A Blink of an Eye

A Blink of an Eye (1) Sadness

So to understand what all happens I guess I should start with a week before the accident. It was the week before school started back and I had to have cheerleading and volleyball tryouts. Also Jason was leaving for college at the end of the week. I was busy and in a bad mood that whole week, first because of all the stuff that had to be done, and second because I didn't want Jason to leave. I know he had to but I was upset and didn't talk to him about it, which was new because I always talked to him when I was upset.
It was Monday morning and I had just got out of the shower. Joe's and my room were connected by the bathroom. And Jason's and Josh's rooms were also connected but their were across the hall. I went into my room, and picked out one of my favorite outfits, my paramore t-shirt and my skinny jeans with black boots. I am usually the first one up out of us kids so I have the joy of waking up my brothers. I decide to start with Josh because he's the easiest to wake and takes quicker showers. I head to his room and open the door quietly. He's out. This is my favorite part of the day because you can do anything to them and they can't get mad because I get to say, I was just trying to wake you, like you asked me to do. I go sit quietly next to him.
"JOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I holler right in his ear.
"Holy Shit!!!" Josh yells and wakes up with a start.
"Hey now, no cussing.” I say and bust out laughing.
"Whatever!" Josh says and he storms into the bathroom.
"hmm....looks mad..” I say to myself, giggling.
Then I head over to Jason's room because he's the next easiest to wake. I go inside to find him up and packing more of his things. I look around and see he has almost everything packed.
"Oh hey Jess." Jason says looking at me.
"Well just suck the fun out of my morning then.” I say trying to show him I’m not upset by him leaving.
"Sorry Sis." Jason says.
"Yea watever." I say and I storm out of his room.
He didn't do anything wrong but I’m still pissed off. I throw open Joe's room not bothering to be quiet. Joe can sleep through anything. And he's out.
"JOE!" I yell and throw a pillow at him.
"hmmm...."Joe mumbles and turns over in the bed.
"Get the fuck up! I’m pissed and you don't want to deal with me this morning!” I yell and throw a pillow at him again.
"5 more mins!" Joe says.
"Whatever! Get yourself up!” I say and I storm out of his room.
I get my things around and text Miley, my best friend in the whole world, and tell her to meet me at mall in ten. Then I storm downstairs and holler to my mom that I’m going to the mall with Miley and Matt, my boyfriend. Mom hollers back and I leave. I get in my black truck. I go shopping for hours and when I finally get home I go up to my room and see all three of my brothers waiting for me on my bed. This can't be good.
"What are ya'll doing in my room?" I ask eyeing them closely. Jason doesn't look happy.
"What up with cussing me out this morning?" Joe asks calmly.
"I said one little cuss word, you want me to really cuss you out I can." I say back fiercely.
"Jess, what's wrong?” Jason says quietly.
"Nothing! Now all of you get the hell out of my room!” I yell.
I refuse to let them see me cry so I start pushing them out, Josh went quickly and so did Joe but Jason stood for a minute then shook his head and left. The week went by fast and my mood didn't change. Because each day was closer and closer to Jason leaving for college and that didn't make me happy at all.
The day before Jason was going to leave he came to me and said we needed to talk. So I let him in my room and he sat down on my bed and waited for me to sit with him. I did.
"What?” I ask harshly
"What is up with you?" Jason asks.
"What do you mean?? I'm perfectly fine!" I say.
"No you're not, stop lying!" Jason says. I can tell he's mad.
"LYING! stop accusing me of things! I’m fine!” I yell getting mad myself.
"No, you're not! I know you! And I know when you're upset, did something happen with Matt. If it did, I will kill him." Jason says still mad.
"Nothings wrong with me and Matt and I can take care of myself!” I yell.
"Why won't you talk to me!? You ALWAYS talk to me” Jason yells. I think he's on the verge of tears. And I break.
"Jason! Nothing is wrong that you can fix! So leave me hell alone and get the hell out of my room!" I yell.
"Do not talk like that! And if you tell me maybe I can fix it." Jason says furious now.
"Don't boss me around like your the dad! you're not! And you can't fix everything, you aren't so great and mighty! So stop bitching at me and get the fuck out of my room!" I yell on the verge of tears.
"Fine, but don't come crying to me when you really need help." Jason says apparently really pissed because he's always ready to help me.
"I don't need your help! Nothings wrong!" I yell.
"Sure..." Jason says while leaving my room his voice dripping with sarcasm.
"I HATE YOU! Now get the hell out of my room!” I yell at his retreating back.
"You don't mean that." Jason says and leaves.
Then the tears fall. My mascara comes down my cheeks and I grab the vase by my bed and throw it at the door. I’ve never been in a fight with Jason. Ever. And I was upset. The vase shatters into a million pieces on the floor.
"Shit." I mumble and go into the bathroom to get a towel.
Joe was in there fixing his hair. I guess he heard the whole thing but he didn't say anything. He just moved over and let me get in front of the mirror to clean my face and get a towel. I clean up the vase and get dressed and decided to go out to the park. I holler that I’m leaving and I grab my cell phone and ipod and get in the truck and go.
I go to the town park, it's one of my favorite places in the whole town. No one ever goes to it much anymore because it's old and the play set is rusty but I love to go i even have my own bench there. I carved my name into it last year when I decided its the best place to sit in the whole park. I sit down and listen to my ipod. It was so peaceful looking at the fountain in front of me and the woods beside me. Then I feel my phone vibrate and hear Disturbia start playing.
I take it out of my pocket and see that it's Jason. I was pissed at him so I didn't answer. Then it rings again and it's Joe. I decide to answer but I think that could have been the worse mistake of my life.
"Jess, come home now!" Joe says, it sounds like he's crying.
"Joe, what's wrong? what's going on?" I say worried, Joe doesn't normally cry.
"Jason......he.....went for a ride with his friends and...." Joe says but stops because he was crying so much.
"What Happened!?" I demand as I get into my truck to drive home.
"His car got hit. He....died." Joe says crying.
"WHAT?"I yell, "NO!"
"just come home." Joe says and hangs up.
"JOE! damnit! no, Jason” I say to myself.
The next thing I know was I’m crying so hard that I can't see and I hear a honking noise and I serve off the road.
♠ ♠ ♠
tell me wat u think. plz comment :D