Hate That I Love You

Drawing Faces

“Hey Rore, you will never guess what…” he spoke into the phone, he breathing almost deafened me, let alone her voice.

“Cant you just ask me how I am?”

“Guess what?” she ignored my comment, she was good at that sort of thing, and it annoyed the shit out of me.

“What?”

“I met the most amazing guy…” her voice lightened, she must have moved away from the speaker.

“Oh yeah, who is he?”

“When are you coming back.”
Another shrugged off comment.

“Uh, when I can?” I sighed, turning to Max who was mouthing something completely random at me. He was brushing his hair over his shoulder, trying to imitate a woman.

“Piss off” I whispered to him, covering my hand over the speaker on the phone.

“…And, he was really sweet.” She kept on.

“Hey listen alex, I have to go, im really busy…”

“WAIT!” she screamed.

Max stared at me, his eyes were wide open, and his mouth dropped.

“Was that her?” he whispered to me, pointing to the phone.

I just nodded, rolling my eyes. He snickered and walked away.

“Did I tell you that I am seeing him again, on Wednesday.”

“No, you didn’t, say, The guys tell me that we will be in town on Wednesday, maybe I shall get to meet him.” I smiled

I was presently Tuesday; I had been on tour with the guys for almost a week.

“Excellent.” She cooed, moving away from the phone again to talk to a mate.

“Well, I have to go, Its late at night here, can I talk to you on Wednesday?”

I hung up, hearing Alex’s voice raised my heart. It was good to hear from her, considering I was supposed to call her. Oops.

I got up and walked down the bus, where everyone else had migrated to. Robert and Ronnie were sitting on the floor, with a few scattered guitars laying lifelessly around them, writing lyrics and jamming to made-up riffs. Bryan was reading a magazine while Max read it over his shoulder, randomly reading out facts. Bryan would try to swish him away every now and then, but he would come back, like that fly. I wonder where he went? Omar was leaning up against the window, slowly falling asleep. His eyes slipped closed at one point and Max giggled to Bryan about drawing on his face. I stood in the walk way, leaned up against the wall nearest the bunks.

“Do you think he will care?” Max whispered to Bryan, who just nodded and kept his eye on the magazine article he was so interested in.

“Go and find out…”

Max walked away, giving me the opportunity to walk up behind Bryan and cuddle him.

“Max you know im not….” Bryan turned and stopped mid sentence when he realized he was talking to me

“Rory, jeez, I thought you were Max.” He placed his hand over his heart.

“As if max would cuddle you…”

Bryan looked at me wide eyed

“You have now idea what we get up to.” Bryan winked, flashing a devilish smile.

“oooh, kinkeh!” I nudged him, kissed his check and walked myself off the bed, saying my goodnights as I went.

“Night!” Screamed max, running past my bunk and crashing into his own bunk.

“Night” I sighed, rolling over and falling to sleep, my muscles relaxed and the world spun away from me.

I was well asleep when Bryan came to join me in the bed.

Morning arose, and the bus was on the move again. My head lightly grazed against the fluffy material against the wall. The fluffy material woke me up. My eyes adjusted awkwardly to the light that streamed into the bunk from the bottom of the window. I felt sorry for Omar, who slept in the upper bunk, the sun would have woken him up instantly.

“GRRRARRRH!”

I shot up in bed, swiftly crashing my head against the bottom of the top bunk, waking Omar from his slumber.

“What he fuck was that, BRYAN! stop fucking around!” he called, rolling over and going back to sleep.

I breathed in slowly and looked over my shoulder at the empty space on the bed. Bryan was gone. I looked over to Ronnie’s bunk, it was full. His dark hair poked out from his light purple sheets.

Where did Bryan go?

I swung my legs over the bed and stood up, the blood rushed down to my toes, slowly giving them feeling. I walked past Max’s bunk, which was still occupied by the bassist himself. I pulled back the curtains and glanced down on the floor where a permanent black texture lay, the one he had planned to use on Omar. I smiled and picked it up, ripping off the lid and placing the pen tip over Max’s face and began to draw.

“Hey you…” Bryan’s warm face greeted me as I stepped out of the bus.
”Hey.” I smiled, reaching up and wrapping my arms around his head, pulling him down to kiss me.

“Have a nice nap?” I nodded, bringing my hands down to his chest, they fitted nicely over his chest. He glanced down at my hands, before taking one into his hands and observing it closely.

“What is that?” he asked, raising an eyebrow and pointing to the dark smudged over my hand. The black marks covered my hand, like little beetles on a leaf.

“uh, I must have rested my hand on something.” I smiled, pulling my hands back and resting them at my sides.

Bryan leant down to kiss me, pulling my head closer to him

“WHAT THE FUCK!”

Bryan pulled back and stared at me.

“You drew on Max’s face?”