Hate That I Love You

Throwing Punches at Band mates

“You bastard…” Ronnie continued to throw punches at Omar, who was at least 3 meters out of his reach.

“What the fuck Ronnie?” he was calling back, astounded that his own band member attacked him.

“I fucking love her… and… you do this? To me?” he yelled, forcing Bryan off him and swiftly walking back into the house. I watched Ronnie walk away, before turning and firmly laying my eyes on Bryan. He shrugged his shoulders and began to walk towards me.

“What the hell Omar? What did you do?” Robert asked, releasing his grip on the poor man.

“I don’t know?” he stupidly replied.

“Well… I suggest you stay away from him.. and Nikki, by thte sounds of it.”

Robert marched off.

I watched Bryan approach me. He extended his hand. During the whole fight, I hadn’t realised that I was still on the ground, where Bryan had left me when he quickly jump up. I took his hand greedily, and with his help, lifted myself back onto the seat. Bryan laid down next to me.

“What was that about?” I asked, repositioning myself back onto Bryan’s tanned chest.

“Don’t know… but, it had something to do with Nikki?” he shrugged, and pulled a book back up to his face. I lay silent for a while, thinking. Before it hit me.

“I got it!” I yelled, jumping up, forcing the book out of Bryan’s hands. My hands were rested firmly on his chest, they were there to give me support.

“Do you mind?” he coughed, trying to brush my hands off his chest.

“That’s why Max was so upset…”

“Why?”

“He knew about Omar… and… Omar must like Nikki, or something along those lines… Oh my..” I paused, and squarely looked Bryan in the face.

“You cant possibly think that? Omar knows better than that…” Bryan sighed, leaning over the chair and picking up the book I had forced him to drop.

“Yes, I can… and I think its true..”

I jumped up and raced inside, in search for Max.

“Hey Max?!” I called, dashing in and out of the rooms. “MAX!”

No reply.

“MAX?!”

“Max, has gone out… you can leave a message if you want, and I will get back to him soon.” Robert appeared from out of the lounge room, where I had given up on my search.

“What do you mean?”

“I mean, he isn’t here… try again later.” He smiled, collapsing onto the couch in front of me. I looked down at him sadly.

“Do you know when he will be back?” I questioned, falling onto the couch next to him.

“Why do you want him? Isn’t Bryan good enough.” He bowed over and cackled his little heart away. I slanted my eyes and looked at him evilly.

“No…” I sternly replied “I need to talk to him…”

“What about?” he wiggled his eyebrows.

“Oh grow up…” I sighed and got up, leaving Robert. I figured I wasn’t going to get much out of him. So I returned to Bryan, who hadn’t moved, hadn’t gone to get anything. He had just laid there, still. I rolled my eyes and slowly walked over to him, silently tippy-toeing my way over. I snickered to myself upon getting closer. He was within reach now, and talking to himself silently.

“Rory? Don’t do it, I know your there!” he spoke, turning around, looking at me from above his glasses. I slapped my leg hardly, scrunching my face up as I did.

“Damn it, I wanted to…”

“Yes, I know, but… see the pool? It has your reflection on it!” he smiled, pointing to the pool. I glanced over, only to find myself staring back at me. I tilted my head to one side, unable to accept defeat.

“Cheater…” I sighed and jumped onto the seat next to him. I extended my legs over his, making myself comfortable.

“You right there?” he questioned, still staring at me from above his glasses. I smiled at him.

“Nah, I’m half left..” I snickered.

“Smart arse…” he poked my ribs, causing me to jump slightly away from him. “Did you find out what happened?” he asked, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me closer to him. I buried my head into his chest. His heart beat wildly in his chest cavity. I placed a lightly kiss against the tanned skin of his chest.

“Nah, I couldn’t find Max, and I didn’t go searching for Ronnie or Omar…” I mumbled.

“Oh, okay..” he placed the book back up to his nose.

I let my eyes slip shut.

“Nikki? You okay?” Robert watched her furiously walk down the stairs and attempt to race past him. He put out his arm, and caught her. He hurriedly pulled her into his arms, upon feeling her collapse into his arms. Her knees instantly gave out from underneath her. He pulled her as close to him as possible, almost squeezing her. Her broke down there, tears streaming down her face, brining with them her dark make-up. Robert brushed his hand through her hair, his shirt becoming wet and darkened by her make up.

“He… He Broke….Broke… Up..” she choked. Even Robert’s strength couldn’t keep her from falling. She slowly slid down his chest, piling herself at his feet. He bent down and brought her into another hug.

“Shhh…” he hushed, brushing her hair again. He rested his chin on the crown of her head. She sobbed quietly into his chest.

“Rory? Listen?” Bryan shook me from my slumber. I lazily slapped Bryan’s chest, punishing him for waking me.

“Damn you..” I murmured, rolling over in the small space I had to roll over. He turned and shook me again.

“Wake up you lazy woman…” he licked my neck before breathing on it. I gained uncontrollable shivers, keeping me awake.

“What!!?” I threatened, reaching my hand over and placing it between his legs, threateningly.

“Hey, settle now, we are in the public view, save it…” he snickered, shaking me again. “Listen, you hear that?”

I strained my ears. And in the distance I could hear the faint yelling and screaming of Ronnie, cursing and swearing at Omar. Who wasn’t even in the house at the time.

“Is that Ronnie?” I shuffled over, turning to face Bryan’s full beaming face. He smiled at me.

“Yes, and he is yelling at himself…” Bryan giggled. My face drooped. Once Bryan realised it, he stop laughing and retained a serious look.

“That’s not funny, he is obviously having a bad day..” I got up, pushing Bryan away, and walked towards the house. As I turned my back and walked, I heard Bryan’s pleas for me to stay. I ignored them and continued on.

“Babe! You know I didn’t mean it…” he pleaded.

As I closed the door behind me my eyes were firmly set on two beings in the middle of the room. As they heard the door shut, they both looked at me, their beady eyes reflecting the bright light that hung from the roof. It was Robert and Nikki. Robert seemed to be sheltering Nikki from something and her eyes were red around the edges.

“Uh? Something wrong?” my eyes darted between the two beings. Robert looked down at Nikki, who looked back at him and nodded before pushing him away. Robert got up and walked past me, not making any eye contact.

“Nikki? Everything alright?”

She got up, and grasped my shoulders. Her dark eyeliner had spread across her cheeks. I reached out and wiped some away.

“Ronnie broke up with me….”

My mouth dropped…..