Dose of Love for Our Vengeance.

Preface.

For all the things that mattered to me this is the last thing I thought that would bring me too much pain if taken away from me. I never thought loosing the battle would really matter to me. When the conflict between us first sparked, it never bothered me. I know either me or my opponent would soon loose, though that won’t affect anything. Wrong. This battle is the fight for everything, or what’s left in the world above. Being some kind of a superhero is the last thing I connected about this fight. A fight for existence was the only reason we’re doing this. But now, we’re not fighting for our existence, but for every one.

As I fall, I saw the fall of everything before my eyes. I know I wasn’t hallucinating, though it wasn’t happening yet. I was a vision of the effect loosing this battle would cause. I squeezed my eyes shut hoping the images would disappear but to my disappointment, it became more prominent under my closed eyelids. I wasn’t expecting this fall; well, I wasn’t really expecting any failures.

I felt a shock as a strong blowing force approached my stomach sending me backwards to something hard. The realization that I was being thrown around came later. I felt the back of my head wet, “Blood.” I groaned. Without a sound, the creature launched itself toward my bleeding body on the floor.

I closed my eyes.