There's No Turning Back

Chapter 5

I didn't bother telling my parents about the brake up mainly because i was in denial and hoping that we would get back together soon.

I walked into school the next day before first bell. I was getting my books when Ellen appeared next to me. "Hey Kelie."
"Hey Ellen." I was almost finished getting my books when some girl came next to my locker. 'are you the girl that was going out with Erik?"
"Um yeah."
"well if you ever say that to him again, You'll be in the office."
"what'd ii say?"
"that you'd kill him.'
"I never said that in my note i said 'I'll try and stop my friends from killing you; because of what you did to me."
'well don't do it again otherwise you'll be in the office.' and with that she walked away. I stared into my locker, moved some of my books with the tip of my finger as if i was looking for something.

"What a bitch." Ellen said looking down the hall after her. I closed my locker and took my books and went over to the other building for class.

~Time ellipse~

The day went by like a blur. I don't even remember if i went to practice today. But i do remember the worried faces of my friends. I didn't really speak much unless i was called on in class. My friends tried to make things better by say how much Erik was a jerk, dumb-ass, or dick-head. Alida even wrote him the funniest letter. She of course would never give it to him now because of the bitch that showed up at my locker this morning. It said stuff like "your gay." "You have to be either crazy or gay to break up with my friend." the funniest was "your are gay, crazy, transsexual dumb-ass to break up with her." It truly made me laugh and it made me feel good to make fun of him for that short period of time.

I walked into my house to see Drew sitting on the couch watching TV. "How come you weren't at practice the other day?" he asked not looking up from the TV. "I wasn't feeling well." I said which wasn't a complete lie. I did feel sick and my head hurt from all the crying. I went up to my room and turned on the computer. when it finally loaded I signed onto AIM.

689dark-fairy Hey Connor
living-it-up192 hey Kellie what's up?
689dark-fairy Um you know about my bf Erik right
living-it-up192 yeah why
689dark-fairy he broke up with me yesterday
living-it-up192 WHAT!?! Why/
689dark-fairyidk he Say's we have nothing in common and I'm emo
living-it-up192 Emo? your the happiest person i know
> other then me haha
689dark-fairy I know i still like him like him and i know i shouldn't
living-it-up192 just forget about him
689dark-fairy I'll try
>Thanks Connor your the best
living-it-up192 welks

i logged off and put my hat on and went downstairs

My parents weren't home because they were at report card night at school. i looked out the window into the backyard. The old swing set was rocking back and forth from the wind the old sheds shutters were also flapping against the shed. I opened the back door and headed out towards the shed.

I hadn't been in here in years. Drew and i had once made this our own club house when we were about 7 & 8. I looked around the room there were pictures, chairs, and melted crayons upon the floor. i picked up one of the pictures; it was one my mom took when we were about 9. It was a picture of us and some of our old friends. Friends i hadn't seen in years. They moved away a couple years ago and i haven't heard from them since. Alexander and Edward Shane. we were great friends; i wish they were sill here they always made everything more fun.

I put the picture down and sat down in the corner

~flashback~

"Kellie ........Kellie where are you?" Edward called. We were playing a game of hid and seek. I giggled and put my head down. I was hiding behind one of the tables that had a floor length
cloth. "Kelie...."I heard the door to the shed open. "Kelie.. " he was moving towards the table. I saw him pull up the table cloth up. "I found you." he said quietly. I nodded my head yes and was about to get up but he dropped the sheet in my face and ran outside. "She's not in the shed," Edward said. I walked to the window apparently he found Drew and Alexander. "where is she we've looked everywhere could she be." they all had their backs toward the shed other then Edward. I walked over to the door; i opened it and ran for the near by tree and hid behind it.

I peered out from behind the tree to see that all but Edward were still facing away. I walked quietly up behind Drew and Alexander. Edward saw me doing this but didn't say anything or do anything to stop me. When i finally got right behind them i screamed on the top of my lungs. "Ahhh......What the hell Kelie!" Drew said after he recovered. Alexander on the other hand was still on the ground with his covering his ears. I poked him on the back. He looked up and saw me. his wide eyes turned into tiny slits; he stood up and punched my arm. "What the hell was that for?"
"It was funny!"
"And why didn't you tell us that she was behind us?" Alexander asked Edward
"because 3 against 1 isn't fair" Edward said shrugging his shoulders

~end flashback~

I sat up and moved towards the book case which was stocked with papers, old cameras, my disembodied Barbie doll heads, and some books. i looked out the window my parents were home and the wind had died down. When i walked inside my parents were standing at the counter. "Hey honey, you did really well on your report card." I looked up at my parents. "honey what’s wrong?" my mom said coming over and hugging me. “Erik broke up with me." I said putting my head back down to look at my report card. i had passed all my classes. “Oh honey I'm sorry, well there's always more fish in the sea." my dad said. After awhile I went upstairs to do my homework.