A Blink of an Eye

A Blink of an Eye. (23) I want my life back

Okay, so this isn't a dream. I can live that. That's good. Jason's really alive. And that means Selena is too. But that also means I'm still popular, and I'm dating Matt, and Miley's my best friend.
"So, this is really real?" I say quietly and the boys nod their heads.
"It is." Jason says taking my hand. This time I didn't pull away I just held his hand tight and didn't let go. My brother is back. I feel a tear fall again but this time it was good. I'm happy.
"Jess, what's wrong?" Joe says taking my other hand.
"Nothing. I'm happy. You're alive. You're really alive." I say looking at Jason.
"I am. I promise." Jason says.
"I believe you. I really do." I say smiling. Then I yawn and all the boys look at me weird.
"What?" I say rubbing my eyes.
"You've been out for two weeks and you're tired?" Josh says shaking his head.
"No, I'm just yawning. And wait, two weeks? That long?" I say my eyes wide.
"Yea, you had us scared." Joe says.
"I guess so." I mumble as Mom, Perry, and Dad walk in.
"Hey, how's my little girl?" Dad says coming and hugging me.
"I'm doing okay." I say smiling a little bit.
"Good. Honey, you scared me." Mom says hugging me too.
"Well, don't worry. I'm fine." I say giving her a smile and hugging Perry, who was sober, surprise surprise.
"Excuse me, but you have some more visitors and I can't let them in until three people leave." A nurse says from the doorway.
"Okay. Thank you. Come on, lets go." Mom says pushing Dad and Perry out the door.
"Oh my god, I was so worried!" Miley says rushing into the room and hugging me. I flinch back, this is weird.
"Me too!" Ashley says pushing Miley away and hugging me. Really weird. Then there's Matt. Sweet Matt.
"Hey sweetie, you had me really scared." Matt says hugging me and pecking me on the cheek.
"Apparently, I had a lot of people scared." I say giving him a slight smile and pulling out of the hug. This is too weird. I miss hating them.
Ashley then goes straight to Jason and gives him a kiss. Oh, I hate her. She's so cheating on him. I know it was a dream but it showed me the real them and she is cheating I know it.
"So when can you come back to school?" Miley asks smiling at me.
"I don't know. When can I?" I ask Joe.
"The doctor said after this weekend you can go back on Monday if you feel up to it." Jason answers.
"Okay. Sounds good. I'm ready. I feel so awake." I say laughing.
"You should be. You've been out for weeks." Josh says and Miley giggles looking at him. Oh, god, couldn't that part of the dream not be real, but by the looks they are giving each other it's definitely real. Gross.
The weekend goes by fast and next thing I know it's Monday morning. I yawn and get out of bed and do my daily routine. It seems like nothing has changed much. It's scary. I get ready and head downstairs to find the whole family there waiting.
"What's up?" I ask looking at them strangely.
"We just wanted to make sure you are still up for school. And that everything is fine." Mom says.
"Everything is fine. I'm leaving now." I say heading to the door then I stop.
"What's wrong?" Jason asks quickly.
"I don't have a car." I say.
"Oh, I'll take you." Jason offers.
"You have to get to college. I'll just ride with Joe and Justin. If that's okay." I say looking at Joe.
"Totally fine." Joe says smiling. He looks a bit shocked, but doesn't say anything.
"Okay. Are ya'll ready?" I ask looking hopeful. I couldn't stand Mom watching my every move and worrying all the time.
"Sure are." Justin says walking past me and leading the way out the door.
"Ya'll be safe. Wear seat belts! No reckless driving!" Mom yells to our backs. When is this going to end.
"Oh crap. Guys, I have cheer leading tryouts after school." I say once we are on the road.
"That's cool. We can wait after school for you." Justin says smiling at me.
"Thanks." I say then I lean back in my seat and take a deep breath. I think today is going to be a long day.
When we get to school I make sure Joe and Justin are with me as I walk in. I don't know what to except but it wasn't this.
"Jessica! Hey! How are you?" was all I heard. Everyone was saying it as I passed. I grimace and quickly head to my locker. This is weird. I want people to hate me again, I liked being an outcast.
"You okay?" Justin asks once we get to my locker.
"Yea, I'm fine." I say not looking at him.
"We'll see you in class." Joe says and I nod giving him a smile.
"Hey! What were you doing with them?" Miley says running up to me and giving me a hug. She sure hugs a lot.
"They gave me a ride to school. I don't have a car." I say and she nods.
"Okay. But tomorrow you'll ride with me. You can't be see with them. You know that." Miley says smiling and I nod slowly not really listening. I just saw Selena.
"I'll be right back." I say not taking my eyes of Selena. Miley says something but I didn't really hear her I walked slowly towards Selena scared. She's alive. She's right there. I smile and run to her.
"Selena!" I says giving her a hug.
"What are you doing?" Selena says pulling away.
"I'm giving you a hug." I say biting my lip. Crap, she's not my best friend. I forgot.
"Why are you giving me a hug? I mean, I know you've like in a coma but we have never even talked." Selena says.
"Right. Well I think we should change that. Are you trying out for cheer leading today?" I say smiling.
"I was thinking about it." Selena says.
"You should. Well, right. I think I'm going to go now." I say backing aways slowly.
"Okay." Selena says closing her locker still looking at me weird. I hate this. I want my life back. Not this popular crazy life. My life. My life with Selena, Justin and Joe. My life. The best life I've ever had.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay so let me know what you think. :)) Please Comment. Please.