Hate That I Love You

Who Is She?

It was a summer Wednesday, the sun shone brightly through the fluffy cream clouds. Max had awoken, according to the screaming and yelling at the mirror. I smirked while Bryan looked at me cautiously.

“You drew on his face?” he repeated

I looked up at him and smiled, the smile evilly spread from ear to ear.

“…Why?” he turned away, bringing a seat closer for him to sit on it. Once he had obtained his seat, he sat down, bringing me onto his lap.

“Because he looked so cute sleeping, so I tried to make him cuter, its not my fault if he doesn’t like it.” I cuddled into Bryan’s chest. He wrapped his arms around me and rested his head on the top of my head lightly.

“OMAR!” Shrieked Max, storming around the bus, looking for a poor soul to blame over the art on his face.

“….What the?”

Omar had been asleep, he clumsily moved in his bed, turning over to ignore Max. Max stormed up to him and shook him vigorously, almost pulling him from his bed.

“…what do you want?” he lazily spoke, rolling over. His eyes were still half closed.

“Why did you draw on my face?” Max placed his hands on his hips and developed a woman’s pose.

“…Have I not been asleep, Max?” he question, rubbing his eyes and turning over.

“That doesn’t mean anything, you could have…”

“Hello!?”

Max turned, finding the source of the interruption. He peeked around the corner to visualize a small slender woman. She was glancing around the bus, looking down at her phone every now and then. She would occasionally speak to herself. Max let out a giggle, he couldn’t contain himself.

“Hello?” she called again, spinning on her heels to check the door way for any on coming band members.

“Ronnie?”

Max’s ears perked, like a kangaroo listening for a predator. He moved further around the corner, allowing himself to see the woman more. She had a beautiful figure, her hair was coloured, Blonde and black to be exact. Max’s eyes searched her from head to toes.

“Hey!?” he quietly spoke, slowly appearing from around the corner of the bunks.

“Who is it?” Omar whispered

Max shrugged

“Oh! Hey, is this Ronnie’s Bus?” she questioned. Rubbing her arms unsecurely.

Max lifted an eyebrow, glanced at Omar, then back at the girl

“Ronnie sleeps here, yeah, but it’s not his bus.” Max smirked, his smart arse ways always annoyed me.

“Oh, is he awake?” she asked quietly, peeping around at the bunks.

“Uh…”

Max looked over his shoulder at Ronnie’s bunk, it was still full, his sleepy form rolled around in his bed.

“How about you leave your number… or hotel room, and… he will get back to you?” Max looked back at her, handing her a piece of paper, she supplied the pen

“Oh… I’m Nikki.”

Max’s face dropped. He never thought that Ronnie would ever obtain himself such a beautiful girlfriend.

“You’re Nikki?” He pointed at her

“What does she look like?” Omar whispered, trying to peep around the corner.

“I-I..”

Omar crashed to the floor, interrupting Nikki. Max and Nikki stared at him, he was face down in the carpet. He had obviously been greedy and leaned to far out of the bed.

“Ow..” he mumbled, stiffly moving his sore limbs

Max rolled his eyes, and walked away, further towards Nikki.

“Don’t bother.” He tore away the paper. “Ronnie will be up soon.” Max smirked, walking over to Ronnie’s bunk, pulled back the curtain and reached under the shirt he was wearing to tweak his nipples.

Ronnie stirred, and awoke instantly.

“What he fuck dude? I swear you are gay!” he cried, rubbing his eyes and sitting up on his elbows.

“Well I didn’t want your Girlfriend to wait for you.”

“What girlfriend?”

Max signaled him to get up out of bed, and pointed to the girl that was standing in the walk way, glancing around the kitchen, humming a tune to herself.

Ronnie’s mouth dropped open.

“She’s fucking hot dude, how did you get her!” Max nudged him, winking at walking away. Ronnie’s eyes were glued to her.

“Nikki!?” he asked, getting out of bed and rushing over to her.

She glared at him, and smiled happily.

“Ronnie!”

I shot up, Bryan glanced down at me.

“Whats up?”

I glanced around

“I heard a female voice call Ronnie?” I looked back to him, burying my face into his chest.

“I heard it too, we should go check it out!”

Bryan got up, lifting me up and carrying me inside, over his shoulder. He walked us into the bus, where he stopped simultaneously.

“Bryan?” I asked, trying to peek over my shoulder. Failing badly.

He didn’t answer

“Bryan! Put my down.” I kicked my legs, forcing him to put me down. It worked. When I spun to see what he was looking at, I was stunned too. Ronnie was sharing an embrace with a dark haired female. Max was on the other side of Ronnie, staring as well. Omar and Robert were still in bed.

The woman was beautifully skinny, her hair was reasonably long, not too long. Her light couloured pants contrasted with the dark shirt and hair, she dressed well.

“Who is that?” I whispered to Bryan

She seemed vaguely familiar, I had seen her somewhere, but I couldn’t remember where. Ronnie was almost in tears, she was comforting him by rubbing her hand in his hair, whispering little things in his ear.

“Your guess is as good as mine.” Bryan shrugged, still gob-smacked.

I just stared on.

It all came back to me in one rush. Her hair was coloured different from what I had seen, and she had matured more. She was the girl in the picture that Ronnie had tried to hide from me, the picture that he kept under his bed.

She was Nikki, the girl he had cried over the night before.

“I can tell your thinking…” Bryan Whispered.

“That’s Nikki…”

I heard Bryan draw a breath.