Hate That I Love You

Cheaters never get off Easy

“Nikki?” called Ronnie, walking throughout the rooms, ducking and weaving. He paused, and leaned over the railing, glancing down to the lower floor. His head darted around. As I walked underneath him, I glanced up, taking in a lovely view of his open mouth. I sighed and shrugged, knowing that he was going to ask me where Nikki was.

“Where you last left her?” I walked off, not really caring, I had better things to do.

“NIKKI?!!” he called, racing off towards the other end of the hallway, his heavy footsteps reverberating through the floor boards above me.

“NIKKI?!”

“I wish he would shut up….” Max muttered, falling purposely on the couch, his hand clutched around the poor remote.

“Just wait… he will find her soon, for sure…” Robert agreed.

“So where is Omar?” Max asked, glancing around.

“Uh?...Good question…”

“Nikki?”

“Ronnie?!” she called back.

“Hey, Where are you?”

“Out the back, come here…”

Ronnie happily skipped down the stairs, passing Max and Robert on the couch and pacing himself outside, where he found his beloved gardening. He stared weirdly.

“Why are you gardening?” Ronnie lifted an eyebrow and pointed to the garden.

“Something to do… what did you want?”

Ronnie paused, trying to remember what he actually wanted.

“Oh, umm… I want to spend some time with you?” Ronnie weakly smiled, figuring he would need more than that to persuade her to spend time with him.

“Didn’t we spend all last night together?”

Ronnie choked back on his saliva, her come back was a little harsh. He paused, waiting for a form of apology.

“Whats wrong?” he asked, approaching her and pulling the shovel from her hands, forcing her to look at him.

“Nothing is wrong, now can you please give it back?” she retorted.

Ronnie’s heart drooped, tearing away from his veins and falling, shattered. He dropped his head and handed back the shovel, walking off, defeated. Nikki resumed to her previous activities, not caring.

“Ronnie, Whats up mate?” Max asked as he walked in the door.

“Don’t ask…” he muttered, walking back up to the higher half of the house. Leaving Max and Robert to exchange questioning looks.

“Whats up with him?”

“Don’t know, I’ll find out…” Max slowly followed, trying to hide the fact that he was following Ronnie.

“Ronnie? You in here?” Max knocked on Ronnie’s bedroom door, not receiving a reply, Max decided to move in. he slowly opened the door, it creaked on its rusted hinges. Max peeked his head around the door, taking in the musty smell of Ronnie’s hidden lair. Slowly he walked himself in, very careful not to stand on anything. Max quickly searched the room, finding it empty and dark. Shivers worked their way up Max’s arms, meeting themselves at his spine. The room was empty, apart from Ronnie’s clothes, as well as Nikki’s.

Max looked down at his feet, and upon finding a small sliver of paper, he became very curious. He bent down and picked up the small piece of paper, opening it with his small slender fingers. As soon as he opened it and read a few words, he had already known that he wasn’t supposed to read it. He dropped the paper and raced out of the room. Slamming his back against it, once it was closed. His heart raced, pumping the glorious red liquid to his face and fingers. The blood ran cold though. The letter was from Omar, to Nikki. Max cooled himself down and walked off, trying to push the idea from his head.

“Max…Hey?” I ran into him coming down the stairs. I stopped him dead in his tracks. He slowly turned to face me. His whole face was pale, and his hands were uncontrollably shaking. I looked at him weirdly.

“Max? what’s up?” I grasped his hands within mine, they were freezing cold.

“Its nothing….” He forced my hands away from his and marched away from me, towards the lounge room. I looked myself over, thinking it was my fault. I looked back to where Max was previously been, and figured that there was something seriously wrong. I thought it was just Max having a mood swing, he should get over it soon.

“Hey? You wouldn’t happen to have talked to Max?” I sat down next to Bryan, who was sitting, happily reading by the pool. He put down his book and faced me.

“No, Why?”

“He seems pretty upset at something…” I sighed, spreading myself out onto Bryan’s bare chest.

“Any thoughts on what may be bothering him?” Bryan rubbed his hand through my dark ebony hair.

“If I had any, I would be here…” I laughed.

“True…” he coughed. “Something he heard? Something he saw? You know what Max is like?”

“Yeah, I don’t know, before that he was talking to Ronnie, I think… so it may have something to do with Ronnie?” I questioned. Bryan just nodded, he didn’t really care.

“Guys, have you seen Omar?” Ronnie walked up to us, and snorted when he saw the position we were in. I lifted my head, and glared at Bryan straight in the eyes, he also heard the quiet snort. We ignored it and shrugged.

“Hey, what’s Max upset for?”

Ronnie shrugged and marched off, rudely.

“What the hell is wrong with them today?” Bryan muttered, watching Ronnie walk away from us before turning back to me as I talked.

“Don’t know, but they need to sort it out…” I sighed, planting a kiss on Bryan’s perfectly shaped lips. He smiled as we pulled away.

“I don’t care, im happy… that’s all that matters right now.” He wrapped his hands around my waist and pulled me down with him.

“Your so vain…” I kissed him again.

Just as we were trying to have privacy, even though that’s quite hard when your in the open, Omar comes along, well, he was, until he was bombarded by Ronnie.

“Hey guys I… oh hey Ronnie..” he turned away from us. Bryan and I sat up again, waiting for Omar to turn back to us. I glared at Bryan, who had his eyes firmly set on Omar.

“I wonder what he wants…” Bryan murmured, turning back and kissing my collarbone. I giggled and pushed Bryan away, playfully.

“You fucking…”

Bryan and I quickly turned back to Omar and Ronnie, just in time to watch Omar fall to the ground. Ronnie towering over him, giving his punches to the face. Bryan shot up, pushing me backwards, and raced over, splitting up the fight. But his strength alone wasn’t enough.

“Robert?”

And you know in those Superhero flicks, where the hero is always there in a flash, well, I swear I have never seen Robert move so fast, not even for a girl. The whole situation was over before it started. There was a scurry of limbs, and a few curses were made. but other than that, it was pretty much over when it started. I couldnt believe how Ronniehad the hatred to punch his own band member. there must have been something behins it.Ronnie and Omar were both held back by a member of the band. But Max was still nowhere to be seen. Ronnie was swearing and cursing, trying to force himself back at Omar, but Bryan kept a firm grip on him.

“You fucking jerk… you know I love her!!”

My blood ran cold.