angry of the fact she would only talk when she wanted to.

“Oli, please. I’m sorry, right?” she pleaded, tears filling her eyes once again as she looked him over. Of course he had to be wearing the stupid Drop Dead umbrella top she loved on him, able to see the majority of his chest piece and the ones decorating his arms. She smiled softly remembering when she got the outline of her chest piece done and Oliver insisted on colouring it in a different way each time he seen her. He was devastated when she got it filled in.

“Sorry ‘bout what exactly?” his eyes wandered across her face, it was still slightly swollen from her crying., before travelling down her body, inwardly groaning when he realised she was wear the white dress thing he liked so much.

“Everything!” she cried throwing her arms around her head causing half of the people sat in the little restaurant of the airport to stare at them, neither of them seemed to care to much, when you have as many tattoos as each of them you get used to people staring.

“I want to go back to the way we used to be. I don’t want to be alone anymore” she said quietly, her eyes finally relieving themselves of tears for the millionth time of the day. “I just want to be Oliver and Georgia again”

Oliver stood up and wrapped his arms around her shaking frame. She instantly attached herself to him, burying her face into his chest and inhaling his scent, both holding onto each other for dear life. Oliver kissed the top of her head a couple of times before pushing her away from him gently, holding her at arms length.

“I love you Georgia Carter” he smiled at her, whipping the tears from her face. She smiled whispering it back to him.

“Can we go home now?” Oliver chuckled at her, taking her hand in his and abandoning his coffee. Kissing her forehead again he led her through the airport in search of their friends, complete again but this time without any doubts. If they could survive their second European tour with this much drama surely they could survive through anything. Couldn’t they?
♠ ♠ ♠
I would like to thank everyone who has read/commented/subscribed this.
And admit that I'm a bit gutted it's done 'cause I've loved writting it.

Sequel baby Save Me.
The first one should be out at the weekend.
x