Dreams Of Forever Crashing Down

007.

[Nick's POV]

I smiled down at Skylar and stared into those beautiful brown eyes. It didn't take me long to get lost in them. I lost my smile, and I couldn't stop thinking about what it would be like to kiss her. Finally, I went against my better judgment and leaned in to kiss her.

Our lips were inches apart, when someone grabbed me from behind. I turned to see Carmen looking at me in both anger and confusion.

"How could you kiss her?" she asked, her eyes narrowing as she looked at Skylar.

I looked at Skylar and watched as she looked away, waiting for me to say something that would keep me from being considered a fool. I looked back at Carmen and smiled.

"First off, she has a name. It's Skylar. Secondly, I wanted to kiss her because I like her. And thirdly, why is it any of you're business about who I kiss?" I asked, hoping not to sound like a jerk, but also to show Skylar I didn't care who knew.

Skylar smiled slightly at me before looking at Carmen. Carmen's smile had faded, and looked into my eyes.

"You like her? But how can you like her? I mean come on. She's a murderer," Carmen said, smiling again when Skylar's eyes slid closed and a pained look crossed her face.

I frowned, and looked angrily at Carmen. "I like her because she takes your crap, and doesn't care. She shouldn't have to put up with it. I know she didn't kill that guy. I know that she didn't do anything to him. She loved him, and whether you believe it or not, I know that she still does," I said, looking over at her.

Carmen lost her smile for a second time, and then she turned and stormed off. How can anyone think that they're better than someone with a pure heart and kind soul?
♠ ♠ ♠
Teri here.
Tell me what you think.