A Blink of an Eye

A Blink of an Eye. (25) Strange

Selena walked with me to the parking lot and I tried to control my rudeness.
"Hey, sorry about snapping at you. I've just been really angry recently." I say as we get closer to the parking lot.
"That seems strange considering you just got out of a coma, you would think that you would be happy you were alive." Selena says thoughtfully.
"Yea, I guess you're right but it just isn't that way right now." I say and I sigh as we come to the parking lot and see Justin and Joe bending over Joe's hood of the car.
"Who are they?" Selena says as we come to a stop close to her car.
"That's my brother and his friend, Justin." I say smiling as we watch them.
"Oh, cool." Selena says watching them.
"Want to meet them?" I ask looking at her.
"Sure, sounds cool." Selena says so we walk over there and they both look up.
"Hey Jess! You don't happened to know where our oil is do you? Cause I'm out and I need some or we are stuck here." Joe says.
"Oil? Uh, did you check the trunk?" I say looking up at him.
"Trunk? Oh, right. That's probably a good place to look." Justin says and I laugh.
"Who's your friend?" Joe asks looking Selena up and down.
"Joe, this is Selena. Selena this is Joe and that's Justin." I say introducing them. I could tell Joe liked her and Selena looked like he was cute but she didn't seem to interested. Strange.
"Hey." Selena says and then her phone rings.
"Hello?" Selena says as she answers it.
"LENA?" A guy's voice yells through the phone. Selena excuses herself and walks over a little bit to where we couldn't hear and talks to her. She looks upset and worried as she talks. Soon she hangs up and comes over looking worn out.
"Hey, you want to spend the night tonight." I ask her as Joe and Justin change the oil.
"Sounds good, but I have a date. Maybe I could come over after." Selena says sounding hopeful.
"Sure, how about you give me a ride so you know where I live, and maybe I could even help you get ready for your date?" I say sounding a little hopeful myself.
"Sounds great." Selena says smiling. A date? Really? I guess things should be different, after all this isn't my coma dream. I have to keep telling myself that.
"So a date with who?" I ask as we wave bye to the boys and head to her car.
"Oh, just this guy I've been dating. I met him at a club one night. He's really sweet." Selena says giving me a smile.
"Really? Does he have a name?" I ask laughing.
"Yes, it's Jay." Selena says still smiling.
"Well, I can see he makes you happy." I say laughing. This is strange. I've just always seen her with Joe, not some Jay guy.
"Yea, he does." Selena says as we pull on the road. We were heading to my house when a deer jumps in front of us and we swerve off the road.
All I can see is glass and I'm turning upside down. I scream and start to cry as I hit the windshield and glass flies everywhere.
"Jessica. You okay?" Selena says and I snap out of it. We were off the road and the deer was nowhere to be found.
"I'm fine. You?" I say and she nods looking at me.
We both climb out of the car and observe the damage. Nothing too bad, just a flat tire and a small dent where the deer hit. No glass broken or anything...guess I imaged it.
"Great...now I'm going to be late. Stupid deer." Selena says kicking her flat tire.
"I'll call Justin and Joe." I say pulling out my phone. No answer.
"Great, no answer. Just fabulous." Selena says groaning.
"Calm down. I have two more brothers to call, plus a dad, and a step dad." I say giving her a small smile.
"How can you be so calm?" Selena demands.
"Well, it could have been worse. We could have been in comas, or died." I say shrugging.
"Well, there's a bright side." Selena says laughing lightly as I pull out my phone and dial Jason's number.
"Hello?" Jason says.
"Jason! Good. Look, I need you to come to me. I've been in an accident." I say.
"What? Where are you? Are you okay? Are you with Joe? Is he okay? Where are you?" Jason says quickly sounding worried.
"I'm fine. Calm down and don't tell mom. Just come help us out. It's me and Selena." I say.
"Selena?" Jason asks confused.
"Yea, she's a friend. And we have a flat." I say.
"On my way." Jason says and I tell him where we were at. Soon he drives up with a spare and changes the tire.
"There you go. Now let's see if we can get out of this ditch." Jason says and Selena grins at him. Gross, she looks like she thinks he's cute. Geez, things sure are different. Selena gets in the car and drives out easily and then pulls to the side waiting for me to get in.
"Hey, you okay?" Jason asks as I start toward Selena's car.
"I'm fine." I say giving him a hug.
"Thanks for calling me. I've been feeling like you've been avoiding me." Jason says. I nod and don't tell him I didn't call him first. I don't want him to feel bad, it's just strange having him here. Everything is stranger now for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay...i don't know how I feel about this chapter. :l I don't think I like it too much but here it is. :) Hope you like it. Please comment.