Status: A work in progress for years and years and years ... etc

Headfirst for Halos

The Dawning of a New Day

I sighed and shoved the letter to one side.

Who had written it?
Was it a joke?
Was I going to write back? Yeah, I guess so, how else would I find out who it was?

I looked for a piece of paper and a pen.

Dear You,
I'm still unsure whether or not I have made the right choice in deciding to reply to your note, but i need the chance of gaining a friend, someone to talk to.
Sorry to sound ungratefull now, but I don't want your sympathy. All I want is a friend. Something I have not had for many years. A true friend.
What happened, I would now rather try and forget. It's finished now and thats all i care about. That and getting on with my life. I can't wait to get out of this hell hole of a school, how about you?

If you are going to write, write soon!

From,
Me.


Decent enough, i thought. I shoved the piece of paper into my bag, ready for the next day. If this whole thing wasn't a joke, maybe it would be okay.

*

I sat at my desk with my bag at my feet. Billie Joe hadn't turned up again today, yet he was in school. He was seemingly oblivious to my existance as he was yesterday. It seemed that after my 'incident' everything and everyone had changed. Changed their attitudes towards me and their actions towards me. Hopefully, the hype would fizzle out soon so I could get back to being invisible. Who knows, maybe one of the preps will get pregnant or something.

The bell rung, signaling for our exit. I took my time in gathering my things and getting to my feet. I dropped the note onto my chair as I seen that I wasn't goint to be the last one out of the classroom. Billie Joe was still talking away to Mike. No way in hell did I want him to get his hands on that letter.