Just Want Your Heartbeat on Top of Mine

Never Let Go

Blinded by the lights, hold you through forever, never let you go.

Katy cracked her eyes open slightly and looked around the room and down at her body, she was still in David’s v-neck and his sweats, which she was thankful for. She looked to her right to see David sleeping on his stomach with drool slightly sweeping from his soft lips. Smiling, Katy gently got out bed and set her feet on the ice cold wood floors making her jump back slightly and then finally set her feet on the boards.

Walking out of the room quietly and skipping the squeaky floor boards she walked down the hall to the guest room hoping to see her best friend, but only found her other best friend Michie in the arms of her boyfriend Kyle, David’s best friend. Sighing she started down the hall more to the other guest room only to find Alisz, sleeping in the arms of Tom, who had a bottle of Vodka in his hand.

Katy just frowned more and made it towards the stares taking them two at a time. Looking into the living room, it was hectic, plastic cups scattered the coffee table, and bottles of Jack Daniels, Vodka, and Rum scattered threw out couch and the mantle of the fireplace.

Shaking her head she piled the cups into a tall tower and walked into the kitchen where to her surprise it was clean, she threw away the cups into a trash bag, and went back to the living room and picked up the bottles and brought them back into the kitchen where she noticed it was one in the afternoon. She threw the empty bottles away and put the rest in the liquor cabinet.

Walking to the fridge she noticed a note on the fridge. It was written in his hand writing.
Chelsea Love,
Sorry I didn’t make it to your party last night I was out with SJ, and I lost track of time, and soon I saw it was five in the morning so I thought I should head home, and when I got here it was trashed, so I cleaned the stair well and the kitchen for you with the help of Curtis. I’m sorry I missed your birthday party, I really am. We’ll have to make it up when I come back from the US tour. When you get this letter wake my brother up, and remind him I leave today, and be sure to be at the O’Brien’s to see us off, I would be hurt if you weren’t there. I love you Chelsea, happy 19th birthday sweet heart.
Love,
Olive S.

P.S. I didn’t get you anything because I’m going to buy you something in the states.


Katy’s eyebrows scrunched together, he was the only one who called her Chelsea. Right now she wasn’t sure he had the right to call her Chelsea though, he had gone out with SJ instead of spending her nineteenth birthday with her. She wasn’t sure what hurt more, the fact he missed her birthday party or that he was with SJ when he missed her party.

Shaking her head she scrunched up the letter and decided it was best to wake up Tom, and everybody so they could say goodbye to her brother and her so called best friend.

----

Katy put her hands in the pockets of her Drop Dead sweatshirt and walked along side David who had his arm around her waist trying to keep her warm from the cold October air.

Tom, Michie, and Alisz playfully pushed each other around as the walked closer to the pub, you could hear the laughter in their voices, and Kyle talking to his mom on his cell who was yelling at him for calling her in the middle of the night.

As the pub came into sight, Katy’s heart started to beat faster, she was for sure that it was over her little secret that nobody knew about, not even he knew her secret. David leaned over a little and kissed Katy’s temple, Katy looked up and gave David a slight smile back and kissed the side of his lips.

“Aw there’s my little sister!” Curtis ran over to Katy who got out of David’s grip and opened her arms to her older brother. Hugging him he swayed side to side taking in what could be the last hug from her for the next two months.

“Your birthday party was off the hook!” Lee commented and took Katy in his arms and hugged her and kissed her cheek.

Katy just nodded but didn’t feel her birthday was really a birthday party with out him there.
Looking around Katy didn’t see Oliver in site. Frowning she watched as her boyfriend had a talk with her brother Curtis, and watched Alisz and Michie say goodbye to their brothers and kiss their cheeks.

“Looking for Oliver, Love?” Tom leaned against the brick wall with Katy, who just nodded and reached in her pocket for a cigarette.

“You know Love, those will kill ya’ some day?” Oliver’s voice rang out of nowhere and was now right beside her on her other side leaning against the brick wall.

“Like you care.” Katy muttered and took a puff of her new port and passed it to Alisz, who held her hand out for a puff.

“Oh, come on Chelsea, don’t treat me like this.” Oliver muttered and stood in front of Katy, which got the attention of David.

“Treat you like what Oliver? Like the chump you are?” Katy’s voice raised getting the attention of the rest of the band, and David worried.

“Don’t be so bloody hurt that I missed one fucking birthday out of many more your to have!” Oliver poked his finger into Katy’s chest, which set her off, Katy quickly pushed Oliver causing his eye brows to furry.

“Don’ be BLOODY hurt? Huh, that’s funny, you were on tour last year for my 18th birthday, I don’t hurt so much that you missed my birthday, I hurt because you spent it with your slut SJ! When you could have been their wishing me the best of wishes, and it was your guys going away party, the fact that Matt N was there and you weren’t hurt very much also!” Katy fully blew out causing Tom to put his arms around her waist to keep her from lunging at his older brother.

Oliver got off the cold wet sidewalk and stood straight in front of Katy his face in her face.

“You’re a bitch you know that?” Oliver looked her cold stone in the eyes and told her those words, the words that changed everything.

“Your right I’m a bitch for being hurt, I’m sorry I ever called you my best friend Sykes.” tarring away from Tom’s grip, Katy ran off back towards the loft she shared with him and her friends.

Everyone just stared at Oliver, who looked back at everyone.

Oliver looked up at the sky and screamed. “Fuck!” Stomping off to the bus everyone stayed silent.

“I’ll go after her.” David kicked a pebble, with a frown on his face. He hated it when Oliver and Katy fought it meant a sour mood she would be in, and this was his last week Sheffield before he headed back Denver with Kyle to record.

“Thanks, and tell my sister I bloody love her, and my phone will be on when she wants to talk.” Curtis patted David’s back as he ran off in the direction of the loft.

“Never let go.” Oliver whispered as he stared at a photo of him and Katy, at Prom three years ago, with his arm around her and her arms around his waist smiling holding him tightly.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I belive this was a super long chapter forgive me? I love it though, it's a good starter don''t you agree?

Lyrics: Skyway Avenue - We The Kings ( I love that song.)