Status: Finished

Holding You 'Til Our Time Is Done

Coffee Shop Soundtrack

After I had dropped Carolina off at the day-care, I stopped by Starbucks to kill time. I didn't worry about being late; Greg never really cared. I stepped out of my car, and went into the building. The aroma of ground coffee and blueberry muffins flooded into my nose, making the smell feel like home. I stood in line patiently; an abstract gift that was passed on by my mother.

A guy in front of me received his coffee, and turned around swiftly, bumping into me, spilling the contents of his cup onto my blouse. I gasped. Not because it was hot - it was freezing cold. He started apologizing quickly. I looked up at his face and starting laughing immediately.

"Why are y-. Oh, shit, Isabella, I'm so sorry." Rian laughed, and awkwardly pulled his hands to his sides.

"Rian, it's fine. Don't sweat it, It's only a shirt, I'll have it dry cleaned tomorrow." I shrugged, waving my hand off at him nonchalantly.

"Well, at least let me buy you a coffee?" He asked politely. "I have to buy myself another now, too." I looked at the spill remains on the floor as a very depressed looking boy came to clean it up. That must be miserable; to work at a place were really preppy girls and guys came in all the time. I wouldn't do it.

"Sure, sure. If you insist." I got him to order a Vanilla Bean Frap. while he got a regular coffee this time. I excused myself to the bathroom while he waited to examine the damage on my shirt. The bottom right was brown, but nothing serious. That was going to be fun to explain, though.

Rian rode to work with me, he had taken the bus this morning since he didn't feel like driving. The talked about work, music, and life in general. I told him that I loved working at the studio, my favorite band was Cobra Starship, and I informed him about Carolina being born and Paul. He told me a lot about himself as well, and I determined he was easier to talk to then I had first thought.

I pushed him as we entered the building, he was joking about the stain on my shirt. I decided to just go with him to Greg's office, since everyone was meeting up in there. I was hesitant; Alex wasn't the main person I was willing to see.

I entered the room, nevertheless, and took a seat on the sofa next to Greg. Alex was sitting on a table by himself, scribbling into a notebook. Jack and Zack where in chairs and Rian took a seat on the floor.

"Do you guys ever do any work?" I asked.

"Do you?" Jack joked, shaking his head.

"More than you five, most likely. Of course, I get stuck with whatever Greg throws on my desk, which is normally his work too." I shot back, glaring playfully.

"Lies!" cried Greg, waving his arms in the air for extra dramatic effect.

"Sure, sure. What are you guys doing today?" I wondered out loud.

"Not sure, maybe some more recording. What do you guys think?" Greg asked the four others. Everyone replied with a strong 'yeah or sure', while Alex only mumbled a 'doesn't matter.'

"What happened to your shirt, Isabella?" Zack questioned, curiosity written on his face. I laughed while Rian blushed slightly.

"Rian spilled coffee on me at Starbucks." Everyone laughed, except Alex, who was to into whatever he was writing. "Well, I'm going to go see what you've planned for me today." I said, directed towards Greg. I left the office, sighing over dramatically.

Alex's Point of View.

So, they went to Starbucks together? Great. I'm sure the two of them will be together in no time. Not only was I beginning to realize I liked her more than she would like me, but her and Rian were getting cozy. I closed my notebook more roughly than called for and swung my legs over the edge.

"So, what are we doing today?" Jack asked, his tone bored.

"I figured we could start recording and working on Come One, Come All. Is that fine with you guys?" We all nodded, and Rian jumped up, the coffee in his blood stream. He ran out the door and in the direction of the studio. Jack shook his head and followed, and then Greg, Zack, and myself tagged along more slowly.

I was going to find a way to get her, I swear on it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry guys, I know this is terrible.
Things will speed up soon, I promise.