Sequel: Save Me.

Hollow Crown.

My love you are in my heart.

If there was one thing Georgia could go the rest of her life without seeing it would be little pink butterflies. She loathed them. When she was little butterflies where her favourite animals, she was never one for horses or dolphins, it was always butterflies for her. She even had a little tiny outline of one tattooed on her left thumb which had been her first tattoo. But after drawing them a least twice a day for four years she was sick of them.

Parkway Drive where filling the studio with ruff growls and rhythmic guitars barely audible over the tattoo gun and shrill chattering of Georgia’s last client of the day. She had been working since nine that morning and it was about six thirty at the point where she was almost finished the little butterfly on the girl’s lower back. She was focusing so much on not hearing the conversation between the two teenage girls that she never even heard the bell ringing signalling someone entering the studio.

Oliver stood at the front desk, his eyes automatically fixed on the blond sitting further back into the shop. She had on a pair a dark blue jeans and a Furthest Drive Home t-shirt that she had cut up in order to show off the tattoo covering the top of her chest. Her bangs fell loosely over her shoulders and face as she worked on the brunette lying on the table.

“How was tour?” Oliver jumped slightly, startled by Michaels presence. He tore his eyes from Georgia to look at the older man. Michael was a lot bigger that Oliver and more built which had always intimidated him slightly as he cared for Georgia so much.

“It was good” Oliver sighed. Tour had been great; it was his relationship with Georgia that had suffered.

“She told me what happened,” Oliver’s body went rigid at the thought of what Michael would do to him for hurting Georgia. She was a second daughter to him.

“I’m not going to hurt you Oli,” he chuckled slightly; he must have seen the fear that overtook Oliver’s face. “She’s really upset with the whole thing. She doesn’t want to hurt you or Tom. Just give her some time”

Before Oliver could say anything back, the two girls who were previously with Georgia had joined him beside the counter. Oliver took it as his chance to escape the older man and try to speak to Georgia.

He walked cautiously towards her, afraid that she would suddenly turn around and kill him before he could talk to her. He stopped a couple of feet way from her, watching as she cleared up the slight mess she had made. His mouth was dry and his hands were shaking as he rubbed the back f his neck nervously, mentally prepared what he was going to say.

“I know you’re behind me Oli,” Georgia sighed. She had done so well avoiding him after they had returned home. Well at least she had made it five days.

“Yeah, em…I was just hear to tell you that my mum wants you to come round to the house tomorrow night” he rushed out. Truthfully that was the reason he had come to see her. His mother had made him even after his protests that she would have been fine hearing it from Thomas. He had missed her but he was scared to see her, scared of what her reaction would be to seeing him.

A blast of cold air filled the room as the two girls left the studio; Michael locking the door behind them to make sure no one else could come in. Georgia shivered cursing Oliver in her head for how many layers he was wearing to keep him warm, even if he was sporting an awful brightly coloured Christmas sweater with reindeers and bobbles all over it.

“I can’t leave Sam,” she mumbled, uncomfortable with the feelings she had when his eyes never moved from her being. She could feel them burn holes into her, like he was trying to take in every little detail about her. Uncomfortable at how much she enjoyed the feeling.

“He’s to come too,” Oliver said quietly as she turned to face him, icy blue eyes landing on his dark ones. Her eyes were captivating. He blushed slightly at being caught staring at her.

“Goodbye Oliver” Georgia’s face held a slight hint of a smile at the corner of her dark red lips as she turned to walk away from him, her black Nikes squeaking against the linoleum flooring. Rolling her eyes at how adorable he looked sometimes.

Oliver wasn’t sure what had happened as he made his way across the frosty streets of Sheffield heading towards his car. He didn’t know if Georgia was coming to his parent’s house or not. He was just relieved he hadn’t ended up with another black eye.

*****

Tom watched as late Christmas shoppers rushed around him, trying to make it home before hitting the late night traffic that accumulated in Sheffield. He stuffed his hands further into his jacket pockets in attempt to keep warm.

A smile spread across his face when Georgia emerged from the tattoo studio locking the door behind her. She laughed softly when she spotted the McDonalds woolly hat he was sporting. The two embraced in each other, thankful for the warmth and closeness it provided.

“I need to talk to you about something” Georgia sighed, cringing at the face Tom pulled at her words. She had been dreading doing this since Oliver left but not doing it would only cause more upset than necessary.

“That can’t be good” Tom mused, taking hold of one of her hands. The two of them had always been really close even before the attraction that occurred over the tour.

A silence fell over the pair, the noise of the passing vehicles and people the only sounds to be made. Both of their hearts beating fast inside their chests as Georgia searched for the words to say.

“Can I say something first?” Tom asked causing Georgia to look into his eyes. “I know this is hard for you and I don’t mind if you don’t want anything to happen between us. If you would rather be with Oli then I don’t mind. I just want you to be happy”

“I just don’t want to hurt anyone” Georgia sighed.

Tom pulled her into his body, wrapping his arms around her again. An unspoken truth that everything would be okay between them.

*****

“I can’t believe you went out like that!” Thomas laughed hysterically at his older brother as he sat on the couch opposite him. Over the years Oliver was usually perceived as the better looking of the two, so when he wore things or did things to embarrass himself it always add a little extra to Thomas’s self-confidence.

Oliver muttered a ‘fuck off’ not caring that he looked like an idiot, he had seen Georgia and that’s all he cared about.

Curtis walked into the living room, throwing some guitar magazine down on the coffee table as he took a seat beside Thomas.

“You went to see Gee then Oli?” Curtis laughed at the dreamy look on his lead singers face. Oliver never had that look unless he had been round the youngest Carter.

“Is she coming to Mum and Dads?” Thomas asked, watching as Oliver removed his woolly hat and ran a tattooed hand through his messy hair. Oliver thought for a second, replaying what had happened in the studio over in his head before answering with a dopy looking frown on his face.

“I’m not sure”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not sure i like this one.
Thanks for comments and subscriptions, more maybe?
x