You Know This Maze

Five minutes to midnight

I opened my eyes and found out that indeed I had fallen asleep, I looked at Paul and waved a hand over his eyes, he was out cold. I glanced at the clock, twelve o’ five, I went to the bathroom and changed into a pair of sweats and a black t-shirt. I ran to the lobby and checked the room for Danny, he wasn’t there. I sat on one of the couches and then I noticed it was moving.

"Well, hello there, love!" I heard Danny talk.

I checked the room again, but no one was there, oh great, I was starting to hallucinate him now.

"Down here..." he said, laughing.

I saw down and noticed that I was sitting on Danny’s little friend, I quickly jumped and sat in the couch next to the one Danny was sitting in.

"You were in a nice position, you know..." he said, and I noticed his thick English accent.
"Danny, that was out of place!" I said to him.
"You were right, I’m sorry. You’re the first girl that doesn’t fall for my charms..." he said, with amusement in his voice.
"Well, thank you, if you meant it as a compliment." I said, smiling.

He looked at me, but I felt that he was trying to decipher me, he wasn’t just looking at my eyes, he was staring into my soul. I took off my view from his eyes and looked at the floor, scared of what he might have found. He placed two of his fingers in my chin and forced my eyes into his.

"Why did you do that?" he asked.
"I’m scared..." I said, failing to lie to him.
"Of what? If it’s your boyfriend, I can go and forget all this..." he said.
"No!" I yelled too quickly.
"What is it?" he asked, concerned.
"It’s just, I haven’t felt like this in my life. I love my boyfriend but you..." I said.
"Are too intriguing." he finished, smiling.
"Ok, that was weird." I said.
"I agree." He stated.

We sat there, an awkward silence was starting to begin. I started to drum my fingers and he was just moving around, he got up and grabbed my hand, he sat me on the couch he was sitting in and put my legs in his lap, so that he was sitting and I was lying on the couch. He looked at me and smiled, I couldn’t help but smile back.

So, why are we here for? - I asked him.
You want to know me, I want to know you, easy as that. - He said.
We can play twenty questions, I mean... what else can we do - I said.
How about we just say random things about ourselves. - He said.
Are you sure you’re comfortable in that position? - I asked him.
Yes. Could you wait here for a few minutes?, I got an idea - He asked me.

I nodded but with fear in my eyes, the lobby was kind of dark and one of my biggest fears is the dark. I knew he understood me because he grabbed an iPod from one of the pockets of his sweats and gave it to me.

"Don’t miss me too much!" he said, and kissed my forehead.

I watched as he walked away into the darkness and I grabbed the iPod and turned it on so I could hear some music, the song I heard talked about a boy that wanted to be with a girl, but she had problems and he wanted to get over her. It was kind of me and Danny’s situation, I looked at the band that was playing the song: McFly, why did that name rang so much?

"That’s my band, you know..." Danny said.
"That was fast!" I said.
"No, you fell asleep and I shook you and told you a long story about unicorns and fairies..." he said with a serious face.
"Really?" I asked with a blush on my face.
"The first part is true, the second not so much. Nice blush by the way..." he said, smiling.
"Where did you go?" I said, changing the subject.
"Oh, I went to get my guitar and some food..." he said, pointing to the table.

I looked at the table and sure enough there were bags of chips and candy on it, and a beautiful acoustic guitar.

"Your guitar is pretty..." I said.
"Not as pretty as you..." He said.
"Danny, remember, I’m not falling for your tricks, I have a boyfriend." I said.
"I have a girlfriend too, remember? But please, just for tonight, let us forget about that. I feel different with you, I feel like..." he said, with pain in his voice.
"Like everything is the way it should be" I finished for him.

We looked at each other, not wanting to spoil the moment with words, the guilt was eating us and yet we didn’t want to part, we didn’t want to be apart form each other. He grabbed his guitar and started to sing, sometimes I joined him, it seemed that music was the only language in which we could communicate and forget about realty, and stay in our own world. Next thing we knew, the sun was starting to rise, I looked at the window and looked at Danny.

"Looks like our time is up..." I said to him.
"And you are still a stranger to me." he confessed.
"I feel exactly the same," I said.
"You know what this means, right?" he said with a devious smile.
"We have to meet again?" I asked.
"Exactly, love" he said, grabbing my phone.
"What are you doing?!" I asked him, trying to get my phone.
"I’m saving my phone number in yours so we can text each other," he said, smiling at his idea.
"Danny, what if we get caught?" I asked him with panic in my voice.
"We are not going to get caught, because in your phone I’m your cousin Alice and you’re my cousin Heath..." he said.

After the phone exchanges, he grabbed his guitar and walked me to my room, and then he started to laugh.

"What’s your problem?" I asked him
"Would you believe me if I told you that I’m staying next door?" he asked me while smiling.
"You have got to be kidding me..." I rolled my eyes.

He just nodded, gave me a kiss on the cheek and went to his door. We looked at each other one last time before entering our reality.