Status: Currently on hiatus.

We Let It All Slip Away

Why didn't you believe me?

We eventually arrived in Iowa, but we were fast asleep to realise it. Mum said she wouldn't drive us down the road until we were both awake, but seeing as Brian was fast asleep, it was going to take a few hours.

I started to pinch and poke Brian, but he wouldn't wake. He was always known as the deepest sleeper in the family, so there was no way we would've woke him.

We drove around the suburb a few times, just to get a taste of what's going to be here. There was a massive park where loads of teenagers probably hung out. There were mainly skateboarders there, and then there was a bench kind of thing where the goths/emos hanged out. I started to realise that maybe living here wouldn't be so bad, seeing as I could already spot out people who are just like me.

I continued to stare at the window, until the car stopped. I looked over to Brian who was now snoring, then over to mum who was staring at me.
"What?" I said, looking blankly at her.
"Nothing. Do you like it here?" She asked, pulling the keys out the car.
"Suppose." I shrugged.
"How about school?" She asked. She continued to look at me, with her face full of worry.
"I don't know... I mean, me and Brian have probably missed a load of work and that..." I sighed. I was scared about going back to school in the first place, I didn't want to meet teachers who could possibly be worst than the ones in Scotland, or bullies that could be even more violent.
"Could always get home taught..." Mum shrugged. Home taught?! I hope I get to pick the teacher. I started day dreaming about being home taught and all that. I hinted this out to mum back in Scotland, but she didn't fall for it. She didn't believe me when I told her I was getting grief off my teachers, but she soon believed me when she noticed I was getting pushed and shoved around school.

Flashback

I walked home, clinging to all my folders, shaking. I was looking around me, hoping that one of them girls wern't stalking me home.

I felt the blood drip down my left cheek as I turned the sharp corner onto my street. As much as I didn't want my mum to notice, it was quite impossible.

I went through the gate, and knocked on the door, attempting to wipe the blood stain on my art coursework. Brian had opened the door and gasped immediately.
"Chaz?! What happened?!" He said, making way for me to come in. "Chaz?" He asked once again, as I ignored him, walking upstairs.
"What?!" I shouted, throwing my coursework to the bottom of the stairs.
"What happened?" He asked, shutting the door.
"I'm not fucking going back to that fucking school!" I shouted.
"Hey! Stop with the swearing you tw...CHAZ?!" Mum said storming out the kitchen, then seeing my now bloody face.
"She won't tell me what happened!" Brian sighed, picking up all my work.
"The bullies. They threw a smashed glass at my head. Punched and kicked me. Shouted abusive words into my ears..." I whimpered, collapsing on to the stairs, bloody tears rolling down my face onto my school shirt.
"Why haven't you told me about these bullies?!" Mum asked, worried.
"Cause you thought I was lying about my teachers mum! How do you think I'd feel if I told you I was getting bullied and you didn't believe me?!" I asked, glaring at her.
"She's got a point." Brian shrugged, going back into the lounge.

~

We had made our way to the school the next day. I had a pretty visable cut on the top of my eye from where the bottle had landed, and major bruises on my arm. I wasn't attending this school anymore. Actually, I wasn't attending school at all.

We had arrived at school, and my mum was fuming.
"I want to speak to a headteacher or anything! Can you see what students from THIS school has done to MY daughter?!" She shouted at the receptionist.
"I can clearly see that, but the thing is ma'am, this isn't the schools problem. It's your daughters and the people who did that to her's problem." The receptionist nodded as she continued typing.
"What?! So you're not doing nothing about this incident?! No fucking wonder this schools down on the league table. The school sucks anyways." Brian said, slamming his hands on the table.
"Please leave." The receptionist demanded. Brian stuck his tongue out at her as me and my mum left. I kicked the trashcan over as we left the school for good.

End of flashback.

"Mum, why didn't you believe me about my teachers?" I sighed.
"Cause everyone complains about their teachers giving them hard times, Chaz. They just act hard on you so you can get further." She smiled.
"Yeah but, my teachers always told me I wouldn't get anywhere..." I sighed once again. My mum always tried reassuring me, but it never worked.
♠ ♠ ♠
I got reminded to update by Chaz ahah. Well, here's another chapter, and I'll try and update more often. Enjoy. :)

OH AND COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE. :)