A huge card, two dozen roses and...A RING?

She loves me...or she love's me not...

Feb. 13Th
I added the cheese sauce to the shrimp Alfredo I was preparing. I'm uncomfortably still in my uniform, my dark blue shirt , pants set a silver badge located on the top left of my shirt, a flashlight, nightstick, pepper spray and my favorite handcuffs which were hooked onto my belt that was tighten around my thin, narrow waist. As soon as I got home, about thirty minutes ago I began cooking, my usual routine unless we decide to eat out, besides my real job, I love cooking. The house was dead silent beside Boingo, our new puppy running across the hard wood floors until...

“BOOM” The front door slammed, I looked over to see what was going on.

“Son of a bitch!” My long time girlfriend growled walking in the house. She threw her over-sized Ed Hardy black bag and matching purse on the ground, continued to the kitchen tossing her sunglasses and keys on the counter.

“Are you al-”

“Don't!...talk to me right now James.” Tabitha spat quickly letting me know she was pissed off. What did I do? She never calls me by my real first name. I simply turned around and stirred our dinner. Tabitha walked to the living room and just sat on one of the sofa, probably trying to relax. Hopefully. The T.V was off, no radio nothing, pure silence. I opened the slide door and let the puppy outside.

“Fuck, I hate her...If I could I would have stabbed that bitch fifty fucking times!” My eyes got bigger. I grabbed the knife I had used and put it quickly in the sink.

“Finished.” I said tasting the food and turning off the burner. I poured the pasta into a dish sitting it in the center of the kitchen table. I peaked over in the living room before walking over to her. My truck keys also hanging from my belt rattled with ever step. I bent over beside her and kissed her cheek.

“Are you hungry?” Tab stood up and allowed me to hug her.

“Yes,.. I'm sorry I yelled at you, and I wasn't talking about stabbing you.” She sighed in an extremely tired voice.

"Thank god." I blurted making her giggle a bit.

“ I was the stupid teacher across the hall from me” Tab added.

“Hard day babe'?” I questioned as her face was still buried in my chest. She looked up and nodded as we walked to the kitchen. I couldn't name one person who could come home from teaching a class first graders and say 'I had a great day!' without more than a couple pain pills. She should have been a cop, I love my job.

“How is it that you can always make my day?” She gave me a little peak on my bottom lip.

...

“This is great, my little chef.” Tabitha's comment made me turn a slight shade of red.

“I love how I can still make you blush.” We smiled. I twirled up some Alfredo noodles onto my fork before chewing it up.

Tabitha's P.O.V

Feb.14th
My alarm clock constantly sang at six A.M. I usually get up with Jimmy and make him breakfast before he goes to work at four thirty. For some strange reason I didn't hear it go off, the first time ever and he didn't wake me up. Odd... I finally arose kicking the white blankets off me.

“Aw.” There was a thick trail of light pink rose petals starting at our king sized bed..my favorite kind of flower. I smiled as I picked up a handful of 'em to smell, I traced them as fast as I could. They ended in the living room on the maroon carpet. A huge card at least five foot stood dead center of our surprisingly clean living room. Jimmy couldn't have cleaned this himself, he's a great cook but when It comes to cleaning...that would be me, just didn't have time last night. 'To the one I love... on Valentine's Day.' I opened it up, it started to play “Forever” from “The Beach Boys.”, the first song we ever danced to. In red marker he singed his name and wrote “Your my little piece of heaven.” My brother, Matt and his friends Zacky, Brian and Johnny signed it too, they all work for Huntington police department as well.

...XXX...

All my students sat in a circle on the colorful 'A, B, C's' carpet desperately waited to hand out there Valentine cards to one another.

“Okay, Kristy Alvarez your first to pass out your Valentine's cards to everyone.” The golden pig tailed girl rapidly stood up.

"I have Kim Possible Valentine's cards." She flashed her smiled started walking around.

“Hold out your bags in front of you, guys.” I told the class. There was a knock at the door. Little freckled faced Tommy Walker and his orange red hair ran to see who was at the door.

“He said he's your brother Ms. Sanders.” Tommy yelled at the top of his lungs towards me, even though I was only a few feet away. Matt and Johnny were standing at the door in there work uniform. Matt handed me a dozen pink roses.

“Thanks?” They started to laugh and closed the door. I read the tag hanging from them: From Will. Who the fuck's Will? I put the flowers on my cluttered desk and began to sit down. The door was knocked at again. What the hell?

“It's okay Tommy, I'll get it...It's your turn to pass out your Valentine's cards to the class.”

“Okay, Ms. Sanders.” I opened to door to find Zacky and Brian smirking away. What are these losers hiding from me?

“Why aren't y'all at work?” Brian pulled the dozen roses from behind his back and handed them to me. They shrugged their shoulders at the question I asked. The bundle of yet again pink roses had a huge black cardboard cut out in the word 'YOU'. They closed the door and walked away smiling. Deja Vu? This has already happened once. I looked down at the roses...'YOU'. First some guy named Will and now YOU? Before I reached my chair another knock. HOLY HELL!

“Merry me?” I looked down at his blue eyes as Jimmy knelled down on left knee, in his work clothes. He had that cute smile he always shows with a little black velvet box holding my diamond ring.

“Oh my god!” I yelled, all my class came up behind me watching what was going on.

“That is the cutest proposal ever but..I don't love you.” Everyones jaw dropped to the floor.

“B-But I thought you-” It looked as if he was going to cry, my heart couldn't take it anymore.

“I love you more than I have ever loved you in my entire live, Jimmy!” .

“So is that a yes?” He shyly smiled.

“Yes, of course!” He slid the ring on my finger.

“Miss. Sander and him” The kids pointed. “Sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!” They all decided to yell the last letter as loud as they could, Zacky, Brian and Matt laughed at that and their off pitched voices.

“Holy crap, they can spell?” Johnny asked.

“Yes Johnny, not everyones like you.” My brother joked. I pulled away from Jimmy, I'm sure what kissing isn't necessary for first graders to see.

“Sorry to interrupt but we all need to get back to work!”

“Bye Mister's” The kids waved bye together. Well...most of them.

"Stay out of trouble and listen to Ms. Sanders!" The kiddos ran and sat on the carpet, they seemed slightly frightened when Zacky pretended to pull out his night stick.

“Nikki, Tommy, Mick...Vince!!!, What are y'all doing? That's not candy!...It's GLUE!” I ran over to the group of trouble makers.

"Stop eating it!...Spit it out!"

"Spit it out now!" The whole class laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please leave a comment, I rushed it as you can tell.:006: