You Know This Maze

Thinking of you

As I sat on the chair, I couldn’t stop replaying the scene that had happened just moments ago. Of course I felt bad, the only reason I was here was because my boyfriend wanted a romantic vacation, and I don’t think that the girl that put her arms around him was his sister.

"Lena, baby. Time to go!" Paul said to me.
"Right..." I said waking up from my daze.

We got back to the hotel room and Paul went to get a shower, I started to peel off my clothes and put them on a plastic bag so it didn’t get sand on my other clothes, I heard Paul call my name and told me to have a shower with him, I joined. After our shower (yes, only a shower) I grabbed the hotel robe and put it on, I sat on the bed and turned the T.V.

"Paul, is it okay if I watch a movie?" I asked him.
"Sure, the dinner reservation is at eight..." He said, sitting next to me.

I glanced at the clock, it was five o’clock. I got hungry and I went to my suitcase, I grabbed the bag of chips that I always carried around when I went traveling, I got back to bed and started to watch the movie that was being shown.

The movie was about a girl who always had good luck and she falls in love with a boy with bad luck, I was getting bored by the movie and started to fall asleep, that’s when the voice came. I opened my eyes and there he was, talking about Doug missing his mum, my head started to swirl and I turned off the t.v.

Paul was sleeping beside me, I kissed his cheek, tried to get out of bed without waking him and went out the door. I went to the lobby of the hotel and started to think.

The first question that came to my head was: WHAT THE HELL WAS I DOING?!

I was at the beach with my boyfriend and here I am, thinking about another guy that has a girlfriend. There were a lot of bad things in that sentence alone, and of course it didn’t help that I was still thinking about it.