A Blink of an Eye

A Blink of an Eye. (18) Don't let him leave

After the whole pie shop thing, I decided I was going to avoid that pie shop. Joe and Selena had a different idea. They kept making plans there. Selena said we had to keep going so she could make sure Ashley didn't flirt with Joe, while him and Justin were working. But Ashley didn't show her face in the pie shop again, until a week later. It's been a week, all week I've been thrown together with Justin and it's awkward. We don't talk much. We just sort of give each other shifty smiles.
"I told you she would show!" Selena says when Ashley walks in.
"Yea, a week later." I snap.
"Sorry, it took longer than I thought." Selena says.
"I doubt she'll stay long." I say.
"I think she'll flirt." Selena says.
Ashley didn't flirt. She ordered her pie, got it, and left. I gave Selena that 'I told you so' look. She rolls her eyes and goes to say goodbye to Joe. I get up and follow her.
"Bye Joe!" Selena says pecking him on his cheek.
"Bye Lena, Bye sis." Joe says smiling.
"Bye, Joe." I say as I roll my eyes.
"See ya, Justin." Selena says smiling.
"Oh, right. See ya'll." Justin says. He looks upset. I almost ask him but I hold myself back. He's not my friend. I don't need him, but I want him. I want to know if he's ok. I want to know what's wrong.
I fight with myself in my head until Selena snaps me out of it and we leave, I glance back at Justin one more time to see him watching me leave.
"Lena?" I ask once we are in the car and driving off.
"Hmm?" Selena answers.
"What's up with Justin?" I ask.
"What do you mean?" Selena questions.
"He seemed down. Upset about something." I say.
"Oh, well, I don't know." Selena says staring out the window.
"Whatever." I mumble and then I start to pay attention to my driving.
The next day at school was intense. Ashley finally came back. She hadn't left her house since last week. She gave us a snobby look and summoned her 'posse'. Miley gave me a small smile as I snorted at the girls rushing to Ashley. I started to return it until I saw Justin packing up his locker.
"What the hell?" I say and Selena gives me a weird look.
"What?" Selena asks.
"I'll be right back." I say not taking my eyes off of Justin.
"Kay." Selena says finally understanding.
"What are you doing?" I say coming up behind Justin.
"Oh, hey Jess." Justin says looking over his shoulder. I lean up against the locker next to his.
"What are you doing?" I repeat.
"Packing my locker up." Justin says.
"Why?" I ask.
"I'm leaving." Justin says softly.
"Leaving this locker?" I say praying it was that simple.
"Leaving this school, leaving this town, leaving." Justin says.
"Where are you going?" I ask.
"Away. With my parents. They decided it was time to move." Justin says. I think I hear a bit of annoyance in his voice.
"Why are you going? You don't have to." I say trying not to freak out.
"I think I need to." Justin says watching me.
"No you don't." I say shaking my head and trying to not let tears fall. They fall anyways.
"Yea, I think I do." Justin says wiping away my tears. That doesn't help. They come harder and I run away from him.
He can't leave. He just can't. I like him. I want him. I need him to stay. I can't let him go. I end up at my car and I see Joe and Selena walking towards me. Great.
"Jess? You ok?" Joe asks wrapping me in a hug.
"He's leaving?" I ask wishing they will say something different.
"Yea, he's leaving." Joe says sounding just as sad. It's his best friend after all.
"You got to stop him, Joe." I say suddenly.
"I can't." Joe says sounding like he's already tried.
"Sure you can. You're his best friend." I say looking at him hoping.
"I've already tried. I don't think what I say is going to help." Joe says giving me a strange look.
"It's hers. Right?" Selena says jumping in the conversation.
"Yea, Jess I think you're the only one who could stop him now." Joe says.
"Don't let him go." Selena says giving me that knowing look.
"How am I supposed to stop him?" I ask totally confused.
"Tell him." Selena says quietly. I totally understand what she means and I shake my head, my eyes wide. I can't tell him. Not yet.
"Don't let him leave. Please." Joe says giving me a look of desperation. After all this was his best friend. His only true friend. Joe needed him as much as I wanted him. I nod and breath.
"When does he leave?" I ask.
"Tomorrow, they leave tomorrow night." Joe says.
"I'll tell him, I don't know if it'll work. But I'll tell him." I say gaining a new confidence.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's sort of a filler. I like it but I don't know how much, i think it's not as good as my others but I'm hoping the next one will be better. :) Also kind of short. Sorry. :) Kay well comments please!!!