A Blink of an Eye

A Blink of an Eye. (8) New relationships

I know hitting Miley probably wasn't the smartest thing to do, and part of me wanted to go back to make sure she was alright. I knew it was wrong, but I was still proud. Selena found it really amazing. She wouldn't shut up about it.
"THAT WAS SO AMAZING!" Selena says.
"Yea. It was wrong. Who are you anyways?" I say not bothering to be nice. She didn't seem offended.
"Selena. I'm new; well I got here last year. I guess you never noticed me being all popular and all." Selena says not seeming to care.
"Right." I say and turn towards the parking lot. Part of me wanted to lose this chick. But then again, she seemed kind of cool. I looked her down to see she was wearing her cheerleading stuff. DUH! Wow, that was a blonde moment, even though I'm not blonde. Selena's make up was only black eye liner, and some eye shadow. Surprisingly it looked really good on her. Though I think she could use a little blush, she's so pale. Her hair is brown, and short. Cute.
"What are you looking at?" Selena asks watching me. I realized I had been staring.
"Sorry." I mumble. I thought the parking lot was closer than this.
"You know, you're a lot nicer than people say you are." Selena says bluntly.
"Just come right out and say it." I mumble.
"People talk about me huh?" I say out loud.
"Yea, duh, you are, well were, the most popular person in the school." Selena says.
"Well, WAIT. WERE?" I say stopping in my tracks. Just because I don't hang out with Miley I'm not popular.
"Well, yea. According to stories." Selena says and shrugs.
"Whatever, two more years and I’m out of here." I say and start walking again.
"Positive side." Selena says with a grin.
I just roll my eyes and head to my car, to find Joe and Justin sitting out there at Joe's car working on it.
"You know, you're a lot nicer than I exp--WHO IS THAT HOTTIE?" Selena says. Automatically, I get defensive.
"Which one?" I say harshly. For some insane reason if she says the one in the black (Justin) I just might hit her.
"The one in the red shirt." Selena says. Relief hits me. I sigh a huge sigh and she gives me a strange, but knowing look.
"My brother, Joe is in the red. His best friend is Justin, in the black." I say as we walk over.
"And you and Justin?" she says. This surprised me and I gave her a look. She still pressed the matter.
"Well..." Selena says nudging my arm.
"It's nothing." I say. At least, I think it's nothing, but I didn't tell her that.
"Hey guys." I say as we walked up. They looked up and Joe looked happy to see me.
"My car won't start!" Joe whined. I was usually good with cars. So I leaned over the hood and took a look.
"Who's this?" Justin says. I look up to see him pointing to Selena.
"What? Ya'll can't introduce yourselves." I say and roll my eyes. I glance at Selena who is watching Joe and looks like she's going to drool. I walk over to her and shut her mouth.
"This is Selena guys. Selena, this is Joe and Justin." I say and motion to the people. Then I head back over to the hood of the car and leaned over. Someone came over and I assumed it was Joe. I look over and of course, it was Justin.
"Figure it out." Justin says.
"No, where's Joe?" I say not even looking at anywhere but the car. It was usual for him not to be around when his car is messed up.
"Talking to that chick." Justin says and messes with something in the hood.
"Selena." I say automatically. Wow, already defensive of some chick I don't know. Something’s really messed up with me today. Justin was fiddling with something.
"Right. Try it." Justin says. I head to the driver's door and it starts. I give Justin a smile and then turn to Joe. Wow, they were really flirting. It was so obvious.
"Selena, you need a ride." I say snapping her out of it.
"Oh yea, that would be great! Well, bye Joe." Selena says and writes her number on his arm. She works fast. I shake my head and wave bye to Justin. Selena and I head to my car and I turn to her and say "You and Joe huh?"
♠ ♠ ♠
comment plz. :D :D