The Reluctant Cinderella

Chapter Thirty-four

Summer vacation was winding to a close and the Santiago household couldn't be any more different then when it had started. The Santiago children had gone through serious changes. The twins, who were usually civil and friendly to each other, were now barely speaking. The oldest, Sky, had had enough of his twin sister's attitude, personality, and overall meanness. Especially with the way she treated their younger sister. But, he did have to admit, that he did still care for his twin and hoped she recovered from her fall down the stairs. Now Rose, the oldest daughter and Sky's twin, was completely alienated from her brother and sister. Neither of them interacted with her at all. It was like she didn't even exist. And that bothered her. Most of the time, anyway.

And finally the youngest child in the family, Dawn, was okay with the current situation in the house. She no longer acknowledged her older sister and has come to bond a little bit with her brother. After falling down the stairs and waking up in the hospital she has finally put her foot down in regards to Rose. She fully believed it was for the best and was something Rose had wanted for a long time. Cutting the ties now would save for a lot of trouble in the future. It wasn't easy since they all still lived at home but it was working. The Santiago household had finally found some peace. If only other aspects of Dawn's life would be the same then everything would be okay.

Sadly, for Dawn, it wasn't going to be that easy. She had finally dealt with the problem concerning her sister. But she still had two other people to deal with: Jason and Connor.

The boys both had come to care and love her since meeting her earlier in the summer. And both are the complete opposite of each other. On top of that they didn't like each other either. That was apparent when they both finally met and Dawn didn't know what to do. She still was lost when it came to the boys. Since going back home from the hospital she's received flowers, balloons, stuffed animals, and even candy from both would be boyfriends. It was all starting to pile up in her room and she finally had to call both and tell them to stop. Usually she would go to her best friend, Missy, for advice but she knew that the red head would be biased. It really wasn't a secret that she wished Dawn would choose her cousin, Connor. In this situation Dawn was alone and had to figure out what she was going to do. And time wasn't on her side at all. School was rapidly approaching and she had promised herself that she was going to figure everything out before starting her senior year.
♠ ♠ ♠
First off I'd like to thank everyone that has been very patient with me and still continued to subscribe. I am absolutely horrible when it comes to updating and actually completing a story. I wish I can give each of you a hug for sticking around. Seriously you are all awesome! I do promise that I will be continuing this story and finishing it soon.

This chapter was just a small recap for what has happened already. It's so I know where I am and what exactly I wanted to do for this story. Be assured that the next chapters will be moving the plot along. :)