Hate That I Love You

Second Chances for the Fortunate

Ronnie!” Nikki screamed, clutching Ronnie’s shirt tightly between her tightly clenched fists, her eyes fixated on the newly awaken figure in the bed in front of her.

“Nikki?...” Ronnie glanced down at her, lifting an eyebrow, and looking back at Mike.

“He’s alive!!!”

Ronnie rolled his eyes. “He was never dead…”

“….oh…” she blushed, releasing her grip on his shirt.

“Bryan?” Mike asked again, through slanted eyes. Nikki looked up at Ronnie, who in turn looked down at her confusingly.

“Where did Mike go?” Mike blindly glanced around the room, muttering small words to himself, attempting to make sense of where he was.

“Mike went to sleep…” Ronnie cooed, giggling under his breath, until Nikki hit him in the stomach. He crippled over.

“Don’t tease him…”

Mike looked directly at Nikki lazily “Are you Bryan?”

Nikki shook her head, silently pointing to the door, signaling that Bryan wasn’t in the room. Mike slowly followed her lead over to the door, looking at it sideways.

“Don’t confuse Mike… Mike’s head hurts…” he muttered, rubbing his head roughly.

“Ronnie?!” Nikki whispered, glancing down at Ronnie, who was still crawled up on the ground. “What the fuck?” She muttered, keeping her mouth as shut as possible to avoid Mike contacting her.

“He’s delirious… Go find Bryan and Rory…” he mumbled, trying to bury his head into the lino that covered the cold tiles of the floor.

“BRYAN?” Mike jumped at the mention of his brothers name.

Nikki sighed, “At least he remember his family…”

She walked out of the room, swiftly, letting the door swing back into the wall as she whisked her way past it.

“Bryan?” Omar called out, his breath heavy and hot on the cool breeze of the late afternoon. His mouth clasped around his mouth, his voice echoing throughout the village, calling his band mate’s name.

“He isn’t here…. Shit.” Nikki muttered, kicking the dirt on the pavement in front of her.

“Where could they have gone?” Omar questioned, focusing on Nikki.

“If I knew that I wouldn’t be her, Now would i?” she glanced along the road, her eyes falling on a familiar dark coloured car.

“They are still here…” She muttered, running back into the hospital.

“How..? How does she know that?” Omar looked around, trying to find what she was looking at, failing badly.

“Nikki?” he called, running into the hospital after her.

“BRYAN!?” She called, standing in the middle of the hallway, spinning hurriedly on her heels, ducking and weaving between on-comers.

“Nikki!” Omar spoke, walking over to her and pulling her away from the walk way. Pulling her around the corner, he faced her.

“Are you crazy! You cant just call out in a hospital…” he whispered, glancing around the corner and catching his attention on a familiar pair of legs.

“I know those legs…” he muttered, turning back to Nikki, who glared at him evilly.

“What have I told you about staring at random women’s legs?” she put her hands on her hips, swaying occasionally.

“Im serious… I just saw Rory… they were her legs… and her shooes… and… and..” Omar rushed away, darting around the corner and running towards Rory in the hallway.

“Omar!” she called out, jogging lightly after him.

“Whoa! Omar… no need to run at me? If you wanted to see me all you had to do was call me?!” I pushed my hand into my pocket and brought out my phone, waving it in his face. He looked up at me, and his mouth dropped. Nikki ran up behind him, he turned at looked at her evilly.

“What?” she questioned.

“We could have rung her! Instead of running around this damned death trap..” he exclaimed, placing his hand against the wall to lean on to catch his breath.

I looked at them both, their red faces illuminated in the bright lights that littered the ceiling.

“What is the rush anyway?” I asked, looking back to try and find Bryan, hopefully he was still were I had sat him down, and not off harassing a nurse. “Make it quick, I have to get back to Bryan.” I hushed him along.

“Where is Bryan?” Nikki asked, smiling at me awkwardly.

“What is the rush?” I repeated.

“Mikewokeupandhewantedbryanand….and….and…andwecametofindyou..and…and..” Omar blurted out, straightening himself up, breathing in heavily. I glared at him wide eyed.

“Excuse me?”

“Can we see Bryan?” Nikki asked, pushing Omar away.

“Uh? Sure… he’s down there..” I pointed further down the hall way, back towards the waiting room.

“Are you kidding me? You’ve been there all this time?” Omar huffed.

“Uh… just got there..” I smiled, turning and leading them down the hall to Bryan, who was still sweetly sitting with his legs crossed on the cold floor of the waiting room.

“Rory?” Bryan looked up at Omar and Nikki through his light blonde streaks of hair, tearing his eyes from the floor that he was so closely observing.

“Bryan… Come with us..”
I walked up behind the two tall figures as they were pulling Bryan up from the ground, his arms falling limply next to him and he felt like a heavy weight in their arms.

“Jeez….” Omar huffed. “Since when did someone this skinny feel this heavy.”

“Stop your whinging…:

I sighed. “What are you’s doing with him? And where is he going?” I took Bryan from their grasp, linking his arms around my neck and hold his weight at his waist. He straightened up in my embrace, resting his head against my neck.

“Rory?... how is Mike?” he whispered into my neck, his breath warm on the cold of my neck.

“How is he?” I turned to Nikki, Omar glanced at her too. She glared between us both, her head didn’t droop, so it couldn’t have been any worse. She weakly smiled, Bryan coughed at why she was laughing. He glared up at me suspiciously.

“He’s…. awake..”

Bryan Choked, his grasp on my neck tightened. His entire body seized up, his eyes never left Nikki, she just weakly smiled back, afraid of being bowled over by Bryans stare. She backed into the shadows of Omar’s figure, his body towering over hers.

“Mike’s awake? Seriously?”

Nikki just nodded, peeping from behind Omar.

“Did you hear that?”

Before I could reply, we were all chasing Bryan down the hallways to Mikes room. The colours of the outside backgrounds flashing like passing lights. My heart beat in my chest cavity as I heaved my legs down the long corridors towards the infamous room that upheld the madness behind all this, Mike.

“Mike’s Awake!!” Bryan called, flailing his body down the corridors and over staff members, who stared in awe as his entourage came crashing down the halls after him.

There was no way I could possibly expect to stand after this….