Status: Finished

Holding You 'Til Our Time Is Done

The Phrase That Pays

"Isabella, you need to go out more. Let your mom watch Carolina and go out with Zack and me tonight. I'll tell him to invite the other guys. Okay?" Whitney said, flipping through a magazine I had laying on my couch.

"You know how much I hate going to bars." I whined. It was true, I despised them.

"But you need to get out and have fun Isabella! Your always either at work or here at home. Get out some. Live a little.

"If I say you go, will you stop exaggerating my self-loathing?"

"Yes."

"Then I'll go." I caved in. She cheered happily, clapping her hands together and running up to my room. I followed quickly, wanting to see what she was up to.

"What are you going?" I asked, scared.

"Picking out your outfit." She said excitedly. I groaned, flopping backwards on my bed. There was no way of avoiding the inevitable. When Whitney set her mind to something, there was usually no way to shift it.

"Here." She said, throwing various articles of clothes at me. I sighed, glancing over at the attire she had picked out.

"For the record, I hate you." I said darkly.

"Love you too junior." She laughed, leaving to room so I could change.

[--]

"So, you got Zach to invite the other guys?" I asked as we drove to the bar downtown.

"Yep." She replied giddily. Alex. Greeeeatt. Note sarcasm.

"Sorry to ruin your little date thing. You couldn't gone with him alone." I said, hoping for a sign of letting my go back home.

"Your not getting out of this, Isabella. You're acting like this because you've never been out. You're going to have fun, trust me. Maybe you'll even meet a guy that you will like." She rambled on.

"I don't want to meet a new guys, Whitney. Not yet, that is. I've got a young daughter, a great job that's signing a new band that may become famous. I need to concentrate on my life right now, and not add another addition into it yet." I explained, adding in dramatic hand motions.

"You're lame, you know that, right?" She inquired.

"Yes, and I'm damned proud."

[--]

"Isabella! Have a drink!" Whitney shouted over the blaring music. Even though she didn't have to work tomorrow, since it was a Saturday, I did.

"No thanks! You drink it!" I yelled back. She shrugged her shoulders and gulped it down. I guess I would be the designated driver tonight. I talked to Rian, somehow, and realized he's a pretty cool guy. I could talk to him about anything, really. He wasn't drunk, he didn't feel like taking the chance of getting a STD.

"I'm going to go home, I'm worn out. I'll see you tomorrow?" Rian asked after a few hours of watching Whitney danced around with Zack and Jack like idiots. I wasn't sure where Alex was; not like I cared.

"Okay! Be careful driving home." The song wasn't completely loud, now. So I didn't have to yell. He glanced at me like 'what the hell.'

"Mother thing. Now go!" I laughed. He laughed, too, and left the club. I ordered a virgin margarita, sipping on it slowly through the straw. A shadow was casted on the bar top from the strobe lights and other flashing lights.

"Hey pretty lady." I grungy looking guy said to me. I nodded my head in his direction, but paid him not another second of attention. I could tell he was getting annoyed; he wanted my attention. I wasn't going to give it to him.

"Do you want to dance?" He asked. I shot him a glare, which didn't phase him. Dammit.

"No, thanks." I grabbed my drink and got up, fixing to walk to the other side of the bar. He grabbed my elbow, twisting me around.

"Com' on, don't be like that." He tried to sound smooth, but the several shots of Jack Daniels whiskey oozed from his breath, making me want to gag.

"Let. Me. Go." I hissed hatefully. His gripped only tightened, making me get nervous. Suddenly, an arm wrapped around my waist and I felt a body press into the back of mine.

"Hey baby, everything okay?" It was Alex. Not the person I would pray for, but definitely going to help. The less than attractive man huffed and stalked off towards another un-willing girl like myself.

"Thanks." I said, unwrapping Alex's arms from my waist.

"No problem." He said lamely, walking off. I sighed contently, sitting on a nice leather chair. I felt like going asleep; but I also felt like keep my STD-free body intact.

I ended up dancing with Whitney and Rian, which, as much as I would like to deny, was fun. I wasn't one to grind on people, but I got pretty into it. Whitney passed out in fell in Zach's arms, who was grinning like a maniac. Perv. I offered to take her home, but Zach insisted the he did, since he wasn't drunk. I threatened to beat him with a stick if a single hair was out of place on her head. He scurried off, carrying a half-sober Whitney.

I got in my car, driving home to attempt to sleep. I had 264375 things running through my mind.

...I wonder how Carolina is. Zach better take care of Whitney or I'm kicking his skinny ass. Why did Alex have to come save me from the creeper?...
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the lack or update.
This one's a little bit longer, though.

Please, for those who don't and are subscribed. And thanks for all of those who do! You fucking guys rock. I have a lot of stars, which is absolutely amazing. Thanks thanks thanks x92483275.