A Blink of an Eye

A Blink of an Eye. (11) Maybe...

After everyone had left the parking lot I leave Justin to go ask Selena if she wants a ride home.
"Oh, sorry Jess, Joe's taking me out. Last night of some good food before kemo tomorrow." Selena says.
"Ok, well then I guess its just you and me tonight." I say turning to Justin.
"Hey Justin, drive my car home will ya? We'll drive in Sel's car." Joe says to Justin.
"Kay. See ya at home Jess." Justin says and he drives off.
"Well, bye guys." I say and I go to my truck.
"JESS! WAIT!" Selena yells as she runs up to me.
"What?" I ask confused.
"Can you come with me to the doctor's tomorrow? Please?" Selena asks with a look of desperation on her face.
"I-I have to ask my mom." I stutter.
As much as I didn't think I could stand going with her I couldn't say no to her face. She looks so upset.
"Ok, that's totally understandable. It'll mean a lot to me if you come." Selena says giving me a small smile.
"I'll try my best." I say returning the smile.
"Great." Selena says and her smile turns into a huge grin.
"Well, you better get to your date. Bye." I say hugging her tightly.
"See ya!" Selena says as she runs back to her car.
The ride home went by like a blur. Everything that happened today was all I was thinking about. Good thing I could drive my way home with my eyes shut, because that's what I was basically doing. When I got home I hesitated going in. I didn't know what would await through those doors.
Nothing. Not one single noise in my house. I slowly crept up to my room, still nothing. I knocked on Joe's door to let Justin know I was here and to come to my room. I went into my room and waited. After a few minutes, Justin came stumbling in.
"Where is everyone?" I ask not even bothering to comment on him tripping into my room.
"Josh is on a date, Joe is on a date, and your mom and Perry went on a date." Justin says.
"Well, that's just lovely." I say sarcastically.
"Yea, let me tell ya." Justin replies just as sarcastic.
"So wanta watch a movie?" I ask.
"Duh." he says and he jumps on to my bed.
"Loser. What movie?" I ask laughing at him as he was still jumping on my bed.
"Ummm...whatca got? And I resent being called a loser." he replies making a very gay looking face that sends me into major laughing mode.
"I don't look and stop jumping on my bed." I say in between laughs.
"Geez, you need to lay off the crack." he says going to my movie stand.
"Ha ha funny." I say giving him a grin.
"I know. Ok, so how about X-men?" He says picking the first one he saw.
"Sure. Which one?" I ask just to bug him.
"UGH! I don't know! Let's just have a X-men marathon." Justin says.
"Fine by me. Put it in and I'll go get popcorn." I say while leaving.
After getting the popcorn I come back to find Justin half asleep on my bed.
"I didn't take that long. And you better stay awake for all the movies." I say hitting him while sitting next to him.
"Yea, yea." He replies.
As we watch the first movie I started to think instead of pay attention. I knew these movies by heart. Jason and I always watched them together.
"You know, Rouge was always Jason's favorite." I whisper softly as Rouge discovers her power.
"Really now?" Justin whispers back.
"Yup and Wolverine is mine." I say.
"Ya'll watched these movies a lot?" Justin asks. I look at him to see if he was just humoring me by talking but he really seemed to care.
"Let's just say I could probably recite the whole movie to you." I say laughing.
"Ok, so like insanely a lot." Justin says giving me a grin.
"You know, Selena asked me to come to the doctor's with her tomorrow." I say.
I had no clue why I was telling him all this. He probably didn't care at all but he was just so easy to talk to about these things.
"Are you going?" he asks softly.
"I don't know if I can handle it. I told her I had to ask my mom. It would kill her if I didn't show up but I just...don't know." I say.
"Jess, look at me. You can handle it. You've gone through so much and sure you've changed, but for the better. I mean this time last year you would never have been watching X-men in your room with ME...you would have been to stuck up for it. Anyways you can handle it, you're one of the strongest girls I know." Justin says.
I look into his eyes looking for some kind of sign that he was lying to me. Some way to get out of it. But all I saw was truth. I knew he was right. And maybe I could handle all of this. Maybe I could, I guess I won't know unless I try.
"Justin, thanks." I say leaning a bit closer.
"It's all true you know." Justin whispers.
At this point our heads were almost touching, my heart was racing, and I didn't have any voice telling me not to do this.
Then someone pounded on my door.
We jump apart so quickly that he almost fell off he bed. I couldn't help but to laugh. I got up and practically ran to the door.
Guess who was there...Perry.
"Hey." Perry says.
"What do you want?" I snap.
"We're back. We're going to bed. And I just wanted to say that I really didn't hit your mom. And please just hear me out." Perry says.
"Fine. I'm listening." I say.
"Ok, I was drunk. I knocked over the vase and she was under me and it went into her arm. That's it I swear. It was still my fault and I feel awful which is why I stayed sober tonight and took her out. I saw something in you today that made me realize just how much like Jason you are and made want to spend more time with you. If you would like that." Perry says in a rush.
"I guess that would be cool. But you have to be sober." I say.
"I figured as much. Like I said, you're a lot like Jason. So, I'll talk to you when I wanta hang out." Perry says slowly.
"Sounds good." I say giving him a smile.
"Night." We both say and laugh then head our separate ways.
Maybe this is the start of my life getting better.
"You and Perry huh?" Justin says as I take my seat next to him.
"Jealous?" I say joking around.
"Nope. It's good that you're getting along with him." Justin says.
We watch the rest of the movies in peace. Commenting on certain parts and me hitting Justin awake a bunch. During the middle of the last movie we heard Joe and Josh come home but they never came in my room. Towards the end of the last movie, around midnight, the doorbell rang. We exchanged weird looks and headed into the hall to see Joe and Josh both stopped at their doors and then all four of us exchanged looks. Then the doorbell rang again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please! :D hope you like. sorry it took a while. :D