Status: A work in progress for years and years and years ... etc

Headfirst for Halos

Saturday Morning

The sun shone through a slither of space in between my two curtains, the light slashing across my pillow and face rousing me from my sleep.
Saturday mornings were always blissful. The whole house was asleep. The only noise i could hear was the click of the boiler in the attic signaling that there was now hot water. I lay in my bed thinking of the past few weeks. My life had become significantly better. I was no longer hassled. The nightmares had stopped, thankfully. And i had made a new friend. My pen friend had written back almost immediately after receiving my letter. I had gone into my locker at the end of that day to find a piece of lined paper with a
ragged edge as if it was ripped from a note pad or jotter.

Dear You,
I bet your paintings and doodles are awesome. I once knew this kid that was so good at drawing cartoons and giving them captions, she was my best friend. I always knew that she would go on to be an artist. I bet you will too. What kind of stuff do you draw?
Music has always been a big part of my life since i was young. I got my first guitar and ever since i've been in love. I can go to my own room and play songs to suit my mood, hell, sometimes i even sing along to them, but only when there's no one home.
Personally, i like rock music. Although 'rock' is such a general title. There are so many bands around, i'm sure you'd like a few of them. But then again, you seem like a quiet person, so i maybe i'm wrong. It's only in the past few years i've started writing my own songs, but they aint that good so i've not really showed them to anyone yet.
So do you have any friends? Close family members?

From Me


So yeah i had what i could probably class as a friend. I just wish i knew who my new friend was. As the hours eventually passed i managed to get out of bed and go for a long shower and then changed into some casual clothes. I knew i probably wasn't going out anywhere today. Mum was probably going to go shopping though. Then i would have the house till myself to watch tv. I returned to my room and began to search for my paint markers. I had the urge to draw on my wall. I looked under my bed and under the pile of clothes lying on the floor. Eventually i found them stashed in my bottom drawer next to my sketch book. I tried the colours one by one, as i did everytime i used them, however this time i found that none of them were working properly. Last time i used them they were beginning to run out, obviously i had forgotten to replace them. A trip to the art shop it was then.

So much for not going out today...