A Blink of an Eye

A Blink of an Eye. (4) Change

I woke up crying because I had dreamt of Jason’s and my fight before he died. I get dressed and do the normal routine for the morning. I wake up Josh, Joe, and Justin quickly and don’t put a lot of effort into it. I head out to my car and get in and look around. The last person to ride in it with me just happened to be Jason. Great, I can't drive this now. I look up to see Joe and Justin getting into Joe's car.
"Joe! Can I ride with you?" I yell over to him.
Justin and Joe's mouths dropped open; to be seen with them when I’m so popular could ruin me. But Joe nodded and I ran over and jumped into the back of his car. We rode to school and sure enough everyone was staring at me when I got out of Joe's car. I held my head up high and smiled at a few of my friends. I thanked Joe and headed to first period. But what I ran into stopped me in my tracks.
Ashley, Jason's girlfriend, was making out with some guy in the hallway! What in the world! Jason just DIED! She could at least act like she cares! And she's supposed to be my friend! What a whore! I walk right up to her and tap her on her shoulder. She didn't response right away so I tap her again hard.
"What?" Ashley says in her bitchy voice.
"What are you doing?" I yell at this point the bell has rung and everyone has left the hallways.
"Making out duh. What's it to you?" Ashley says.
"You were dating Jason. And he just died. Could you act like you give a shit?"
"Look, I was about to dump him anyways. This way was just easier." Ashley says in that bitchy tone.
And I break the next thing I know is I attack her. All the anger I’ve had for who knows how long was put into every punch I hit her with. I just kept hitting her and hitting her. Then two strong arms pulled me off and held me back even though I was trying my best to get away from them. I know that I can't so I turn my head to see who was holding me. And of course, it was Justin. I try to pull away from him but I couldn't. Then the principal comes up and takes me to his office and sends Ashley to the nurse, she was pretty beaten up, I'm proud to say. I had to sit through a big speech and when I storm out of the office Justin was waiting.
"Where are you going? Lunch is the other way." Justin says running after me.
"Skipping" I say and glare at him. He grabs my arm and stops me.
"No, we are gonna go find Joe, tell him what happened, then eat lunch." Justin says and starts pulling me the other way.
I jerk back and stop him. "First, no we, just me. Second, I'm skipping!" I say.
"Don't think so." Justin says and tightens his grip on my arm. There was no way I was gonna get out of his grip. Unless...
I smile and him softly and lean over. He gives me a confused look. I plant one on him and I swear he kisses me back. He lets go of my arm and I pull away. I smile at him and wave my fingers in a little wave and run. I run right past the parking lot and run around aimlessly. I end up at the mall and I wander around the mall aimlessly and do a bit of shopping. Soon enough Joe texts and asks where I was. I told him and he said to meet him out front. I jump in his car as he drives up. I look at Justin and he quickly looks away.
"Justin, I still can't believe she's stronger than you." Joe says.
I glance at Joe confused. Justin says "Dude, Jess is stronger than you too."
"What?" I say really confused. Did Justin tell Joe...
"Oh, he's talking about how you pulled away from me." Justin says quickly giving me a look that I totally got. So he didn't.
"Oh, well Justin's right Joe, I am stronger than you." I say smiling.
"Whatever, Justin how long are you staying with us?" Joe asks him.
"A week, if that's ok." Justin says.
"Yea it's cool." Joe says.
A week! Oh god. This was gonna be a LONG week...
♠ ♠ ♠
comment. let me know wat u think plz. :D