Hate That I Love You

Mysterious Girls

“….None of your damn business” Ronnie sneered, turning away and walked back out of the bus, stomping his feet as he went.

“Good on ya’ Max.” Cried Robert, peeking his head around from the far end of the bus, the remainder of his tea was around his mouth.

Max bowed his head in shame.

“Hey guys…you can stop that now.” Omar walked past, tapping Bryan on the shoulder, and walked away after Ronnie. Bryan lifted from my body and straightened his shirt up whilst I got up, his hand rested lightly on my thigh.

“You know, its really not healthy to do that…” Robert called, from around the corner.

“Whats not healthy?” Bryan called back

“Making out in front of your band mates, they might start making out with her as well.”

I heard Robert snicker.

“…Let them.” Bryan retorted, winking at me and turning away to the door, watching Ronnie and Omar talk away.

“What do you think they are talking about?...” asked Bryan, nudging me in the side and pointing at them.

“I don’t know…hey! How come I haven’t met your brother?”

“Because… hey, would they be talking about Nikki?” Bryan turned to me, seeing a serious look on my face and changed the subject back.

“…Uh? Because he is gay? He doesn’t like meeting chicks.” Bryan stuck his tongue out and got up from the couch. “You wanna help make us tea?”

I shrugged, not really.

Robert got up and pushed past Bryan and I and leant out the door.

“Guys! Come on! We are leaving shortly.”

He pushed his way back. I shot him an evil glare.

“Dude, whats for tea?” Max threw himself at Bryan.

“Food…” I walked away, following Ronnie as he walked in.

“Looks like we are having take away at the next stop!” Bryan yelled to me as I waslked away.

“Who’s Nikki?” I sat down next to Ronnie in his bunk. He instantly, as if in trouble, shoved a thin piece of laminated paper under his pillow. The laminated side shone in my eyes.

“Whats that?” I asked, pointing to his pillow.

He glanced down stupidly

“….That’s my pillow, Rory.” He nodded, cuddling the poor run-down pillow.

“What did you shove underneath it?” I pressured, figuring that if I pushed him hard enough I would get my answer.

“Oh, that was just a family picture…”

He leant harder onto the pillow as I reached for it, as if in defence.

“I want to see it!” I cried, throwing my hands to my side.

“Its only my family…”

“HEY RONNIE!” came a familiar voice, the dark haired male pulled back the curtain and heaved Ronnie from his bed.

“MAX!” he cried, reaching back at me for the object under the pillow. He looked at me, he obviously knew my intentions and struggled harder against Max’s grip

“Chill dude, I only want you to come and check something out…” Max let his go, but it was too late. My hand was under the pillow and I had grasped whatever the object was. The slick surface made me think it was a condom wrapper, but it was too big for that. Ronnie desperately tried to pull my hand from under the pillow.

“Dude? What the fuck?” Max looked over Ronnie’s shoulder, and visualized my hand under pillow, he shrugged and walked away, scared.

“Please Rory, just leave it…” he pleaded, ripping my hand from its position.

“Tell me what it REALLY is, and I wont have to look at it…” I teased, the little piece of laminated paper was in my hand. I waved it around.

“I already told you what it is…”

“Let me check.” I smirked.

“Ror-”

I glanced at the sheet. It was a picture of Ronnie and an unfamiliar girl. They were standing on the top of some form of waterfall. The background was wonderful. Lovely flowers littered the tree tops and the ground. The girl standing next to Ronnie was short, he had lovely dark hair. Her dark make up highlighted her eyes, revealing the more sense of her. His hand was firmly wrapped around her shoulders, securing her next to him. I had never seen Ronnie so happy.

I glanced back at Ronnie

“Who is she?” I glared back at the picture, she was just so beautiful, I couldn’t take my eyes off her. Her long dark hair hung around her face, her smile lit up her face.

“She is really pretty…she your sister?”

He glanced down

“Ronnie?”

I put the picture down to look at Ronnie, he wouldn’t look at me. From my perspective he looked hurt, as though someone had ripped out his heart and stepped on it.

“This is Nikki, isn’t it?” I asked, peeping down under his hair to look at his face.

He nodded.

“What happened?”

He looked away for a second, checking for an audience, then turned back to me.

“She’s my Girlfriend, I haven’t seen her in months, she moved away and I never got her address. I don’t know how to contact her, and.. I thought she ran away from me.” He fought back tears.

I pulled him into a hug.

“You and Bryan are so happy, I just…. Miss her so much nowadays.” He leant his head onto my shoulder.

“You will find her, I’m sure she misses you, and is kicking herself that she didn’t tell you her address.” I patted the upper portion of his back, coaxing him to sleep.

Bryan walked by, glancing at me. He moved his head a little and pointed at Ronnie. I mouth to him ‘later’ and blew a kiss.

“I loved her….badly..” he pushed off me, getting back into his bunk and cuddling up into a ball, clutching the picture of Nikki to his chest.

I whispered in his ear “She is a very beautiful girl… she was lucky to have you.”

I walked away.

“Whats up with Ronnie?” Bryan asked, pulling me down with him on the couch. I smiled sweetly before kissing his cheek.

“He… had a rough day, and I felt that he needed comfort.” I turned back to the plate of food that was in front of me. I glanced back up at Bryan, weirdly

“What is this?”

“Its food….” He started on his tea.

“Obviously.”

I quit my bitching and decided id rather eat that then starve.

“Hey, is that your phone?” Bryan put his fork down and turned to me.

I looked at him

“My what?”

“Your phone? Is that it ringing?”

I reached into my pocket and felt around for my phone, low and behold, thet vibrationg sensation was my phone. But how did Bryan feel it and I didn’t?

I glanced at the screen, it flashed a familiar name. I had told her I would ring her, it must have slipped my name. oh great, that’s a nice thing of me. How could I forget her?

I slid my phone up and answered it with Bryan whispering obscenities in my ear.

“…Hey Alex!”