You Know This Maze

Trouble

I glanced at my watch, it was six thirty, time to go back to the room. I made a final glance at the room and I went to my room, hoping that these thoughts would get over soon.

"Clara Elena, where were you?" Paul said hugging me.
"I was in the lobby, I wrote you a note..." I said, showing him the note.
"Oh yeah, I didn’t read it," he said, kissing me.

I kissed him back, all the previous thoughts about that boy were soon gone from my mind. I went to my suitcase and grabbed the clothes that I was going to wear for the evening. I changed and and hour later, we were in the restaurant, sitting on the table Paul had reserved.

"You know today is our anniversary..." He said with a smile on his face.
"Yes, one year of putting up with me and my little quirks," I said, grabbing his hand across the table.
"You know I love your little quirks, my little pixie!" he said, kissing my hand.

It had been a long time since he had called me that, the last time had been in...

"Good evening, I’m Jon and I shall be your waiter today, would you like something to drink?" the waiter asked.
"I would like a lemonade," I said, smiling.
"I want one too." Paul said smiling at me.

The waiter nodded and went to order our drinks, I looked at the menu, deciding on what to eat. I decided on chicken and vegetables and told Paul that I was going to the ladies’ room.

After doing my business, I got out and walked to my table, unfortunately, I wasn’t watching where I was going, and of course, I bumped into someone, falling to the floor.

"You know, we have got to stop meeting like this..." a voice said.
"Have we met before?" I said to no one in particular.

A hand appeared in front of me and I met the blue eyes I was trying to forget.

"It’s you!"- I said trying to hide my excitement.
"People refer to me as Danny, but you works too..." he said smiling.
"I’m Clara Elena, and I should be returning to my table now..." I said, making my way to the table.

I felt a tug on my hand and an arm snaked around my waist, I looked into Danny’s eyes and tried not to melt. Why was I feeling this? I love my boyfriend, but Danny’s presence was just intoxicating.

"Danny, can I go back to my table now?" I asked him.
"No, I need to see you again!" he said with need in his voice.
"Danny, I’m here with someone..." I said.
"And I’m here with someone too, what’s your point?" he asked.
"We can’t do this, I don’t know you, you don’t know me," I stated.
"I need to know you, I can’t keep you off of my mind," He confessed.
"Meet me in the Coral Hotel lobby at midnight" I told him, without thinking.

He nodded and let me go, I returned to my table, anxious of the meeting.

After a wonderful meal, Paul and me went to our hotel and to our room, I went to the bathroom to change into my pajamas and went to bed. I glanced at the clock, it read ten o’clock, I knew that Paul fell asleep quickly and was a heavy sleeper, I smiled at myself and acted like I was asleep.