Why Do You Love Me

It's Too Late, To Catch Me Now.

“Come on, Ave! Don’t be such a chicken. The water’s perfect,” said Jack while he tread water, in the sea.

Avery Landers watched him from the edge of a cliff, very high from the ground. “Don’t worry. I’ll catch you, babe. I promise,” he assured her. She nodded. She knew she was going to regret every second of being out there, but that didn’t stop her. Avery trusted her boyfriend. She trusted him too much, actually.

Avery shut her eyes tight. She took a deep breath and waited for the right moment to jump, but something dreadfully horrible happened at that very moment.

She slipped on some wet grass, but grabbed onto the vines which were hanging off the cliff, to prevent her from falling any further. When she looked down, her heart stopped for a moment. She noticed the sharp rocks right below her and knew that the only way she was going to stay alive was if someone were to pull her back up onto that cliff.

“Jack!” she yelled. “Push yourself off the cliff, backwards, away from the rocks,” Jack called out. “I can’t,” she burst out in tears.

“Hold on tight, Ave. I’m coming up to get you.” Without the slightest hesitation, Jack got out of the water and climbed up the cliff. “I can’t hold on any longer. Jack, hurry,” she screamed.

Jack eventually reached the top and stuck out his arm for her to grab onto. All she had to do was push herself a little more and hold onto it for dear life. Thinking everything was going to be all right, a smile crept upon Jack’s lips.

“I can’t!” she yelled for the last time before she let go of the vines. “I can’t,” she whispered just as she fell into the water, and her head against the rocks.

“Avery!”


***

I watched as her mother lay her head on Avery’s chest. She started talking. Talking as though Avery was right there beside her, as though she was merely asleep, and definitely not dead. She held Avery’s hand and whispered her name into her ears, but Avery did not respond. There was no sudden movement, just her chest going up and down, a sign that she is indeed still alive and breathing.

Before leaving the hospital room, her mother shot me a death glare. I hung my head low and walked towards Avery’s lifeless body.

“I’m sorry.” I sat down beside her and kissed her cheek.

I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry. Every single day, two whole years, the same old phrase.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wheeeee! Do you like it, so far? It's not long before she wakes up. x]

I decided to start a new story because I thought I might start writing again. :D
Also because my other story is crap. x]
I put it on hiatus so I'll have time for this.
I'll try to update when I can.

In the mean time, I would really appreciate more banners, comments and definitely subscriptions!

xx. Heaven.