Status: A work in progress for years and years and years ... etc

Headfirst for Halos

Guilt Awakens Many Things

Billie's POV

Where the fuck was she?

It was Friday morning. I had been waiting at my window for at least an hour. Watching for her. She's never usually this late going to school. Too much of a goodie goodie to be late or stay off without good reason.

I bet she left early to avoid me. Fuck my plans up. It would be just like her to do that, the bitch.

So I left for school. I waltzed into my classroom half an hour late only to find the full class present. Except Mel. She wasn't there. The little fucker had given me the slip. Probably played ill to her precious Daddy. Fooled him so she could stay off.

The remainder of the first class passed and I decided to go home. I wasn't staying in school for the hell of it. I could go home and practice on my guitar, get rid of the anger I had built up from last night. Last night when I had seen her go to the beach again with him.
Anyways, my Mom would be home today, for once. It seemed like she was forever working. A day off happened on only very rare occasions.

The walk back home was quite enjoyable. The warm sun beating down on my back, the buildings giving occasional shady spots for me to hide in.
I still couldn't believe she had fooled me. I know she was at the beach last night. Fucking him. She has done that since the start of term. I've seen her arriving home late. I know she's been with him. With him at my beach.
Even just thinking about it sets me off.

I slammed the door shut behind me as I walked through the hallway. My Mom was on the phone to someone, by the sounds of it, trying to calm them down.

Had something happened to someone? Family?

I felt a pang of worry emerge in my stomach.

I went upstairs and lifted the other phone there and listened.

"She's in the hospital Ollie! She nearly died last night!" I heard a woman sob, her voice strangely familiar, but I wasn't sure where from.

'Shit, who nearly died? ' many thoughts raced through my mind.

"Come on dear, shhhhh. Breathe. Now what happened to her?" my Mom's soothing voice cut in between the cries.

"Her arms. She had been cutting. For months. And last night he found her in her room, bleeding badly but still conscious." The lady managed between bawling.

"She had been raped, Ollie. Raped! For months and we didn't know! My Mel, my poor little girl." she sobbed again.

I dropped the phone in a dazed state.

I had tried to fuck her up when she didn't need me to do that for her. She had Brad.

Fuck.

What the hell had I done?

It all made a little more sense now.

She hadn't shown him the beach, he already knew where it was.
He took her there and raped her. Took her to the quietest of places where no one ventured and raped her. Every Thursday. The Thursdays I had watched her return alone in her quiet and sorry state. Her mood was not the act I thought it was. Yeah, she had been fooling her parents, but not in the way that I had imagined. Just about the opposite.

And on the Fridays I had my 'sessions' with her. I beat her.

What the hell was I thinking?

Her life wasn't perfect. Far from it. I had just made matters a whole lot worse.

I was the salt in her open wounds. Literally.