There's No Turning Back

Chapter 2

I got to school a few minutes before first bell. I went to my locker to get my books 'Hey Kelie." Alida said appearing next to me. "Hey Alida, How you doing?" I said opening my locker and grabbing my morning books. I saw a note on top of some of my books. I knew who it was from, my boyfriend; I opened the letter and read the first few lines.

"Kelie- there isn't an easy way to put this.. I felt my legs give out "Kelie what's wrong?" Alida said I handed her the note for her to read. I didn't bother reading the rest because I knew that it was over. "He's a jerk; you were to good for him anyway." I looked over at her "I have to get to class." I said standing up and grabbing my books. I slammed my locker shut and walked to the science and art hallway.

He was already gone. Of course he was who would want to deal with their ex-girlfriend. I sat down next to Julia. My face was bright red and i knew my make-up was running. "Oh Kelie what’s wrong?" I gave her the note without looking up. When she finished she gave me a hug and asked "Do you want me to beat him up for you?" I shook my head no as the bell for first period rang. She handed the note back to me and said “I’ll see you in theology." I walked into my first class, English, and took my set at the back of the class. I opened the note and started to read it:
Dear Kelie,
There isn't any easy way to put this. With my harsh hockey schedule and your track schedule it'll be impossible to see each other. Even the brief time i am free, I'm just too tired. To me, being a boyfriend is serious and hard work. A good boyfriend's job is to make his girl's life better and happier. I honestly don't think I can do that.

Please don't let this affect who you are, and never doubt yourself. You're a really cool girl, and your going to find a guy who can really dedicate his time to you. I'm not that guy, so I remind you, this is nothing about you.

I don't think we have enough in common. I think one day we'll both find someone who we like for who they are, not what they look like or anything else like that. I'll always be your "old man'. Thanks for everything, lets be friends.
Erik-

I read the note over and over again. I didn't care if anyone saw me crying they would just think the same thing they always do. That I'm the weird emo freak. Why did he do this? Nothing in common, we had tons in common. I wrote him a note myself. It wasn't angry it was just asking why, and telling him that he was wrong. When I finished the note I sat their waiting for the bell to ring. When the bell finally did ring i got up and walk to his locker. It took me a few tries to get his lock open but when I finally did I opened it and put the note inside.

I was in art now and I didn't even know what I was supposed to be doing. Hell I didn't even know what i was drawing. I didn't finish it because my teacher Mrs. Thorman. "Kelie please your a great artist but you need o stay on topic." I turned the page and drew the assignment.

At the end of class I looked back at what i was drawing earlier. It was Erik and it was really good, I've never said that about any of my drawings none. The face was so symmetrical and the shading was perfect. I looked around to see that everyone was gone and I was the only person in the room.

~time elapse~
I walked home after school. I hadn't seen Erik all day and I couldn't go to practice. I realized that I couldn't really go home without my dad asking what happened; and I really didn't feel like telling him. I turned the corner to find a park. I walked up the path to the swing-set. I sat down and pushed myself back and forth on the swing. "I still can't believe this why did he do that?" I said to myself. I took out my phone and looked at the time. It was 4:00 I had been here for about an hour.

I opened my phone and looked though the contacts and found Erik's number. I pressed options and sent a new txt message. 'Why" I sent the message and waited.
♠ ♠ ♠
please comment
ant if you like the story
subcribe
i shwll love you forever if you do
and if you like this story read my others
forever Kyle~