Just Want Your Heartbeat on Top of Mine

Your Close, Your Barley Hanging On, Your Skin and

I’ve got friends, in many different stages, but it seems, their always doing better then me.

4 Months Later/March 2008

Curtis sat with Oliver, and Mr. and Mrs. Sykes, in Dr. Stanford’s office as he took his glasses off and sighed deeply and looked up at Curtis.

“Mr. Ward, she can go home, but you have to realize her going home means she’s your responsibility, she has to go to therapy, physical therapy, and you have to make sure she takes her meds, she’s in your hands, and I’m not sure your ready for all this on your plate. Your sister barley remembered her name, she didn’t even remember that her parent’s are dead.” Dr. Stanford looked Curtis in the eyes. Curtis frowned and looked down at his chipped nails and sighed.

“Sir, with all do respect, my sister has taken care of me for years, woke me up for school, made sure our band made it to the shows, she even helped us get gigs. She feed me, she even saved up money for me to get hearing aids so I could get my hearing aids, I think it’s my turn to take care of my little sister, it’s supposed to be that way. Plus, I’ll have Oli, Tom, Michie, the band, Alisz, and Oli and Tom’s parents. I just want my sister home.” Curtis stared down at the papers in his hands, as Mr. and Mrs. Sykes shook their heads yes in agreement to Curtis.

“Well Krista says you passed all the test, to help her get to the bathroom, and you ran threw her schedule and did everything on time. Curtis I hope you know what your getting yourself and other around you into. Just know she will get frustrated, she want’s to walk and her learning how to walk again, is mentally tearing her.” Dr. Stanford signed some papers and looked up at Curtis and Oli, and his parents.

“I will have Krista come in and check in on the place you will be living, it says here you sold the loft and you guys brought a one story right down the street from the Sykes house. I am glad to see your out of the loft, it will be easier access for her. Says here it’s passed for wheel chair safe to. So this is where I have no choice to but to let your sister go. Curtis failure to keep up to these will end your sister back up in here.” Dr. Stanford signed another paper and handed it to Curtis.

“Thank you so much sir, I will take good care of her I promise.” Curtis shook the doctors hand, along with Oliver who held it extra tight. He couldn’t believe he was shaking hands with the man that almost killed the girls of his dreams.

It all pretty much clicked in Oliver mind, he was right back at the start. He had to win Katy’s heart all over again, he was going to have to help her learn how to walk all over again, he was going to have to do so much all over again.

“This all takes time Curtis, again, if you ever need help don’t be afraid to ask, were here to help your sister.” Dr. Stanford yelled as they all left the office.

“Everything’s going to be okay Oli, she’s coming home, we don’t have to worry about her eating shitty hospital food anymore. Besides, she’ll have us her friends, and her best friend.” Curtis patted Oli’s back as they made their way to Katy’s room.

Oli slowly opened the door to Katy’s room, where she sat in her bed reading with the TV on in the background, playing The Three Stooges. Something Katy once hated, she now got a kick out of it.

Curtis turned the TV off and smiled at Katy. Katy closed her book and set it at her bedside and smiled up at her brother and took her reading glasses off that she now needed, since the accident.

Oli walked to her bedside and looked at the book, Angela’s Ashes it was one of her favorite books, he remembered how she forced him to read the book, so maybe not everything was back from the start, just some things.
“You get to go home. Your in our hands, now.” Curtis hugged his sister causing her to laugh as she hugged him back. It was music to Oli’s ears to hear her laugh.

“Oli when we get home can we cuddle, like we used to?” Katy looked to Oli who smiled and nodded his head. One thing that Katy remembered was how she would lay on top of Oli with her ear pressed to his chest and she could hear the rhythm of his heart.

“I just want your heartbeat, on top of mine.” Oli leaned over and kissed the side of Katy’s forehead, he knew he was in for a long road of recovery, but he was ready, he was ready to make Katy happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Readers: 152;
Subscribers: 26;
Comments: 36;
Stars: 5!!!!

Thank you to whoever subscribed to this story, and the comments you all gave me, be on the look out for the sequel, it will be out very soon! Please leave a comment, and if you comment you just might get a surprise :) But if you don't comment you may never know.