Just Want Your Heartbeat on Top of Mine

I Can‘t

She could be money, cars, fear of the dark, your best friends or just strangers in bars.

-Oliver’s P.O.V-

Curtis laid in the extra bed in Katy’s room sleeping, with her hoodie wrapped around his body, taking her scent in as much as he could.

He got the best but maybe worse surprise of his life two weeks ago at the doctors office, Katy had thrown money together, and paid for Curtis to get a ear plug, and hearing aid. The doctor couldn’t give the money back, and that same weekend, Curtis was fitted, and now had his hearing almost back to normal from when we were little.

He was happy for a few days, then it all went away, when he realized, Katy wasn’t awake to make him smile or for him to say thank you, and that hurt him deep down, more then anything.

He was paler then usual, he was dropping weight rapidly, and the only person to get him to smile was Michelle, who laid behind him right now with her arms around his waist, breathing matching his, Katy did always say they would end up together.

David, what can I say about him, he was sitting across from me on the other side of Katy’s bed. He cried a good hour when he saw her, he blamed himself, then soon put the blame on me saying if I hadn’t gone out with SJ, she wouldn’t have been so upset, and then she wouldn’t have had to of gotten drunk, then he turned the blame onto my brother, and I lost it, I punched him, which is now the reason for the great shiner on his face.

I looked around the room, pictures, scattered the walls, drawing from her nieces tapped to the wall, band’s sent in posters, some sent in cards, a lot sent in photo’s of them with her, begging her to get better. Johnny Truant came in and Olly, the lead singer, brought in a picture of him, Katy, and I in Dublin Ireland just six months ago in front of a Pub, with crazy faces, I always seemed to find myself staring at that one.

Gazing over to Katy’s sleeping body, I watched as her chest lifted and feel slightly. The quilt laid softly on top of her, her hair laid spread out on her pillow, I laid her puppy in her arms while the other two stuff animals laid on the end of her bed. My v-neck laid really lose on her, because she was rapidly losing weight, and she couldn’t eat she was in a coma.

“Please Oli, my life is in your hands.” Katy’s image was still there. I still saw her, she still talked to me, but I tried to ignore her, but sometimes just sometimes I would talk back. I couldn’t help it. It was sometimes as if she was really there, right in front of me.

“I don’t have much time Oliver, if you just start trying to help me, they want to pull the plug, ask Krista, I’ve heard them say it. Please, I can’t stand to see you lose me. I have secrets you need to know.” Katy put her hand on mine. It was like this everyday, she would beg me to help her, she would put her hand on mine. She would stare at me and then stare at her body then she would go where ever she pleased, I was never quite sure where she went, and it didn’t really matter she wasn’t real. She was just an image.

I was woken from my thoughts with Krista slamming the door shut. Everyone jumped a few feet in the air and looked to Krista. Tears were falling down her face, and she looked breathless.

“What in Bloody Hells name was that?” Michelle voice croaked, sitting up with her hair standing up everywhere a little.

“It was just Krista love.” Curtis mumbled wiping the drool from the outside of his mouth and rubbing the sleep from his mouth. I furrowed my eyes brows and stared at Krista taking in her emotions in.

“They want to cut Katy, they want to let her dye.” Krista sniffled going threw the charts again. I can’t let her dye, they won’t let her dye. I need to tell her I love her. I need to hear her tell me she loves me, I need to feel her soft lips on mine.

“No, I won’t let them.” Curtis jumped out of bed. He started to leave the room. Krista put the file back in the slot at the end of the bed.

“Curtis, your not paying to keep her alive, the hospital is, they are going to give her a week, and if she’s not recovered by then, they are going to pull the plug, unless you guys can pay her bills, and I know you can’t.” Krista looked to the ground. Shame was evident in her eyes. That’s when it hit me.

Katy’s life was in my hands, and if this was really Katy’s body, soul, ghost, what ever it blimey was, I needed to pull myself together, and maybe, just maybe my crazy self could save her.

Katy laid her hand on her own cheek. God, how that sounds so confusing in my own head, but she did, and she frowned, as Katy’s monitor got faster again.

“I need to take a walk. I’m going to go to my mum’s and tell Tom.” I looked at Katy who looked at me. I believe she got the message. Turning around I left the room, ready to break myself, and cry, I hadn’t let myself cry this week, in fear, it would make Curtis cry even more. I needed to be strong. I needed to be here for everyone.

When we were out of the hospital I looked at Katy’s image.

“So what do I have to do?” I mumbled kicking a rock and watching it skip into a puddle from the rain.
♠ ♠ ♠
Readers: 86;
Subscribers: 13
Comments: 23

Um I havent picked a winner I've been busy, and I got some pretty depressing news today. :( So I could use some comments to cheer me up.

The Lyrics are from a Maine Song

and also go read my Tom story it will get better I promise.