Sequel: Save Me.

Hollow Crown.

The one you once looked up to has fallen into dust

Bring Me the Horizon were sat at a picnic table in the middle of a field in the German countryside where Sucks and Summer Fest was being held that year. Everyone was rather quiet, only having brief conversations about their set later on in the day, as they enjoyed there first cooked meal in the last couple of days and the summer heat wave. It was only eleven o’clock in the morning and it was already 45 degrees.

Oliver was starting to worry about where the other van was. He didn’t want to leave them at the hotel in Scotland but everyone was set on being in Germany on time and Tim and Dan had assured them that they would be fine. He had missed Georgia for the last couple of days.

Thomas made his way over to the table, shoving Oliver over so he had somewhere to sit. He drank his coffee while he looked through his camera at the photos he had taken over the last few weeks, live show pictures, after show pictures, landscapes from the different countries they had been in, fans, stupid pictures he had got of everyone on the tour. His brows furrowed when he stopped on one of Georgia and Tom. It must have been taken after one of the shows as they were standing outside hugging, Georgia inside Tom’s jumper with him. Thomas wasn’t sure wither to show Oliver or not. The loud, excited, slightly posh, southern English accents making there way towards the table was enough to make him rethink about it at the moment.

Everyone sat at the table laughed softly at the look on Oliver’s face when he spotted team Architects, complete with plates of food, making their way towards the table. Upon seeing Georgia his face feel to that of a child on Christmas morning when they first see their pile of presents.

The group shared hugs as space was made for everyone to sit around the table. It may have been uncomfortable but no one seemed to mind. Oliver’s heart sunk slightly when Georgia sat next to Tom across the table from him. He had waited days to see her and she would rather sit next to the guy she had just spent umpteen hours squashed in a car with.

Georgia noticed Oliver’s distance at the table. He had hardly put any effort into a conversation with anyone and only mumbled a goodbye as Bring Me the Horizon left to do their sound check.

“Is he okay?” Ali asked Thomas. He nodded his head shooting a look to Georgia signaling that they needed to talk.

“Okay Sam, so where are we?” Tim asked pointing the digital camera, which usually Ali had, in his face.

“We’re at Sucks and Summer,” he replied shoveling chips into his mouth causing Georgia to giggle at him. Dan watched his twins face light up at Georgia’s actions. After a quick glance around the table he realized he was the only one who had seen.

“Are you sucking in the summer?” Tim asked still with the camera pointed at Sam.

“I’m sucking on a fucking chip”

*****

Oliver was sitting at the side of the stage on one of those small plastic chairs that you get in schools, his right foot tapping against the wooden floor as he watched Georgia and Tom messing about with the equipment about ten feet from him. All he wanted to do was stand up and yell about how he should be the only one aloud to make her laugh like that, an uncontrollable laugh that lights up the room.

“Gee you and Tom should sing your song for the camera” Ali yelled over the noise that everyone was making. But that statement seemed to make everyone shut up.

Georgia looked like a deer caught in headlights. She had never been one for attention. Even when someone complements her on her looks she gets all shy. Oliver loved that about her, how she was to modest to admit how talented and beautiful she was.

“Yeah, there’s a guitar in the van” Sam said, dragging his protesting sister over to the car park.

As if it had been planed out by Sam and Ali, and it most likely had been, everyone on the tour had gathered around the BMTH van waiting for Tom and Georgia to entertain them.

Georgia felt sick, literally. Her heart was beating a million miles a second in her chest. All her eyes could focus on was Oliver’s sullen face. She hadn’t seen him smile since they were in the UK and she was starting to really worry about him. She missed his constant presence around her even though she’d never say it aloud.

I know I said I love you but I'm thinking I was wrong,
I'm the first to admit that I'm still pretty young,
And I never meant to hurt you when I wrote you ten love songs.

That guy that I could never get, 'cause his girlfriend was pretty fit,
And everyone who knew her loved her so.
And I made you leave her for me and now I'm feeling pretty mean,
But my mind has fucked me over more times than any man could ever know.

Maybe I should give up, give in,
Give up trying to be thin,
Give up and turn into my mother,
God knows I love her.


Oliver watched as Georgia sang, her eyes avoiding everything apart from Tom making his heart sink even more. Every time he looked for her she was with Tom, anytime he tried to speak with her she was with Tom and now they were writing songs together. Oliver was starting to lose hope altogether. He couldn’t even make it the whole way through the song. Walking away from the group the only thing going through his mind was that if she could find someone else what was stopping him?

And I'm sorry to whichever man should meet my sorry state,
Watch my sturdy, lonesome gait and beware,
I will never love a man 'cause love and pain go hand in hand,
And I can't do it,
Again.

So we stayed up late one night to try and get our problems right,
But I couldn't get into his head just what was going through my mind.
And I think he knew where I was going 'cause he put Ryan Adams on,
'cause I think he thinks it makes me weak, but it only ever makes me strong.

I've got this friend who sounds just like him,
Now he's the man I leave you for, the man that I just adore,
Like you.
The same man, he turns to me, he said "I've got to tell you how I feel,
If God could make the perfect girl, for me it would be you,
And my God told me not to tell about how much do you love your fella?"
I don't know more everyday,
Not in this new romantic way.

I'll always be your first love,
You'll always be my first love.

And I'm sorry to whichever man should meet my sorry state,
Watch my sturdy, lonesome gait and beware,
That I will never love a man 'cause I could never hurt a man in this way.
I will never love a man 'cause I could never hurt a man,
Not in this new romantic way.


Georgia’s face fell slightly when she noticed Oliver was no longer part of the group when they had finished their song. Once the initial excitement had died down, Tom pulled her into a hug. Eventually they were the only two left at the van letting her think in peace as Tom put stuff away. The song was only something stupid that she and Tom had done to pass time on the drive over. Maybe Oliver had made it out to something more than that in his head.

She hated the loneliness she felt without him.
♠ ♠ ♠
the song was Laura Marling's New Romantic
I may have become a bit obsessed with her recently.

Thanks to everyone who has commented/subscribed.

Anyways if i get more comments I'll have one out on Friday night before i go out so go on.....