Status: Currently on hold until further notice due to lack of ideas. Got any?

The Developing Country of HP

Caught

“Well, well, well.” came Jarppi’s voice from the barns entrance.

HP let me go and turned to face Jarppi. I turned too and hid the food HP was still holding behind my back.

“I knew you had to come out of the sauna sometime.” Hp said.
“I only came out because I had this feeling that something suspicious was going on. And it looks like I was right.” he said. “So, what have you been up to?”
“Nothing.” Hp said. “Aren’t you supposed to be in your country?”
“Okay okay. I’m going.” As he turned and walked away he yelled “Jukka! These two are making out in here!”

Jukka ran over and saw me standing next to HP. Jarno showed up only seconds later.

“So that’s where you went!” Jukka said. “I thought you wanted to visit me.”
“I got bored and decided to do something fun.” I shrugged. “Now be good children and go back to your own countries. You have to take care of them. If you don’t they could get taken over.”
“That’s right!” Jukka said before he ran off to protect his country.
“We’ll be watching you though.” Jarno laughed as he turned and went back to his country too.

They did indeed watch. Every once in a while HP and I caught them sneaking around to see what we were doing, which wasn’t much. We didn’t kiss anymore which is what they were waiting for I guess. All we did was sit there and talk; there was nothing else to do. I think we ended up telling each other our life stories.

When everyone got bored we all met at the spot where everyone’s country met. It was 9pm and the sun was still shining bright. We were all sitting around a fire that Jukka had made. Everyone was on the ground except for Jukka, he was the only one who had a chair. He was also the one cooking the sausages since he didn’t trust anyone not to steal them.

“I think I’ll be nice and share my food with the less fortunate.” he said as he handed a sausage to Jarppi and Jarno. He then looked at me and HP and shook his head.

“What about us?” HP asked.
“There aren’t any for you guys.” he said as he took a bite of his.
“Why not?” I asked.
“Because you guys stole food from my country.” he said with his mouth full.

HP and I looked at each other. Jarppi and Jarno looked at Jukka and then at us. Jukka was inspecting what was left of the sausage he was eating.

“I think you guys are starting to take this way too seriously.” I said as I got up.
“Oh just wait till tomorrow!” Jukka smiled.

I didn’t really want to leave the fire since it was starting to get chilly out, but I did. HP followed me a few minutes later.