A Blink of an Eye

A Blink of an Eye. (17) Excuse me?!

I sit on Joe's bed as Justin took every box out without saying a word to me. I pull my knees up and rest my head just listening to him move them trying not to cry. He didn't need to see that. I want to move, I want to go back to my room but I don't think I could walk anywhere. He comes back into the room and I feel the other side of the bed sink in as he sits down. I don't look up. I don't say anything. I feel small hands wrap around me, smaller hands then his. I look up suddenly to see that he wasn't in the room and it was Selena that had sat next to me.
"Jess..." Selena says softly hugging me.
"Don't. Not now. Not till he's gone." I say knowing that if we start to talk I'll cry.
"But Jess, he is gone. He just left and he asked me to come check on you." Selena says softly.
"But he left that box." I say pointing to a box in the corner.
"Go see what it is." Selena says pushing me towards it.
I tug the box towards me and realize it's not too heavy. On the top of the box it say -Justin's stuff, (JJ private)-. Seeing that I decide I'm not going to go through it. I don't know what it is but it's private.
"What is it?" Selena says coming up behind me.
"It's private. I'm not going through it. Though I'm taking it to my room so Joe won't either. If he comes back for it then I'll give it to him but I am not going to him." I say already making up my mind.
"So what happened with him this morning?" Selena asks as we walked the box to my room.
I filled her in on what was said leaving out that I think she was right. She seemed to notice I left something out so she sat and waited till I broke.
"Ok, so last night I had a dream..." I say quietly.
"Ooohhh. You took my advice. Hot and sweaty?" Selena says with a laugh.
"No. It was sweet though." I say with a small laugh.
"Sweet?" Selena says and I laugh at her face.
I explain the dream and she loses the ugly face and just keeps getting a bigger grin with each detail I tell her.
"It was easily the best moment in my life." I finish looking at her grin which basically made up her whole face.
"I TOLD YOU SO!" Selena yells and I jump.
"What?" I say.
"You so love him!!" Selena yells.
"SHUT UP!" I yell.
"Admit it and I will." Selena taunts.
"No I don't." I say refusing to give her bragging rights.
"Fine, don't admit it. But I won't shut up." Selena threatens.
"That's not a big threat. You never shut up." I tease.
She sticks her nose in the air and runs to the hallway.
"JESSICA LOVES--" Selena starts but I tackle her before she could finish.
"SHUT UP!" I yell.
"Then admit it." Selena says smirking.
"Fine. Yell it. I don't care." I say being stubborn as Josh and Dad walks up.
"Yell what?" Dad asks.
"Oh that Jess loves--" Selena starts but I put my hand over her mouth.
"Pie!" I say finishing her sentence.
"Sure..." Dad says not buying it.
"So, Dad, this is Selena." I say changing the subject.
"Hi. It's great to meet you." Dad says shaking her hand.
"You too." She says smiling.
"Ok, so since I love pie so much. How about we go to the pie shop down the road." I suggest.
"Sounds great." Selena says a little over excited.
I give her a look and she just grins.
"Let's go!!" Selena says pulling me to my car.
"Just follow us Dad!" I holler over my shoulder.
Selena and I get in my truck and Dad follows on his bike. We drive to the pie shop, Selena grinning the whole way there.
"Why are you so happy about this?" I finally ask as we park.
"Oh, it's just a great little shop." Selena says waving it away like her excitement was nothing.
"Ok, I'm not buying that. Why so excited?" I ask as we go inside.
Then I see why. Behind the counter are Joe and Justin, of course. I knew they had been talking about getting jobs but I never thought they would work here. They don't look up. They were busy today. I turn to Selena to she her looking sheepish now that I look mad.
"Selena." I say through gritted teeth but before I could scold her more Dad comes in.
"Well, girls go to the counter and order what ya'll want. I'll take a slice of apple. Here's money. I'll find a table." Dad says heading to a table in the corner.
"Come on, Jess." Selena says quietly pulling me.
"Selena, I'm going to kill you." I mumble.
"Nope, you're going to thank me." Selena says confidently.
Just then the door opens again and Matt, Miley, Ashley and some random guy came in.
"Well, you were going to." Selena says as the random guy goes and saves the table next to ours and the other three head towards the counter.
"Hi, welcome to Betty's Pie. How may I help you?" Joe says without looking up.
"Two slices of apple, and Lena you want pecan right?" I say.
"Yup." Selena says.
Joe and Justin both jerk their heads up. Justin looks shocked and upset but Joe looks happy to see us.
"Hey guys!" Joe says.
"Hey, so did you get that? Two apple and one pecan?" I ask.
"Yes, what are you doing here?" Joe says.
"Well, you know how Dad loves his pie." I say with a forced smile.
"Excuse me." a snobby voice says from behind us.
Selena and I turn around quickly.
"You're excused. You can leave." I say.
"Funny. But you're just talking. Some people would like to order." Ashley says.
"Then order. I'm not stopping you." I say and we step out of her way.
"Ok, let's see. One pecan for Jimmy, Matt you wanted blueberry and Miley and I want cream cheese." Ashley says.
"I want apple." Miley says.
"Miley, you need the cream cheese. We can't have you getting anymore fat." Ashley says turning to her.
All of our jaws drop. Ashley turns back to the counter and smiles.
"Don't know what she's talking about? She's like four of Miley." I say to Selena just loud enough for her to hear me.
"Excuse me?!" Ashley squeals as Miley snickers.
"What?" Selena say smiling.
"I am not four of Miley." Ashley snaps.
I look her and Miley up and down.
"You're right. You are more like ten of Miley. She's such a skinny chick." I say with a smirk.
"Excuse me?!" Ashley says in a high snobby voice.
"You really need to work on your comebacks." I say.
"Pie's ready!" Justin says handing us our pies. He didn't look at me and I did the same.
"Thanks." Selena says.
We leave Ashley looking furious. I however was in a much better mood. Well, until Ashley started flirting with Justin and Joe. I stabbed my pie. Dad kept small talking going but then got a call from his work and had to go. I moodily stabbed my pie again because Ashley didn't sit down with her guy or the others but stayed with Justin and Joe. Totally flirting.
"Admit it and I'll get her to leave." Selena says.
"What?" I say looking at her.
"I'll get her to run out of this place yelling. If you admit it." Selena says smiling.
"Selena, you are such a pain." I say.
"Admit it." Selena replies.
"Fine, I like him." I say.
"I'll take it. Just because I don't like her around Joe." Selena says.
She quickly crosses the place to the counter.
"Move." I hear her say loudly.
"Excuse me?!" Ashley says loudly. That was getting annoying.
"I'm trying to order." Selena says acting like Ashley. I start laughing.
"Ugh." Ashley says but she moves.
"I would like the messiest thing you have." Selena says loudly to Joe. Everyone had gotten quiet listening to Ashley and Selena so I guess it wasn't that loud.
"Ok." Joe says with a grin. He comes back with a piece of pie covered in whipped cream, strawberries, chocolate syrup, and marshmallows.
"Perfect." Selena says. Everyone was watching now.
"Good now you can leave. I was trying to talk." Ashley says stepping behind Selena. Bad move.
Selena turns around quickly and dumps it all over her. I die laughing breaking the silence. I cover my mouth trying to calm down. Ashley looks pissed.
"Bitch." Ashley says.
"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't see you." Selena says smiling.
"Yea, like I believe that. You totally did that on purpose." Ashley says. I jump up and cross the small place to where the counter was.
"Hey, where's my pie?" I say smiling at Selena.
"On Ashley." Selena says grinning.
"Oh." I say then I face her and go, "OH."
"Don't oh, it was probably you're idea." Ashley yells.
"Um, whatever." I say then I turn to Joe, "I'm gunna need another one of those."
"Sure. Accidents happen." Joe says laughing.
"Justin...can you get me a rag?" Ashley says totally flirting.
Justin looks up at her and you could tell he had been laughing. He looks at me quickly then nods.
"Here." Justin says and throws it to her.
"AH! Excuse me but I can't catch." Ashley squeals.
"Duh, Justin. She'll break a nail." I say rolling my eyes. He laughs and turns to get my pie.
"Here." Justin says handing it to me his eyes looking full of laughter. Happier than they have been.
"Thanks." I say with a grin.
"Excuse me." Ashley says coming behind me. She never learns.
I turn around but don't dump it on her. She runs into me and tries to spill it on me. Didn't work.
"Bitch." I mumble as I try to balance my plate and myself.
"Excuse me?" Ashley says hearing me.
"You heard me." I snap and she shoves me causing my plate to fly into the air and land on her. Everyone's mouths fall open. Ashley looks furious and runs outside and drives off. Serves her right.
"Can I get that one more time Joe?" I say smiling up at him.
"Sure." Joe says laughing and then he hands one to me and Selena and I walk to our table both laughing.
"She's so annoying." Selena says.
"I know. Always going. Excuse me?!" I say. Then we take turns acting like her.
"Excuusee me?!"
"Excusee me?!"
Then we hear laughter all around us and we stop and look. Everyone happened to be watching us.
Selena blushed and I laughed. Guess we were a bit loud. I look around and see Justin watching us laughing quietly to himself.
"Well Lena, you were right." I say.
"Aren't I always? But about what?" Selena says.
"I am thanking you for making sure we came here." I say smiling.
"Good." Selena says quietly then we go back to eating our pie.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok so comment. plz. I like this chp. It makes me laugh. Hope it makes you laugh to. If so Comment! :) Hehe. Ok. So comments! :))