A Blink of an Eye

A Blink of an Eye. (29) 5:00 am

I woke up in the morning sore and found Selena snoozing beside me. I rolled out of bed and took a shower. As I was getting dressed I realized it was 5:00 am. What the heck?

"Guess no ones up." I mumble to myself as I head to the kitchen.

"Jessica? Honey what are you doing up?" Mom says as I open the fridge. I jump and quickly turn around.

"Mom, what are you doing up??" I say grasping at my chest. Geez, she almost gave me a heart attack.

"I start work today, I told you that didn't I? Oh, no I didn't. You were...well in your coma..." Mom says trailing off uncomfortably.

"Oh, well that's cool." I say smiling as I get out some orange juice.

"Yes, it really is." Mom says smiling as she finished her bagel.

"So how come you have to work on Saturday?" I ask pulling out some eggs and bacon.

"Oh, it's just for a few weekends. I have a lot of work to catch up on. I was supposed to start a couple of weeks ago. Oh look at the time! I have to go. I'll be home around 5 or 6. Love you!" Mom says rushing around getting her things. She kisses my cheek and runs out the door smiling.

"Love you too." I say turning back to my breakfast.

"Jessica, what are you making?" Perry says walking in.

"Bacon, eggs and toast. Would you like some?" I ask turning around.

"Sure, sounds better than my normal cereal. Did your mom leave?" Perry asks.

I nod and turn back to make some more eggs for us. I set some on his plate and hand it to him as Josh comes walking in.

"Hey, you making us breakfast?" Josh asks sitting down at the table after getting some milk.

"I can make you some." I say as he nods excitedly. I laugh and as soon as I place a plate in front of him Jason comes down.

"I guess I'll make you some too." I say turning back to my work.

"Sounds great." Jason says making him some orange juice.

"Watch as soon as I finish this someone else is going to come down." I say laughing as I flip the bacon.

"Good Morning all!" Joe says flying down the stairs and coming to a quick stop as he reached the fridge.

"Told you." I say as I set down Jason's plate in front of him.

"You making breakfast? Aw that's so sweet. Especially since you got us into that huge fight." Joe says laughing.

"Me? I believe you were the first to throw a punch." I say starting him some bacon and eggs.

"Actually that was me." Selena says smiling as she comes in.

"Oh of course. I knew it was going to be my devious friend." I say laughing as I finish Joe's breakfast and start hers.

"Duh. You making me some of that." Selena says leaning over the stove to look at the bacon.

"This is yours." I say throwing some on a plate.

"Aw you're the best friend ever!" Selena says laughing.

"You people are the freaking loudest people ever. Who in the heck gets up at five thirty in the morning?!" Justin says trudging into the kitchen itching his head. I start laughing and he gives me a glare.

"What?" He snaps.

"Look at yourself. You look like crap. Your hair is messed you, you're walking like a penguin, and you look like you didn't get any sleep." I say laughing.

"Oh, because you look so great? Your hair is in a messy bun, you have rings around your eyes and not to mention the cuts and bruises." Justin says laughing along with me.

"Just for that you are not getting breakfast." I say sticking out my tongue.

"Good I don't want anything cooked by you." Justin says coming up from behind and grabbing my sides. I squeal from surprise and then slap him playfully.

"Here's your plate. Now let's sit down." I say laughing as we take our seats.

"This is great." Selena says stuffing her face.

"I can tell." I say laughing.

"It really is wonderful." Perry says smiling at me.

"Thanks. So what's the plans for today?" I ask grinning at my family and friends.

"I'm looking for a job today." Perry says and we all choke.

"Don't act so surprised. It's time for me to look for one." Perry says laughing.

"A few of my friends and I are going to the movies." Jason says.

"I'm hanging out at a friend's." Josh says.

"I don't know what I'm doing. What are we doing Justin?" Joe says laughing.

"I don't know. What are we doing Jessica?" Justin asks smiling.

"I don't know. Selena?" I say turning to her.

"I was thinking...shopping!" Selena says and I give her a grin.

"Guys, I guess we are shopping." I say laughing. Who knew a bunch of stuff could happen at 5 in the morning?
♠ ♠ ♠
okay idk how i feel bout this one. It's kinda a filler. tell me wat you think. Comment please!