Status: A work in progress for years and years and years ... etc

Headfirst for Halos

Emotions Run Wild

I grabbed my bag and jacket and climbed the stairs to my room. Was i hell going to do homework. I dumped my bag and jacket and flopped down onto my bed, curling into the comforts of the fluffy quilt. I thought about the note i had received nearly a week ago now. I was still meaning to write a reply. I couldn't let this opportunity to make a friend escape me. I moved to go reach for my bag when i spotted the corner of an album of some sort peaking out from underneath my bed. I racked my brain trying to think what it was. I hadn't been under my bed in years. God only knows what lurked under there. I pulled the album out and wiped the cover a little bit. This definately hadn't seen the light of day for a while now. My eyes fell over the words that were written in a flowing script style the bottom of the cover. Over the Years.... The cover was a light shade of grey all over except on the areas where my fingertips had touched. I flipped open the cover to reveal a row of pictures of a baby asleep on a fluffy white, wooly quilt, wrapped in a pink shawl. Underneath there were a few sentences; Melanie, Three Weeks. Our Beautiful Daughter. I continued to flip through the pages passing throught years of history at a time until i came to a photograph of two children smiling at each other. My eyes fell to the caption below; Mel and Billie at the beach, aged 9. It was me with my best friend: my only ever best friend. Now the only person i hated. I turned a few more pages, passing photographs of the same two smiling children i once knew. I once was. I came to a photograph that i had never seen before. It was an elderly lady.
My breath hitched in my throat. My fingertips brushed over the photograph. The last photograph in the album. My mother must hav put it there to complete the album. I looked over the picture, my eyes brimming with tears. My Grandma was like my only friend after he changed. She would cheer me up, make me laugh, teach me new things. She was the one who taught me how to sew. She was the one to praise my art work when no one else would. And she had seen my soul. My wall. But she left me too. She died of a heart condition when i was twelve. And then i had no one.
I closed the album and slid it back under my bed. I lifted a pad of paper and a pen and began to write. I had yet to release five years worth of of bottled up emotion aswell as three years of grief. So i began to write;

Dear you...